Empire Veteran
And not just mindless bags of HP and unavoidable, or nearly so, one-shot kills.

With the Tholians serving as the third version of the 'secondary' bad guys, there's been some rumors of Tholian STFs to go with the Tholian Rep in May. So if there are, I really do hope they are truly challenging and actually provide some real effort and skill to complete.

As it stands now, outside of PvP, the only real challenging PvE things to do is: Hive (space and ground on elite), and No-Win Scenario.

So I really do hope it's worth doing these if they happen, because the game could use some more real challenging stuff to do, especially with all the people coming into the game new, and returning to the game from having quit.

Commander
# 2
03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
Given the current Tholian penchant of spamming target weapons, and the utter lack of immunity to it after being hit by it for players, I predict STFs full of players with permanently disabled weapons with having multiple copies of feedback pulse or gravwell being the only way to complete them.
Empire Veteran
# 3
03-24-2013, 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
Given the current Tholian penchant of spamming target weapons, and the utter lack of immunity to it after being hit by it for players, I predict STFs full of players with permanently disabled weapons with having multiple copies of feedback pulse or gravwell being the only way to complete them.
The lack of immunity is really the worst part since they can chain it.

Really, not having the Leadership trait for KDF in decent amounts, and eventually Romulans as well is gonna make it REALLY annoying to have improved Subsystem Repair on a non-Fed player. (and there's only so many Maraurding BOFFs to go around)

It's easy to get rid of the disable, but only if you have multiple ways of clearing it, and even then, there's still no immunity so they can just hit you with it again.

Survivor of Romulus
# 4
03-25-2013, 12:27 AM
It wouldnt suprise me if they just dumped Tholian marks on all the Nukara Prime stuff then said... "go grind Nukra!".

That said I would like to see more Tholian related stuff. (maybe a Breen and Tholian need to work together o do stuff ? )
Captain
# 5
03-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by talien View Post
Just shout 'Prepare for RAMMING SPEED!' and ram the buggers. Of course, you have to wait till they hurt you enough for that
Career Officer
# 6
03-25-2013, 12:42 AM
I'm not really fond of the idea of more STFs, especially after Cryptic pulled that insane 200 STF number. And Tholians, just makes things just worse since (like said above) are those stupid constant disables they throw out.

Really, the last thing people want right now is more grinding, especially since many people have yet to finish grinding Season 6 and 7 content. So hopefully it's an easier grind than the Reputation grind.
Rihannsu
# 7
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
And not just mindless bags of HP and unavoidable, or nearly so, one-shot kills.

With the Tholians serving as the third version of the 'secondary' bad guys, there's been some rumors of Tholian STFs to go with the Tholian Rep in May. So if there are, I really do hope they are truly challenging and actually provide some real effort and skill to complete.

As it stands now, outside of PvP, the only real challenging PvE things to do is: Hive (space and ground on elite), and No-Win Scenario.

So I really do hope it's worth doing these if they happen, because the game could use some more real challenging stuff to do, especially with all the people coming into the game new, and returning to the game from having quit.
Unlikely.

They cater to the majority who can't do such a thing, not the minority who can, they need to make money and that won't work if a lot of people ragequit over something they can't beat.
Captain
# 8
03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
azurianstar: What 200 STF number?

OP: I doubt it. What the devs often hinted at was "STF-like" content. They consider The Vault a STF from a gameplay perspective for example, to put their comment into context. And gameplay-wise it is. So yes, there will be new Tholian events to grind Tholian marks and hopefully, one or two of them will play like STFs.

BUT

There won't be an Elite version. And that is to me what seperates a STF from a random fleet action. So it will be stupid easy and every 500 DPS pug will be able to complete it by dropping their head on the keyboard. So for STF fans like you and me, it will disappoint.
Captain
# 9
03-25-2013, 05:17 AM
As long as there's a Tholian version of something like ISE that you can still safely PUG...
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
U.S.S. Temporary, Sentinel-class Star Cruiser
Career Officer
# 10
03-25-2013, 05:41 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm sick of this stupid, stupid attitude going around.

No Win and Hive Onslaught are not challenging. They're just zerg rushes.
Zerg rushes are not challenging, they're tedious and irritating.
I do NOT want to play missions where I get bum rushed by a million Tholians. They can either come up with a real challenge (and I don't mean invincible mobs that 1 shot you either) or they can keep it "easy".