Commander
# 11
03-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post

as for the Lobi issue, I think we should be able to buy it via GPL.

at a ratio of 100:1 (GPL:Lobi)
All good points and I am glad to see I am not the only one that thinks this is a worthy issue for the Devs to address.

My PoV is that I want all the Temporal stuff, a Wells class ship with all the cool consoles and maybe a uniform to go with it... but the Lobi issue means it will take years for me to gain these by which point I would of long ago given up, got frustrated and move on to another F2P game like DC Universe!

Surely the there is enough content in the Lobi store to create a Temporal or Ferengi Packages like with the TOS Package in the Z-Store?
ATTENTION: UNDINE SPACE & TKON GROUND SETS ALL THE WAY DEVS!.. Q-TRIBBLE, MAYBE!?.. EJECT WARP CORE ABILITY LIKE LAYING A SUPER-MINE, HELL YES!!!.. SPACE HIPPIES FROM TOS PLAYING MUSIC IN OUR FLEET STARBASE, NO, JUST, NO... CAIT & RA'KHOLN ADVENTURE ZONE, YES

Ensign
# 12
03-24-2013, 10:48 AM
the point of making the mobius temporal destroyer 800 lobi is so that there aren't sectors FULL of them. I have spent money, ground dilithium to convert to zen and ground ECs to buy lockbox keys to get my Mobius, my Wells, and my wells uniform (and MU uniform parts for my mobius uniform). I'm still grinding for the temporal warfare set. if you WANT these things, you can do the same thing the rest of us have done and work for them, or purchase the lockboxes for them. Making them hard to get is how they keep them rare.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
03-24-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailraiser View Post
the point of making the mobius temporal destroyer 800 lobi is so that there aren't sectors FULL of them. I have spent money, ground dilithium to convert to zen and ground ECs to buy lockbox keys to get my Mobius, my Wells, and my wells uniform (and MU uniform parts for my mobius uniform). I'm still grinding for the temporal warfare set. if you WANT these things, you can do the same thing the rest of us have done and work for them, or purchase the lockboxes for them. Making them hard to get is how they keep them rare.
You can still keep them rare, there are literally hundreds of ways to add lobi to the game other than to make profit from (which could still happen)
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Captain
# 14
03-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabuboria View Post
You can still keep them rare, there are literally hundreds of ways to add lobi to the game other than to make profit from (which could still happen)
But the whole point of Lobi is to make direct profit.

If Cryptic did not want the Lobi to be for profit they could have put the Lobi Store items into a Dilithium Store - a place where sweat or cash can get you the item.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-24-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

If Cryptic did not want the Lobi to be for profit they could have put the Lobi Store items into a Dilithium Store - a place where sweat or cash can get you the item.
Well it's not meant to be direct profit, if it was there would be a lobi pack on the c-store, it's another section of the chance system. just this time you know you are getting the item (800 lobi) in 200 boxes opened (unless you get more than 4 which I never have)

but there are ways to still make profit (more, in most cases) by having other options including in-game ones.
Element CKY Electric

"similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy" - Insert Keith Lemon laugh
Captain
# 16
03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post

they make money selling keys for the boxes, not from the lobi directly. lobi is just one reason to buy the keys, but I actually suspect that most people are buying them for the Jem'Hadar ships. so they could still sell keys, and create separate revenue stream for selling lobi directly