Lt. Commander
# 21
05-22-2011, 06:43 AM
It would be nice if they got rid of the Trill and gave us Augment instead. Anyone that has a Trill now could have the option to change at the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory275 View Post
But you can already RP as a Klingon augment using the alien species and you get to choose all the traits.
You could do the same with Tellarites on the Fed side early on. But they made Tellarites a playable race.

You can currently do the same with Androids, but I hear Androids are in development.

You can do the same with cardassians but people keep asking for cardassians as a playable race.

Just some food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You could do the same with Tellarites on the Fed side early on. But they made Tellarites a playable race.

You can currently do the same with Androids, but I hear Androids are in development.

You can do the same with cardassians but people keep asking for cardassians as a playable race.

Yeah, I made a couple Cardassian boffs, LOL. All I'm saying is that as much as I love TOS, I'd rather the resources be used for significant upgrades rather than fluff. Yes having a toon that says "Augmented Klingon" instead of "Alien" is fluff to me. I'm not against this.. I'm simply saying lets have some priorities.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I made a couple Cardassian boffs, LOL. All I'm saying is that as much as I love TOS, I'd rather the resources be used for significant upgrades rather than fluff. Yes having a toon that says "Augmented Klingon" instead of "Alien" is fluff to me. I'm not against this.. I'm simply saying lets have some priorities.
If it becomes a revenue generator for Cryptic by selling the Augments then it's not fluff to them. They'll make up the money they spent on programmer wages at some point. I don't know what the ROI is though.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynical13 View Post
If it becomes a revenue generator for Cryptic by selling the Augments then it's not fluff to them. They'll make up the money they spent on programmer wages at some point. I don't know what the ROI is though.
Yeah... I said having the species name is fluff to me. Anyway, again, I'm not against it... I'm simply saying prioritize what the KDF needs. I mean where does this rank in the scope of all that we need? Talk about a let down... "hey we spent three months developing something you already have that's better," when they could say, "hey we spent three months on Klingon territorial control" or something like that. Is what I'm saying so unreasonable?
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-22-2011, 02:57 PM
I never said your argument wasn't valid, only proposing a reason why they might pursue it. And we're only playing what if right now. I haven't heard anything about them actually working on this, only "wouldn't it be nice". I understand that you don't feel that way, but apparently a few of us do think it would be a good idea.

They're already talking about revamping somethings on the Klingon side in season 4 or 5. I don't know the extent of it, but information is available in the engineering report and the monthly Q&A page.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-22-2011, 03:13 PM
LOL. I think we understand each other.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-22-2011, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opzulu View Post
well if a joined trill is canon for klingons, I say add the tos ones anyway, with a diff skills set. Remember they were very smart and strong but arrogant as well in an extreme.

Why "waste" the resources? Its bringing the klingon faction some rp flavor...
When this was brought up before, I suggested that the Honorable trait be swapped with one of the two human traits. I agree on why not add another separate species.? Cryptic would likely be more open to the idea if they sold the Augments in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post

Yup, the food is really chewy....dunno about you but KDF androids?...lol....that would be...nice.. Klingons...without the smell of a Klingon....lol.
Ensign
# 30
03-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
My Klingon main is a TOS Klingon, which I had to make using the Alien species.

The worst thing about it is that, while Cryptic has given us the unique gold tunic, they have NOT given us the distinctive pants or belt or boots. And the female Klingons in TOS had a unique one-piece miniskirt dress which is also not in the game at all.

Dear Cryptic: If you're going to give us a "TOS Uniform" option, please give us the ENTIRE UNIFORM, not just one piece of it! And a way to make Klingons smooth-headed and with the facial hair of the TOS. Otherwise, we can't really make TOS Klingons at all!
I just started playing this and I bought a boatload of Zen to do a TOS version of the game. They really haven't made a TOS Klingon pack yet? Dang...... Whoever's been making custom TOS Klingons, please shoot me a PM on how to do it. Thanks!
Closed Thread