Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 99
# 331
03-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I agree my fleet Tor'kaht is a beast, and even putting beams on it the ships owns. You can really tell the difference between cruisers that are made for war (KDF), and the ones that are made for exploration (FED).
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 925
# 332
03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
After all this new patches and new seasons, beams are still a worthless form of firepower. It doens't matter if you are in PVP or PVE, you only deal minimal damage in comparison to cannons, or torpedos. Its useless against players now because they can heal faster than you can deal damage. Its the opposite affect with the cannons. They deal damage faster than you can heal. With that type of imbalance, it makes most of the ships on the Fed side oppsolete in comparison to KDF and cruisers lacking extra weapon slots, Tac BOFF slots, or cannons oppsolete in comparison to escorts. As a cruiser in a PVP match, all you can do is heal. You can't go 1 on 1 with an escort because he will mop the floor with you. He can deal damage to you with his rappid cannon fire faster than you can heal yourself, yet you can barely scratch his hull with your inefficient beams because cryptic has made things to where escorts can heal themselves just as fast as cruisers. If you are lucky to get his shield down he can turn and burn, leaving you in the dust because his engines are way more powerful than yours. If your ship don't have the higher than LT Tac Boff slots, cannons, carries fighters, or have more than two weapons consoles, then you are just going to be another target magnet for those carriers cannons.
completely agree!

also, someone had the best signature ever!

"STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game."
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,273
# 333
03-25-2013, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
My Tor'kaht is a god in PvE. And does well in PvP too. Comparing my KDF BC to a fed cannon cruiser is like comparing a dinghy to a Battleship. There is no comparison. If it came down to my Tor'kaht vs my Imperial, even my Imperial running cannons (which I would never dishonor her by doing so), my Tor'kaht would win very easily. Even if my Imperial had DHCs it would not be able to utilize them as well as my Tor'kaht. To say nothing of my Odyssey.

But it's a goes without saying when talking about the vast superiority that KDF battlecruisers have over Fed cruisers. It's almost not worth even trying to compare them. KDF battlecruisers are just that much better.
This is pretty much why I tell Federation cruiser captains to fly KDF battlecruisers rather than demanding that Federation cruisers be turned into clones of KDF ones. I'm tired of Feddies taking KDF concepts.

By my reckoning, the KDF have these ship advantages: Battlecloaking+universal boffslot BoPs (which pay a fair bit in stats in order to have these things), battlecruisers, and carriers. The carrier edge has been watered down due to Feddies getting a carrier. The BoP advantage has been watered down by the inclusion of universal boffslots in the most elite ships.

I do not want to see the battlecruiser edge watered down by giving the Feddies a more competitive version of it. Not without the Federation giving up a few of its ship advantages first (such as an actual science ship line, better escorts, and more variety in said escorts). It's a matter of trade-offs, and the Federation hasn't been keeping up its end of the 'trade'.

If the Federation players want to fly a cruiser that will dish out DPS like an escort, they need to stop demanding an unbalanced buff to cruisers and start flying KDF battlecruisers.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,283
# 334
03-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocp001 View Post
Troll troll troll.

Even without a basic understanding of the basic mechanics it is pretty apparent that beams have issues. I suppose you also believe FAW is working as intended too.

Glad you're fine. That makes well only you.
I'm no troll, this isn't the first time I've commented on this thread. My main toon is a tac with BEAM CRUISERS. And the most of PVP I do is personal duels. I may not be in the top teir in PVP but I'm no push over either.

Here's a simple formula for you guys out there. Ship build, Bo skills and you understanding your ship are the keys to victory. and all the whiners out here haven't learned that. With my second toon who is a eng toon and using a Star Cruisers with mk 11 equipment faced off a eng toon in a MVAM Prommie with mk12 weapons and we TIED and I was mainly using beams, him turrets and cannons and I TIED. For cruisers i say have mainly beam arrays, torps and a turrets or two and maybe a dual beam array.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 335
03-25-2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiralq1732 View Post
I'm no troll, this isn't the first time I've commented on this thread. My main toon is a tac with BEAM CRUISERS. And the most of PVP I do is personal duels. I may not be in the top teir in PVP but I'm no push over either.

Here's a simple formula for you guys out there. Ship build, Bo skills and you understanding your ship are the keys to victory. and all the whiners out here haven't learned that. With my second toon who is a eng toon and using a Star Cruisers with mk 11 equipment faced off a eng toon in a MVAM Prommie with mk12 weapons and we TIED and I was mainly using beams, him turrets and cannons and I TIED. For cruisers i say have mainly beam arrays, torps and a turrets or two and maybe a dual beam array.
I can tie a Prometheus with both of my cruisers.

One of them is armed with cannons and turrets; the other is technically unarmed.

You may want to clarify what you mean by a "tie", because there's nothing to be proud of if your cruiser can take it but not hit it.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,754
# 336
03-25-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
I do not want to see the battlecruiser edge watered down by giving the Feddies a more competitive version of it. Not without the Federation giving up a few of its ship advantages first (such as an actual science ship line, better escorts, and more variety in said escorts). It's a matter of trade-offs, and the Federation hasn't been keeping up its end of the 'trade'.
It will be very unfair that a significant portion of the Federation playerbase is getting screwed over because of petty inter-faction jealousy. In a game where balance is very often asked for, if one faction has an "edge" over the other in a certain area (BCs versus cruisers), where the hell is our balance then?
______________________________________
www.srs-fleet.net
U.S.S. Indefatigable

Last edited by smokeybacon90; 03-25-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,400
# 337
03-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
PvPers try to protect against drains and damage thrown by thinking people using skills. Sure, not-moving at all looks strange and very 'un-pvping' but then my shoo is smarter then STO AI so why not?
The AI doesn't need to be smart when it has 1 shot "I Win" abilities.

But since you're all saying what powerful "tanks" Escorts are and how Sci ships or Cruisers aren't needed, why don't you post a video on YouTube of you soloing a Tactical Cube, the B'Gers or the Queen's Diamond on an ESTF with your TAC Escort? Show everyone how you're able to not only survive, but destroy the target without ever maneuvering or moving at all - just sitting motionless while you fire weapons on an ESTF Tac Cube, B'Ger or Queen's diamond target until it blows up. We'd all love to see it.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,124
# 338
03-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 View Post
It will be very unfair that a significant portion of the Federation playerbase is getting screwed over because of petty inter-faction jealousy. In a game where balance is very often asked for, if one faction has an "edge" over the other in a certain area (BCs versus cruisers), where the hell is our balance then?
Its the reverse for raptors and escorts, while a fed cruiser isn't as good as a kdf cruiser, a kdf raptor can't hold up to fed escorts.

Anyone that has seen my eng's cruiser perform in any STF will know this whole thread is total bull.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 339
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
Its the reverse for raptors and escorts, while a fed cruiser isn't as good as a kdf cruiser, a kdf raptor can't hold up to fed escorts.

Anyone that has seen my eng's cruiser perform in any STF will know this whole thread is total bull.
That's nice.

How many puppy souls did it cost you to make a decent Federation cruiser?

Unless of course, you aren't actually talking about a Federation cruiser.

Last edited by eraserfish; 03-25-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,283
# 340
03-25-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
I can tie a Prometheus with both of my cruisers.

One of them is armed with cannons and turrets; the other is technically unarmed.

You may want to clarify what you mean by a "tie", because there's nothing to be proud of if your cruiser can take it but not hit it.
Both had 1 kill and the battle took 45 mins minium and we were hitting eachother and nearly kill eachother then mircale worker.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:04 AM.