Career Officer
# 21
03-23-2013, 05:34 AM
Oh please, the only thing drawing most players to the KDF is that they're not the Federation.
That's it.

Throw in a non-Fed faction with some actual dignity and players will flock to them and leave the KDF a ghost town.
Career Officer
# 22
03-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Oh please, the only thing drawing most players to the KDF is that they're not the Federation.
That's it.

Throw in a non-Fed faction with some actual dignity and players will flock to them and leave the KDF a ghost town.
Oh please, you underestimate the KDF playerbase.

People will flock to the Romulans only as flavor-of-the-month, to experience new content and storylines. After they exhausted that and back to same-ol, they will return to the characters they heavily invested in. Only exception are true fans of the Romulans.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Captain
# 23
03-23-2013, 10:23 AM
Since they're not really doing much of anything with the old ESD, why not color that up all green and stark, and make that the Romulan Starbase? The one thing it has going for it is, it didn't look anything like a federation base to begin with.

Career Officer
# 24
03-23-2013, 12:34 PM
They already have assets for Romulan starbases in game. We encounter some in the Federation missions. I think that would be their starting point and adjust accordingly to make it a player starbase.
Captain
# 25
03-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Dear Cryptic lords can we please have a little break between the massive grinds ... pretty please!

Thanks,
A Loyal Uhlan
Empire Veteran
# 26
03-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I really hope they are going in a different direction with the Romulan Spacestations.

Since its very possible in the long-run (after the excitement is over) that the Romulan faction will have same or lower population than the KDF population. So instead of Fleet Starbases, why don't the Romulan players work towards a Community Starbase, that later becomes the Romulan Space Dock.

And we can see the progress of the construction from the orbit of Mol'Rihan.

That way the community themselves unlock the content like newer Cryptic ships and graduate out of the recommissioned ships from the Enterprise, TOS, and even TNG eras.
Or join one of the mega fleets. 500 people helps a lot to alleviate the burden of farming resources.

A new starbase to level up is a small price to pay for an independent faction.
Career Officer
# 27
03-23-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Or join one of the mega fleets. 500 people helps a lot to alleviate the burden of farming resources.

A new starbase to level up is a small price to pay for an independent faction.
I know, and I'm certain it would happen. Though I worry that of everyone puts all their eggs in one basket, that basket isn't going to break.

Besides, be different from Fed and KDF if the Romulan community actually worked together as an actual community. Hence my idea. Because if the Romulans going to be another cut and paste job like the KDF, it would get boring in the long run.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2013, 04:03 PM
All I hope is that Romulan Starbases can upgrade to such a state that *ANY* incoming vessel
has this played for them in their bridge room, Star Trek style, in retrospect to the big station.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
I mentioned this in another thread, but I really hope they are going in a different direction with the Romulan Spacestations.

Since its very possible in the long-run (after the excitement is over) that the Romulan faction will have same or lower population than the KDF population. So instead of Fleet Starbases, why don't the Romulan players work towards a Community Starbase, that later becomes the Romulan Space Dock.

And we can see the progress of the construction from the orbit of Mol'Rihan.

That way the community themselves unlock the content like newer Cryptic ships and graduate out of the recommissioned ships from the Enterprise, TOS, and even TNG eras.
I love this idea, i have proposed doing something along these lines for those that aren't apart of a fleet, but gain access to those fleet items just as independent fleets would have access to. With the introduction of the starbase system and building, they could run wild with that, in keeping the gaming going, while allowing for us to build up assets or stations, it is endless.