Career Officer
# 41
03-22-2013, 11:22 AM
I was wrong [edit: oh wait, I wasn't. LOL.] about the Romulan faction. I was right about the Rage and Tears. They will flow in bucketfuls.

Last edited by crusty8mac; 03-29-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Captain
# 42
03-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Considering that people had the exact same expectations for New Romulus...and we ended up tagging space rabbits instead, I wouldn't be so sure.

There is the Azura nebula, the Vault , the Salt vampire Mines beside the epohs.

And epohs are actually an easy way to grind marks.

If I could tag Borg puppies for 5 days, then turn it in for an item that in 3 days gives 400 omega marks.... I would be *Happy* .
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
03-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
I don't think anyone doubted the devs want a Romulan faction. The people who said they didn't think it would happen at this point in time, which included myself, felt that based on the devs' own comments and their history over the last three years, that a true full-faction would take too much time and resources to do.

After all, when STO turned 3 years old you still had to play 25 levels as a Fed to go into KDF and even then you skipped through 40% of the levels.

I'm still concerned about the content and how they plan on having enough for 50 levels of Romulan play and an extra 20 levels of KDF play. Hopefully this is something they've been secretly working on since PWE bought them a year and a half ago because then there's a good shot the players will get what they want and expect.
To you I say:

LOL!
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
03-22-2013, 11:22 PM
Well predictable responses came from all the naysayers, who have all now moved onto naysaying whatever is left to naysay now that they thing they naysaid has proven its anti-nay field was able to withstand the nayionic torpedoes.

Of course now it's, "Yes but the Romulan faction will suck/won't get enough dev attention/won't have enough players" even though of course we know YOU'LL roll a rommy and so will I and so will... everyone!

What will really happen is they'll have to finally update the PVP system to accommodate a third faction. Wow a change to PVP for the first time since beta!

NOW THAT WILL ONLY HAPPEN IF HELL FREEZES OVER.
Career Officer
# 45
03-22-2013, 11:32 PM
I am going to stick with my original opinion: It's better to be cautious and expect the worst, and then be happily surprised, than vice versa.

AND... If it is a full working faction, STILL remains to be seen (Think KDF), but granted it does look better now than before.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
03-23-2013, 06:03 AM
I thought they previously said we wouldn't be able to fly a Deiderex.

Now they say we will be able to?

Which is it?
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Career Officer
# 47
03-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

Which is it?
I believe they only said we wouldn't be able to fly it as a lockbox ship (unlike the Galor).
Ensign
# 48
03-23-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelrhiana View Post
I doubted the possibility of a faction because I am very much a pessimist in reagrds to things like this. I am used to being let down by MMO's so I figure...why bother getting my hopes up? It makes for a nice surprise when something DOES go the way you secretly wish it to. I cried last night because I was so happy to hear that we get a faction at last, something that I have been waiting for since back in beta. I suppose I wasn't totally discounting the idea of a faction coming in May, it was more of a "I'm-too-afraid-to-get-my-hopes-up" thing.
^^ This one has learned the power of pessimism! Optimists are either right or have something to be down about. Pessimists are either right or have something to be happy about!

I was sceptical about a faction to be added and came to doubt it more till it was annouced so happy again. Though I wasn't committed which way knowing MMO's in general lol
Ensign
# 49
03-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Let's just wait till the faction comes out in may before we pass judgement.
Member since november 2011. IGN: SirHiss
Career Officer
# 50
03-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post

Which is it?
They said we wouldn be able to fly it by getting it in a grab-bag...

Theres a significant diffrence.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos