Empire Veteran
# 11
03-24-2013, 08:03 PM
I just realized what ship he was talking about he saw an Envoy class exploration it has a very odd hull design.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 12
03-24-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by westx211 View Post
I just realized what ship he was talking about he saw an Envoy class exploration it has a very odd hull design.
the envoy has a pretty long engineering section, and the saucer is just thicker than the normal galaxy not bigger in size.
Captain
# 13
03-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22 View Post
not a civvie ship and not a vesta i used to do star trek 3d mesheshes at scifi meshes . com and the saucer was a very wide elipse with a really tall narror neck with short enginerring hull i was looking at it from below its bow. the closest designs i have seen to it was from a modeler who goes by the handle of chris atoml
That sounds very much like a ship that Perpetual designed for the game that had a cobra look to it, I wonder if Cryptic actually put it in the game somewhere.
Rihannsu
# 14
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Oh yeah, Envoy cruisers are really weird looking. A split nacelle pylon, a neck shaped like a cobra hood, and a deflector that is angled strangely.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 15
03-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
That sounds very much like a ship that Perpetual designed for the game that had a cobra look to it, I wonder if Cryptic actually put it in the game somewhere.
It is, if I recall... as space debris.
Captain
# 16
03-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
it's everywhere, look in the Klingon encounters in the sirius sector. they are the small beige ships leaking plasma when you warp in.
Lt. Commander
# 17 reply
03-24-2013, 10:13 PM
yep dadakus rhat is what i saw but it was under power coming my way then it phased out like it was cloaking took 10 to 20 seconds and was gone. and yes i have seen those designs before they were orginally devloped about 8 years ago by a modeler at cscifimeshes .com named chris atolm , but that was the ship i saw i believe it was supposed to be called excaliber

Last edited by proteus22; 03-24-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Captain
# 18
03-24-2013, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by proteus22 View Post
yep dadakus rhat is what i saw but it was under power coming my way then it phased out like it was cloaking took 10 to 20 seconds and was gone. and yes i have seen those designs before they were orginally devloped about 8 years ago by a modeler at cscifimeshes .com named chris atolm , but that was the ship i saw i believe it was supposed to be called excaliber
actually it was seven years ago on july 13th, and made by Ryan Dening and named Excalibur.
good artist, great other works as well including Starbase 32 in alpha centauri.

and John Eaves made pretty much everything else including my favorite, Tahoe class.