Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
03-15-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archofwinter View Post
I've seen this before, and I seem to remember thinking at the time how utterly uninformative and useless it was for anyone who hasn't played all 3. Really completely pointless..
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
It is useless for some, especially those new to MMO, but from what we know now and how this diagram lays it out, we can understand why certain game is doing better.

Both STO and LOTR allows players to earn cash-currency.
They simply have more features as F2P than SWTOR.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
03-15-2013, 09:20 PM
If by chance you subbed once before F2P you are now considered preferred which now gives you 6 toons to play if you so choose, at first it was only 2 but I think there was enough complaints that preferred did not get enough that they expanded on that and gave them 6 to play, I am a preferred player but I do not play all the time only when I need a break from STO or am so dam bored that I feel like playing something from Star Wars, I was excited at first when F2P came to SW:ToR but now it seems to be a play to win model more than a free to play model the restrictions just turned me off. Its a ok game but Star Trek will always be my first love over Star Wars.
Career Officer
# 25
03-15-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
How many games are interesting on the 20th play-through?

I have 14 characters in STO and constantly dread starting a new one, as I know it's just going to be the same exact missions over and over. I even made 1 character who only leveled using Foundry missions just to try and stem some of the boredom.

At least about 20% of SWTOR's missions are Class specific. Who here doesn't wish even 1% of STO's missions were specifically for Science, Tac, or Engineers?

Neither game is close to perfect - they're both very average - and they're both fun rides, until you get bored with them.
Yes - but I think what he's getting at is - with all the cutscenes in SWToR - it's more of a pain to have to constantly spacebar through them (and still have to make the requisie faction choices too - which does affect the gear you can use - then just to 'F' through a character text screen popup. If you're just replaying a mission on an Alt, or to get the reward - it's relatively quick and painless to rush through it when compared to ANY mission 9even side quests) in SWToR.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Ensign
SWTOR is doing better from a few hints out there because of the Cash Shop it seems, but I simply could not take the leveling or post 50 dailies grind anymore. That and everything they have added since firing most of the original staff just isn't Star Wars--it really has become WoW in space.

And I was a subscriber all the way back to beta.

Hoping STO is better.
Captain
# 27
03-22-2013, 11:25 AM
I may have supported TOR a lot in the past around here. But the announcement yesterday about the barber shop requiring real world money doesn't sit well with me. The CC there is too lacking to try to tell people to pay for each visit to their upcoming barber shop tbh.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 28
03-22-2013, 11:50 AM
There really is no incentive to renew my subscription to TOR, I've leveled up a few toons seen what the game is about and now it's meh. It always was WoW in space, or to be more exact WoW in sci fi since its space game is crap. It isn't really F2P since it's F2P model is so heavily limited you have to dump money into the game just to play it. The game is hurting, badly, and they are going to have to make a lot more available to free players if they want to save it. It just didn't live up to all of the hype and the format is just not MMO material.
STO is not perfect, that is a certainty, but it has so much more to offer players at all levels than TOR could ever hope to do in it's current setup.
Captain
# 29
03-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthstormstrike View Post
I may have supported TOR a lot in the past around here. But the announcement yesterday about the barber shop requiring real world money doesn't sit well with me. The CC there is too lacking to try to tell people to pay for each visit to their upcoming barber shop tbh.
Yeah, they're really trying to milk it before it dies...
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 30
03-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Neither game is close to perfect - they're both very average - and they're both fun rides, until you get bored with them.
funny that sounds like my ex wife
look for me in game as "Admiral Quinn" yeah that admiral quinn..and while your at it get off muh station!!!