Lieutenant
# 181
03-24-2013, 06:10 PM
RSE , NRE , Tal Shiar , RR ...

Game of Thrones

Last edited by tmassx; 03-24-2013 at 06:13 PM.
Rihannsu
# 182
03-24-2013, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassx View Post

Game of Thrones
lmfao sooo true to
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Captain
# 183
03-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I wanted to play Romulan when this game came out, and quit STO for awhile because of it. So yes having Romulans playable is more important. Other Star Trek games let you play as different factions like Armada or SFC3 why not STO.
Captain
# 184
03-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Other Star Trek games let you play as different factions like Armada or SFC3 why not STO.
I get you're a Romulan fan. But that last comment confused me. STO's had a second faction since launch?
Republic Veteran
# 185
03-24-2013, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassx View Post

Game of Thrones

This is turning into "Romulan Realms", just need a strategy map, and some armies to besiege fortified Starbases, and maybe some arena duels in-between the real fighting, to show off the champions. And possibly some sequence rescuing damsels (with or without long hair) from the other evil domains. The idea is not without merit... Let's see some more sub-factions!

---

Republic Veteran
# 186
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
Looks to me like the Fall of Rome.
Rihannsu
# 187
03-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Again, I will take you back to the Captain Marvel example. Marvel cannot stop DC from using Captain Marvel in their comics because that character does not resemble Marvel's character of the same name, even though they are both superheroes.
This reminds me of something: http://goodcomics.comicbookresources...sed-5th-draft/

Btw, it's NOT short. Hehee... just goes to show you how much room there really is to have the same name but a different enough char to NOT be a copyright violation.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Republic Veteran
# 188
03-24-2013, 09:36 PM
I've been wanting the Romulus faction since launch their ships and personality intrigued me much more then Klingon. While Klingon are mostly hit and miss for me when it comes to interest.
Commander
# 189
03-24-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
Yes, the RSE will be there, as an antagonistic NPC faction, just like it was before. We will be getting a replacement faction that acts and looks nothing like it.
Just as a point to make.... I've been following the Romulan news as much as anybody and we don't really KNOW what they're going to do with the Romulan faction. All we know is that currently there is a hippy commune of Romulans that makes up a large portion of end game, and that they're bringing back Denise Crosby to do some voice acting for the next script.

They could be bringing the RSE in as a fully playable faction with tri-directional PVP and the explanation that they are very much at war with both the KDF and Federation. In fact, it would make end game quite a bit easier to program that way because then Romulans could, paradoxically, do the Romulan Republic reputation grind as a way to vie for influence with the RR splinter group.

Last edited by jermbot; 03-24-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Captain
# 190
03-24-2013, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
GENE Said every crewmember of the Enterprise was an officer
you can not get more canon that that
he was after all effectively God for Trekverse
He also hated the concept of Star Trek VI which was (arguably) one of the best Trek movies.

Where is your god now?

I'm still Romulus_Prime. Joined STO in January 2010.