Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 91
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Of course there is no mention of KDF on this page, after all it is the big showcase of the expansion called Legacy of Romulus, not Rise of the Klingon Empire. However, everything else is speculation until proven otherwise or shown into a dev log, ask cryptic or any official page...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Survivor of Romulus
# 92
03-22-2013, 05:21 PM
To me it's actually logical that they're marketing the Romulan content.
The Romulan content is new. They are establishing a whole new faction in STO. Ofcoruse that they'll be throwing their sales pitch based on this.

They want to market this in the gaming world. Especially that the J.J.2 movie is being released. Ofcourse they will say: "Join STO now, we have Romulans comming in May!" as it sounds much better than "Come to STO today, we finally managed to complete the Klingon faction after 3 years!" lol

To be honest, at this point the "Legacy of Romulus" site does not reveal anything about anything other than there will be the Romulan Republic, everyone starts at lvl 1 and there is a new UI.

BranFlakes already said that they have a ton of blogs prepared for this gap period untill the release of the expansion, so I guess we'll slowly starting to find out the contents of the May update day by day. At this point we just have to wait and see.
Captain
# 93
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
To me it's actually logical that they're marketing the Romulan content.
Of course it is, the entire point of that page is marketing the Romulan faction ... not the KDF faction.

But as usual the "I am never happy" usual suspect show up, I do suspect a lot of the Romulan missions will end up being recycled for the KDF but my hopes is they only recycle the maps and make KDF side having its own view of events taking place, truthfully they are NOT going to make this Klingons:Online with the Fed players only existing so the Glorious Klingon Warriors (that look like half naked Orion women) can go blast them with their P2W consoles and their OP ships.

And even if that happen they WOULD complain about something.
Empire Veteran
# 94
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm just going to wait and see before I say thank the Dev's or reaffirm my decision that this game isn't worth sinking any more cash into.

I see two main outcomes here:
1. All 3 factions will start getting equality. Emphasis will turn away from the Federation (milking the cow dry and all that) and into the other two factions.
2. The KDF will get little (start at lvl 1 and will be a grind to get to 50) and a lot if not all of the development will be now be on Rom and Fed.

Only time will tell. 2013 will be the year for STO whether bad or good we will have to see. Open minded and low expectations are the key here for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 95
03-22-2013, 07:59 PM
I think option 3 is more likely with option 3 being the following:

There will be a focus on bring up KDF and RSE into somewhat equal status with Starfleet in relation to leveling missions, that means KDF will have its Romulan Front expanded beyond just the FE+Alpha with perhaps new missions on the Federation front.

Those missions are likely based on the RSE missions, Cardassian front missions might be shared with RSE and KDF having the same missions, some missions (like "A New Link") might be adapted for RSE/KDF use.

After that, focus will be back on Feature Episodes that will be cross faction as they have been so far.

I think the idea Fedland is being abandoned in favor of their new masters is just absurd, like it or not the "Feddies" are going to compose about 50%+ of the population and there is also the fact the game been stuck on "A Light in the Dark" and it needs to move forward.

That DOES mean there must be a convergence were KDF/Fed/RSE will be playing the exact same missions, they already do with the "The Undine Advance" that is the same for all, what lacks is a reasoning to why they will be doing the same missions.

Well thats what I think ... trying to develop 3 factions into 3 different directions will just lead us to were we are or worst.
Empire Veteran
# 96
03-22-2013, 08:06 PM
You guys know itss the romulan star republic not the empire that is the faction right I keep seeing ppl saying RSE when it should be RSR.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Captain
# 97
03-22-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
You guys know itss the romulan star republic not the empire that is the faction right I keep seeing ppl saying RSE when it should be RSR.
Well you are right, it does say Romulan Republic but I dont think we start up as it since we see Sela and its likely we start at RSE and at one point we became part of the Romulan Republic after Sela is gone.
Captain
# 98
03-23-2013, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Technically, "Star" wasn't really stated either.

Quote:
Nobody ever won a war by dyeing for their country.
I must disagree with your sig. Without properly colored uniforms, how would people know what side they're on? There would be confusion and they'd end up shooting each other. Dyeing is very important!