Survivor of Romulus
# 31
03-24-2013, 05:55 AM
Technically of course the augment thing is Soft canon based on federation views alone (its from a holodeck program)

Yeah really
Enterprise is ALL a holodeck program probably written by Reg from the sheer amount of bare flesh
Career Officer
# 32
03-24-2013, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xieshihua View Post
I just started playing this and I bought a boatload of Zen to do a TOS version of the game. They really haven't made a TOS Klingon pack yet? Dang...... Whoever's been making custom TOS Klingons, please shoot me a PM on how to do it. Thanks!
The best bet is still using the "Alien" template and building them "by hand".
Looks roughly like this:

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/8489/tos1q.png

I used the TOS uniform and used coulour "C8" for the jacket colour.
Pants arre "Stippled" with coulour "C23".
Hope this helps a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-24-2013, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Technically of course the augment thing is Soft canon based on federation views alone (its from a holodeck program)

Yeah really
Enterprise is ALL a holodeck program probably written by Reg from the sheer amount of bare flesh
Bull.

Star Trek: Enterprise is fully canon- I dare you to list even three official, non-fan sources that say otherwise. Only that one episode at the very end is shown to be a holodeck program, and likely one written by historians given that Riker considered it accurate enough to be inspiration for what he had to do next. There was no indication at any point in the series or that episode to show that the rest was a holoprogram as well.

Don't pull things out of your butt and act like they're a fact.
Empire Veteran
# 34
03-24-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatyanasergei View Post
Bull.

Star Trek: Enterprise is fully canon- I dare you to list even three official, non-fan sources that say otherwise. Only that one episode at the very end is shown to be a holodeck program, and likely one written by historians given that Riker considered it accurate enough to be inspiration for what he had to do next. There was no indication at any point in the series or that episode to show that the rest was a holoprogram as well.

Don't pull things out of your butt and act like they're a fact.
I agree, if it helps consider it part of the AR universe, the Temporal Cold War coming about thanks to Janeway saving the 29th Century Sol system (Future's End pt2) which in turn created this parallel timeline that ENT and Star Trek XI is in. People might dispute them being in the same timeline due to what Spock was saying in that movie but remember he was only theorizing with the facts he had at hand. It would explain the USS Kelvin at the beginning of the movie too.

That way the haters can stay happy and cuddle up to their own canon pillow and timeline and the rest of us don't have to listen to their endless pointless and closed minded dribble about ENT and Star Trek XI being non-canon and destroying Trek and all that other garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 35
03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
TBH, I would have preferred if the had not given the KDF Joined Trill, but Augmented Klingon instead.

They could have kept the Hyper Metabolism trait with the same name and the Joined Symbiote trait could have just been renamed to Augmented Neural Pathways with the exact same stats.
It would have fit what was said in "Enterprise" about the augmented Klingons there ("stronger, more intelligent") and it would have kept the factions more seperate.
This is a great idea imo and worth being mentioned somewhere better than in this thread, meaning it deserves its own thread in "general discussion". I mean, KDF has raiding instead of diplomacy, so faction distinction is not an odd concept...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Survivor of Romulus
# 36
03-25-2013, 02:14 AM
The "Cold war" made the time line self terminating
it was a holodeck program

theres no other rational explaination for MOST of it
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-25-2013, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
The "Cold war" made the time line self terminating
it was a holodeck program

theres no other rational explaination for MOST of it
Nope.

DTI, TOA, Aegis, and all of the other Temporal Accord signatory organizations won that one. Archer's timeline was preserved. Again- I dare you to give any official supporting evidence that Star Trek: Enterprise is somehow less canon than any of the other TV series. I'll lower it, even; Just give me ONE official source that proves your assertions that it was all just a holodeck program. Just one source.

...You can't, can you? So please stop throwing around 'facts' that have nothing to back them up.

Last edited by tatyanasergei; 03-25-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Community Moderator
# 38 Closing Necro Thread
03-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Guys... a little hint... when the topic shows up as being started by "Archived Post" you can probably safely conclude that it is a necro thread and that you shouldn't post in it.

For future reference, any thread which has been inactive for 30 days or more is considered a "dead" thread and should not be posted in. You may start a new thread on the topic if there is not another one active.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Closed Thread