Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
# 51
03-23-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We're hosting a play with the devs event on Tribble today at 4pm Pacific time.

Jump on to tribble and take on the Crystalline Entity with the assistance of an army of STO developers! We want YOU...to give us feedback on this fleet action.

Feel free to leave your feedback here or in the existing Crystalline Entity thread.
Would of have liked to join but the time REALLY REALLY sucks for the EU...

When looking at the time zone converter, it show up as 01:00 my time, wich is int the middle of the night...

Who plans these kind of things over at Cryptic?? Way to shut out EU player Cryptic... WTG....
Empire Veteran
# 52
03-23-2013, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post

When looking at the time zone converter, it show up as 01:00 my time, wich is int the middle of the night...

Who plans these kind of things over at Cryptic?? Way to shut out EU player Cryptic... WTG....
I agree with you when they do something like this they need to do something where theres 3 people or 3 groups of people so every 8 hours they could nail the time zone issue.
Career Officer
# 53
03-23-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I agree with you when they do something like this they need to do something where theres 3 people or 3 groups of people so every 8 hours they could nail the time zone issue.
It strikes me as an impromptu event considering the community manager who usually organises such events across timezones is currently out of the office attending PAX. Good on the devs for doing it. The CE event needed some more numbers and now they have that. It was very difficult to get enough people on tribble to event initiate one run.

Plus we had a great time, and we had a good 'ol shoot 'em up around ESD. =-)
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 03-23-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Career Officer
# 54
03-23-2013, 07:03 AM
I turned up at 0000 GMT but was there after the event... found the reason why!... the timeanddate.com site was showing the London time in BST and not GMT which we are currently in - this is because the date was set to 16 June 2012!

Shame I missed it, would have been good - but did manage to fight all the enemies that were spawned in the Sol system!
Geekly going where no Geek has gone before!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

SCCFleet.com - twitter.com/SCCFleet - facebook.com/SCCFleet
info "at" SCCFleet.com - MidNiteShadow7 "at" SCCFleet.com
Community Moderator
# 55
03-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekvin View Post
Whats 4pm pst in gmt / bst?
If you type "4pm pst in gmt" into Google, it will give you an excellent answer. I'm not aware of any of the regional localizations for Google for which this isn't true.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Community Moderator
# 56
03-23-2013, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post

You understand the employees themselves are in California, and that this was something they were doing as part of their work, to improve the product, right? Of course they did it during their working hours. That's when they, you know, work.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 57
03-23-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
You understand the employees themselves are in California, and that this was something they were doing as part of their work, to improve the product, right? Of course they did it during their working hours. That's when they, you know, work.
Some Friday afternoon office fun it seems! The screenshots floating around the interwebs looks awesome!
Career Officer
# 58
03-23-2013, 12:20 PM
You lost me on this one. According to the timezone converted posted, this is on Sunday 01:00 which is in about 4h40min.
But the upper part of that converter says it was last year?...
People talk here like it already happened.
And salami's post which says "Yesterday, 09:19 PM", announcing the event at 4pm "today",
doesn't help either.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Career Officer
# 59
03-23-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll be playing NWO beta, which has far less bugs even in this stage of developement.
There are no bugs here, only 'features' that are 'working as intended'
Career Officer
# 60
03-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Me and my fleet FAE will be there!

#It'sJustaGameAndAFreeOneAtThat!
Come Visit the 44th Fleet
Closed Thread