Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,465
# 81
03-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
It's a vicious cycle. The more you make escorts better, the more people will fly them, the more people will buy them, the less people will fly other ships. For Cryptic to not see this is ludicrous. Time to hire a new business manager!!
Not quite what I was saying. By developing things for the most casual players, making things as easy as possible, boosting everything based on them...when you scale things for not so casual players - you get a lot of what we see in the game.

There are folks that still think that Escorts are too squishy and need to do more damage.

That's the lowest denominator.

Cryptic will continue to boost ships for them.

So when somebody that's not in that particular group, doesn't have that line of thought, well - they tend to be off the charts with what they can do with their Escorts.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,181
# 82
03-25-2013, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
lol you make me laugh, every captain has captain skills and if you want to start setting special rules just for tac toons then your barking up the wrong tree and it WILL NEVER EVER HAPPEN
So my logical conclusion of either nerfing Tacitcal Officers in some way OR boosting all the others in some way make you laugh OK your a biased immature person who don't care about the game balance because anyone who does would have to admit that things are not fine as is and that Tactical officers need a nerf OR others need a boost.

I have officers on both the Federation side and Klingon side with at least 1 character from each career path for those factions and plan on doing the same when Romulans come out. I want them to all be balanced because a better balanced game is a healthier game and a healthier game lasts longer because it is more fun for all and people who have more fun spend more and play more. Unlike you I care about the state of the game and am not biased toward any career path.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,465
# 83
03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
I have officers on both the Federation side and Klingon side with at least 1 character from each career path for those factions and plan on doing the same when Romulans come out. I want them to all be balanced because a better balanced game is a healthier game and a healthier game lasts longer because it is more fun for all and people who have more fun spend more and play more. Unlike you I care about the state of the game and am not biased toward any career path.
So many people do not get this.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 585
# 84
03-25-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
As a Tactical Captain myself, I have noticed the enormous power I have over other Captain's of different classes. Coupled with obviously over-powered vessels such as the JHAS or Fleet Defiant and it becomes a deadly "synergy" of its own.

So lets stop this talk about "re-balancing Engineering and Science" which quite frankly, we all know that Cryptic are just not able to do. They've had 3 years to balance the classes and have failed and proved they are not interested in that.

The most simple solution is to nerf the damage that Tactical Captain's are capable of. Stop Attack Pattern Alpha from interacting with Science Abilities by locking it to "WEAPON DAMAGE ONLY" and nerfing it to 25%. Also Go Down Fighting should also be "WEAPON DAMAGE ONLY" and nerf the durability of Escorts by 15% across to board to become the Glass Cannons that we all know that they should be.

These topics about changing skills etc are really not needed because it just brings us away from the main issues. Tactical has been too powerful for too long and are Cryptic's favorites because they do not know how to do other abilities without making damage ridiculous.
So take the one Captain in STO whose capabilities, whose Captain powers, aren't particularly over or under performing and nerf them.

Cool.

You know what happens next? They're still ideal for for PvE. Tac/Escort would still be tough enough to do the content, it'd still be the optimal setup for speed running anything other than Hive and No Win, it'd still be the most efficient setup for leveling up.

Why?

With two, maybe three, notable exceptions, the mob and encounter design of STO does not contain sufficient complexity to match the capabilities of players outside of the current binary state of "not hurting you meaningfully or you are dead." Until it grows and evolves (hopefully the revamped Crystalline Entity marks the first step in this direction) into something more fluid in line with capabilities of players than the current "kill everything as fast you can and try not to be instagibbed," killing everything as fast as possible will remain the optimal way to play PvE content.

PvP is a whole different ballgame, and if you think "Hi, I'm a Tac in a Bug, I'm going to win now" accurately sums it up, you are sorely mistaken, though it seemed the main thrust of your point was aimed at the PvE performance of the Tac/Escort combo.
If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 225
# 85
03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
[quote=darramouss1;8798131]Judging by your fervour I'd recommend you keep the number of a counselor handy in case they do change it up. Sounds like you might have trouble dealing with things and may hurt yourself.

im not hurt im not the one on here crying I want tacs nerfed, I play all 3 classes and have no problems with any of them, seems you need tacs nerfed to make yourself feel better

Last edited by retrosrages; 03-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,500
# 86
03-25-2013, 09:08 AM
nothing needs to be nerfed. people should just LEARN TO PLAY
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 14,465
# 87
03-25-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
nothing needs to be nerfed. people should just LEARN TO PLAY
How should they play their Engineering Captains?
How should they play their Science Captains?
How should they play their Cruisers?
How should they play their Science Vessels?

If it's a case they need to learn to play, it's obvious that you must know how to play, so share those juicy tidbits for them, eh?

I mean, if you really want them to stop with the threads and it is just a L2P issue...then explain to them what they need to be doing, eh?
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,642
# 88
03-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
im not hurt im not the one oh here crying I want tacs nerfed, I play all 3 classes and have no problems with any of them, seems you need tacs nerfed to make yourself feel better
Crying for tacs to be nerfed? Well, nerfing tacs isn't my main goal. It's balance. Nerfing tacs is just one step on that path.

If you think that the classes are equally balanced then you must be living in a dream world or you PRIMARY ship is an escort. How do I know? In every single thread about balancing the ships it is usually the escort players who seem to think that everything is all as it should be. What surprises me is the fact that there are escort captains in this thread who are stating that escorts are too powerful. To those captains I say thank you for being objective about the game. Objectivity when you have a stronger position is an admirable quality and shows true character.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,986
# 89
03-25-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
How should they play their Engineering Captains?
How should they play their Science Captains?
How should they play their Cruisers?
How should they play their Science Vessels?
It would not surprise me if his definition of learning to play is to pop APA and then sit on the spacebar. If people who have spent months attempting to get viable builds have found that these ships are just too uncompetitive, I would believe them over some one-liner wally.
______________________________________
Remember Me

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 14,336
# 90
03-25-2013, 09:27 AM
I think they really just need to fix the way weapon power drain works. As is Escorts get LESS than the advertised weapon power drain.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:30 PM.