Career Officer
# 21
02-19-2013, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleycrasher View Post
The biggest problem is the artificial cap on Mark rewards for Azure Nebula rescue. No matter how many ships you save, you'll only get, what, 18 marks if its not during the reputation event? 22 or 24 if it is? Then you get the added slap in the face of it being a timed mission, so you need to sit there for a minute before it even starts, then you save enough ships to hit the cap and need to sit there for another five minutes doing nothing so you can collect your reward. Its an awful waste of time.
This is a huge issue - missions should NOT be hard capped AND time gated; that's what `i call double-jeopardy grind. The hard cap for marks is onerous because THAT'S WHAT THE TiMER IS FOR!!!
Survivor of Remus
# 22
03-22-2013, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post

But now that the holiday event is over, grinding New Romulus can get to be a pain, and tediously repetitious. Azura Rescue is good, but not near as effective as STF is for Omega. So I definitely support the idea for STF-like missions on the Romulan side. Plus I actually run STF after STF most of the time I am online anyway, so I very well might do the same for Romulan STFs.
This sentence says it all "grinding New Romulus can get to be a pain, and tediously repetitious",it's my biggest issue with the Romulan Rep. It's so painful to me that I just stopped and haven't played any of the content,the amount of Romulan Marks one gets is just ridiculously low.
Captain
# 23
03-22-2013, 03:58 PM
To further emphasize that, I created 2 Caitians during the Double XP weekend, and I cannot be arsed into working on Romulan Rep for either of them. The only Romulan Marks either of them have are purely from the S7 Tribble, because that Tribble does give somewhat good bonuses for a new character.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
# 24
03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
my personal pet peeve with rom marks is:

sure we can do epohh tagging collect our 4 active tagg run doff mission and wait, then do ur little conduct repairs, gather samples missions or go do the rom patrol 1x per day hopefully catch a working red alert during rep hour whee 120ish marks once a day

vs

run khitomer grd elite 10-20min = 75-130 marks plus dilithium repeatable every hour
run infected space elite 10-20min = same as above
pick 2 other stfs or run defera for 30min doing hard missions = 60 x 4 marks

So for your 1 hour of rep grinding daily u get 390+ omega marks repeatable for the stfs vs 150ish rom marks but rom marks have a 20hr cooldown.

maybe if they removed the 20hr cooldown on rom patrol/tagging missions and made them an hour cd like stfs it wouldn't feel so tedious and it might even be fun to run around new romulus instead of feeling forced to go there.

good hunting
Commander
# 25
03-22-2013, 06:44 PM
yea it would be nice if they added Romulan elite mission version of the vault and nebula.
Captain
# 26
03-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Still waiting on a better PVE Romulan space and ground mission that gives marks, dil and zen comparable to elite STFs. My main is stuck at T4 Romulan Rep and all my alts are only T0,T1 or T2 rep, while I was able to get 5 characters to T5 Omega long ago.

I refuse to do silly Epohh tagging and fools erands on NR for only 5-10 marks each. The 2 space missions don't give enough marks to be worth my time, and while mine trap is fun, 20 man PVE missions just don't work good and usually ends up with half the zones failing.

The patrol missions take too long for the marks and get really boring if you try to speed it up by doing all 5 at the same planet so I won't do those anymore either.

Good thing I don't really need T5 Romulan rep for anything as I don't want the gear or a ability with a ten minute cooldown taking up space on my toolbar, but I would like to eventually finish it someday just to conclude the story.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-22-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
Guys....we need Romulan STF Missions.

Okay, now lemme explain why. Grinding for Omega Marks, and Dilithium is unbelievably simple thanks to the PvE queues and the rewards you get for the time put in. Anywhere I go, all I have to do is go to the PvE queue, join Infected Space Elite....accepted 5 seconds later, BAM. In about 35 minutes I just made ~75 Omega Marks, 960 Dilithium, and 1-11 BNPs, accounting for up to 2000 more dilithium. A couple of these a day I can fill my projects daily with plenty of Omega Marks left over for equipment requisitions. SWEET!

Now let's do the Romulan Reputation! Alright....um, well I'm at DS9, so I guess I'm gonna have to cross space to even get to New Romulus...and when I get there, I can do about 2 missions in maybe 35-40 minutes, that's 20 Romulan Marks plus 5 for the Beginning a New Future mission...about 25 marks in the time it makes for me to get 3x as many of the Borg Reputation System AND I get dilithium out of the latter. see a problem here yet?

So I appeal and say Please give us Romulan STFs. I get that the Romulan missions are easier and therefore grant us less marks, but why can't we have harder missions with greater rewards?

What if we got some space/ground missions involving Stealth Strikes against the Tholians or the Tal Shiar? Plus Elite versions, giving us ~75 Romulan Marks and 960 Dilithium (or Fleet Marks ([50]?). This will be much more convenient than having to fly to the Tau Dewa Sector Block, beam down to New Romulus and get less than half the rewards in the same amount of time.

To ensure that New Romulus doesn't lose its popularity at the same time (and this goes for the War Zones on Defera and Nukara as well) I recommend increasing the rewards to 30 Romulan Marks per mission completed (except for Epohh tagging which is different) and a bonus 20 for the Beginning a New Future mission.
Open the STF queue and do Azure Rescue, the Salt Monster mission, The Vault Ensnared. These give you marks too.

And to transwarp guy, buy an Excelsior

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Ensign
# 28
03-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Still waiting on a better PVE Romulan space and ground mission that gives marks, dil and zen comparable to elite STFs. My main is stuck at T4 Romulan Rep and all my alts are only T0,T1 or T2 rep, while I was able to get 5 characters to T5 Omega long ago.

I refuse to do silly Epohh tagging and fools erands on NR for only 5-10 marks each. The 2 space missions don't give enough marks to be worth my time, and while mine trap is fun, 20 man PVE missions just don't work good and usually ends up with half the zones failing.

The patrol missions take too long for the marks and get really boring if you try to speed it up by doing all 5 at the same planet so I won't do those anymore either.

Good thing I don't really need T5 Romulan rep for anything as I don't want the gear or a ability with a ten minute cooldown taking up space on my toolbar, but I would like to eventually finish it someday just to conclude the story.
If you want the marks you do the content. It's no different than for those who don't want to do STFs then complain because getting Omega marks is then difficult.

Epohh tagging takes almost no time, you can earn 3 tags out of 4 by yourself if you cba to find a group, and you only have to do it once a day. After a couple days you start getting batches of 300 marks. When I started doing this I had no more problems with rom marks.

Omega though it's grind, grind, grind those eSTFs.

That said more options is always good. And the content is already there. I'd welcome elite versions of Azure Nebula and the Vault Ensnared because, as is, they are far too easy with far too little reward to make them worth doing except on occasion for fun.