Survivor of Remus
# 1 changing login user name
03-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to change a username.

A friend of mine has started to play, but had put his email address as a username and wants to change it.

I couldn't help him as I do not know myself, and he can't start a thread because he is brand new.

He asked me to post this question.

Thanks.
Career Officer
# 2
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
I think the way to do it, is to beg on bleeding knees and praying to any god you can think off...

From what I know, it generally dosent happen.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 3
03-18-2013, 01:38 PM
All I can suggest is for him to contact Perfect Worlds Customer Service and ask them to change it.

Since it's an email address, they should.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-18-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem613 View Post
Does anyone know if there's a way to change a username.

A friend of mine has started to play, but had put his email address as a username and wants to change it.

I couldn't help him as I do not know myself, and he can't start a thread because he is brand new.

He asked me to post this question.

Thanks.
Hard to do but not impossible...go to support page at :

https://support.perfectworld.com/app/home

Then request to make changes and take "no" for an answer. Even if you have to escalate to a Tech II as long as you have a valid reason for doing so they will consider it and let you know. I have seen people doing this rare but doable.

Good luck!
[
Lieutenant
# 5
03-22-2013, 11:59 AM
I tried to invite one of my friends to STO, and it didn't even give him the option of providing an account name - it jsut defaulted straight to using his email.

Put him off in the end.