Survivor of Romulus
Welcome to the Foundry Roundtable, a weekly podcast dedicated to Foundry missions, mission building and other UGC issues starring Foundry authors Drogyn1701, Markhawkman (absent this week), Hippiejohn and Greendragoon. Our guest this week is CaptPFDennis.

In Episode 7 we discuss tricks to make one ship destroy another on queue, custom map-building, the Foundry Challenge winner and more.

listen to it here and here:

Missions discussed:
Depths of Nukara Prime by P_Sutherland
Legend of the Inspector General by Malize
Sink the Bismark! by drogyn1701
Remains of the Daimon by CaptPFdennis
Hero of the Empire by RogueEnterprise

Other notes:

The reveal is out. I made sure to post in the Ask Cryptic about whether the Romulan Faction will have Foundry functionality. Hopefully dstahl will pick that one to answer.

If you have a topic you?d like to see us cover or would like to be a guest-host, e-mail us at FoundryRoundtable@live.com or follow us on Twitter: @FoundryRoundtab
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 2
03-22-2013, 07:33 AM
I have to try the missions you discuss. Sounds like some very interesting content. Oh we now have costume sharing on SBUGC: http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/cat...rces/costumes/
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 03-22-2013 at 07:35 AM.
Rihannsu
# 3
03-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, sorry I wasn't there. It was a mix of stuff coming up and poor planning on my part.

I'm going to have to listen to this one simply because I wasn't there.

@ Lincoln: just change the names on oyur DA to Start with Costume_ and they'll work fine!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, sorry I wasn't there. It was a mix of stuff coming up and poor planning on my part.

I'm going to have to listen to this one simply because I wasn't there.
Missed having you.

@greendragoon
Rihannsu
# 5
03-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Wednesday, and Yesterday I was doing a carpentry project that involved using freshly cut logs to prop up a floor. I was actually done before 6 but.... oh well. I should be there next time.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
03-22-2013, 10:43 AM
No worries mark, this is why I wanted a good-sized cast of hosts, so people can miss a week and it's not a big deal
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 7
03-23-2013, 11:50 AM
I have to agree with Captpfdennis and the rest of you that I enjoy the smaller stories. There are too many foundry missions where the plot synopsis is: "You must face a new threat to the whole galaxy/ federation etc." So tired and cliche to me and so like hollywood and the video game industry(If we want that story we have the Iconian threat in the Cryptic missions). That said I dislike how small text dialogue is on the screen without making the entire hud really big, So I find doing a whole lot of reading tiring. Let's hope the may update addresses this.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR