Lt. Commander
# 231
10-19-2009, 12:33 AM
Great Video!!!!!! Graphics were amazing. While I will be playing as the Federation I am glad to see that Cryptic will be revive the old Klingons. I hope they do the same for the 3 power races (Ferengi, Cardassian and Romulans) in the alpha quadrant.
Lt. Commander
# 232
10-19-2009, 04:23 AM
I thought the video was great....for the first bit then I was far from impressed. The graphics didn't wow me, a friend of mine also pointed out how huge the phasers were (a fault I can fairly point at BC 1.1 which I love so I'm being fair here). I dismissed STO early on thinking I couldn't and shouldn't pay to play, then I got interested more in the backstory and then wanted to get it when I thought it might be a lifetime sub. Now though I'm wondering if it's really worth it again. BC is the ultimate ST flight sim and had it down to a fine art except for a few flaws but mods have now improved on that and the forthcoming ST Excalibur actually looks like it would trounce STO graphically and it's free. I know STO isn't all about space combat and it has much more to offer but really it far from impresses me and I really want it to impress. Legacy though has reminded me to always keep a weary eye on things and no amount of reviews is going to change my mind. Legacy looked fantastic on paper then we got the end product yet reviews and everyone before hand said how great it was, 'was' being the key word.

By the way, have we actually seen footage or told that the ships can roll or even go backwards? The game footage looked a lot like A2/sfc3 (which I feel was what the developers had in mind much to my disappointment). If it's anything like Legacy/A2/SFC3 where you can't roll (or in the first 2 cases even reverse the darn ship) then sorry but I think I'll avoid STO entirely.

I'll watch the video again but really the combat looked really poor. If the whole game was like the opening then I'd be counting the days but the more I hear the more I'm even more cautious to buy.
Lt. Commander
# 233
10-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Loose terminology. Warbird, bird of prey, chicken of terror, they all depict warhips that have a birdlike posture, so anything that fits the ehm... bill.

Cryptic should be inventive with naming shapes/ships (esp for the numerous unknown races)!
Warshark, battlehulk, starfish carrier, warbeast (living hull/ship like with Sp8472?), harbinger (scout?), ...
Lt. Commander
# 234
10-19-2009, 09:54 AM
.... why the heck does this look familiar ....
Lt. Commander
# 235
10-19-2009, 10:05 AM
i need help i cant message anyone if i could i would of massaged you and i have been waiting for criptic to sort it out for 2 weeks now can you do it please
Lt. Commander
# 236
10-21-2009, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Child
no such thing as a Klingon warbird
Yeah, just to re-iterate... "warbird" is a Rom designation! (Actually so is Bird of Prey, but I've tired of fighting that battle.)

Just use "battlecruiser!"
Lt. Commander
# 237
10-23-2009, 04:39 AM
awesome video. cant wait for the game now
Lt. Commander
When my advanced cloak is finished... Oh yes it's a nice bit shows clean active ships en mass

Taking the old SFC Commodores Imperial Eagles out of storage and having the tailor adjust the beam abit.. for formal Dinning in.. Old Admirals never die they just get recalled to duty.. IF its got a warp core we can fly it. ad point the bow at the heart of the empires enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 239
10-25-2009, 11:27 AM
Great video.
Lt. Commander
# 240
10-27-2009, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mineria
whats with posting these game videos/screenshots only on outside sites? can't this site host them too?
Helps to hit a bigger audience of gamers and target people who might not know about STOL.
Also it always helps to have a well know gaming website to toss a few good reviews there way.

not long now till we all leave star base 12