Republic Veteran
# 1831
03-25-2013, 10:23 AM
So last night I got involved in a debate about religion (yeah I know, hear me out)

Team Mate Alpha: Go to hell noob

Team Mate Zalpha: I find that offensive. I am a christian and don't believe you should say that

S'ree@Tryulis (me): ... Dont we have Borg to kill guys?

Zalpha: F**k you noob!

S'ree: Thats not particularly christian of you... honestly, guys, lets leave religion out of this and just play?

Alpha: Grow up

It continued from there to the point where I just shut the chat window and carried on, Hive is difficult enough without being distracted by idiots and trolls

I prey to any deity. God, Buddah or Han Solo. Please give me one STF that I just play through happily, without any stupid arguments or quarrels about whose a noob and who isnt or why they are a noob. Can't we all just get along? Won't somebody please think of the children?
THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
Career Officer
# 1832
03-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
That's not 'Truly Sad'.

What's 'Truly Sad' is when you see THREE Armitage all shooting at the same probe and can't kill it.

Now THATS 'Truly Sad' and it happens more often than people think.
Dude, I can blow both yours and his examples out of the water.

I've made an NX build specifically for K.A.S.E. (is it used to be known).
The specifics are here.

I arrived with my super NX, other, seemingly, impressive cruisers appeared beside me, I said hello, and told them that I would do probes on the left side.

Anyway, I was in an elite Khitomer mission, happily blowing away probes without so much as a mistake, and in between probe waves, I would shoot the generators, and battery on my side.

Only one player was periodically chatty. At one point when we BOTH were shooting at the battery on my side, he exclaimed, "Did this guy really bring an NX to KASE?", and I took that in a positive manner, because it seemed he was surprised, not annoyed. I responded positively, with a dash of humor (I can't remember what I said). He responded back (with in team chat the whole time), and said, "Oh no! I'm not bothered by that at all. I'm actually quite impressed." I wrote a smiley, knowing that I had done well, and that I proved I wasn't a troll trying to sabotage random missions.

A little earlier, my impressed team-mate started fighting the cube beside me, I was healing him, (yes, my NX did that lol) - fortunately that bit of healing gave him an edge, when a huge critical hit blew up his ship.
So the cube started draining my shields, I was able to get three of the four probes of the current wave, before there was nothing but bare hull left on my ship. Its obvious what happened then. Fortunately I called on that aforementioned team-mate (who re-spawned earlier than I did) to get the probe(s) that was/were coming through.
I re-spawned about six seconds after him, and went straight for the cube. Surprisingly I was able to distract the cube long enough for him to destroy the next wave of four probes that was coming through. My ship was nearly destroyed again, when he managed to use HE3 on me. We were able to destroy the cube, and then finish off the far-side generator and cube as well. (I had quickly gone over to the far-side to bring in a photonic fleet and a plasma turret, that would distract the cube long enough for him to destroy it.

Aaaaaaanyway, I continued with probes. I look over to the right side, and those seemingly impressive cruisers couldn't handle probes, and were continuously getting blown up. And then it happened. They lost a probe, then another. Fortunately I screamed in all capital letters because NOBODY was working on probes the moment i looked over. They were all near the far-side generators, in the opposite direction of their probe waves.
Finally either someone woke up, and went after them, or they actually had their chat window open and read what I was writing. I'd like the think the latter is more plausible.

So while all of this distress was going on, they finally destroyed the gate, and come to our side, where the two of us were. One dumb dumb, who apparently DIDN'T look at his chat window, didn't see that I said I could handle the probes, which he was continuing to shoot, instead of shooting the gate and not wasting time. I even pm'd him. Nothing. I screamed at him in a PM. nothing. So we lost the optional because those sad, sad little cruisers were wasting time. At which point, my talkative and observant friend, said, "Thank God for w##d, or else I'd be truly pissed right now".
Finally in a pretty much uneventful final fight with Donatra's ship, I and my friend seemed to be doing most of the damage. (No i'm not exaggerating. All my plasma abilities were extremely effective.)
Oh and as a final note, other then that cube that blew me up earlier. I didn't die at all the rest of the mission (not even with the spheres). (My friend also buffed me, which helped a lot). I was even, miraculously, able to tank Donatra's plasma torpedo spread by hitting the even shield distribution button, along with Brace for Impact, and Hazard Emitters. My hull didn't go below 57%)

So in a way, this mission, for me, was truly epic, but very sad at the same time because of the laughable cruisers in the mission).

Last edited by apocalypse2001; 03-25-2013 at 11:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 1833
03-25-2013, 11:28 AM
While not strictly an STF, the following occured earlier today.....

There is a fleet, a task force if you will, that I've flown with on a number of occasions.

They namecheck an interesting early 20th century art movement, and I've always found them to be a good ally.

There are some fleets that, when you see that name over a ship, give you a sense of confidence.

However, today, in Azure Rescue a certain member of said fleet started in on me for the terrible crime of trying to free a scimitar while the tarantula was otherwise engaged.

"Keep doing that and I'll go AFK" was their plaintive cry, "the games not meant to be played like that"

Lo and behold, they did indeed go AFK....leaving the rest of us to try and free as many poor benighted Romulan ships as we could. Which turned out to be a little under the cap for the mission, though not awfully so.

It seems to me that that particular member probably needs to find a new 20th century art movement to emulate. I'd suggest surrealism or possibly dadaism.

They can then impose their own win conditions on group activities, secure in the knowledge that they will merely be attempting to subvert the form in the name of art.
Career Officer
# 1834
03-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
While not strictly an STF, the following occured earlier today.....

There is a fleet, a task force if you will, that I've flown with on a number of occasions.

They namecheck an interesting early 20th century art movement, and I've always found them to be a good ally.

There are some fleets that, when you see that name over a ship, give you a sense of confidence.

However, today, in Azure Rescue a certain member of said fleet started in on me for the terrible crime of trying to free a scimitar while the tarantula was otherwise engaged.

"Keep doing that and I'll go AFK" was their plaintive cry, "the games not meant to be played like that"

Lo and behold, they did indeed go AFK....leaving the rest of us to try and free as many poor benighted Romulan ships as we could. Which turned out to be a little under the cap for the mission, though not awfully so.

It seems to me that that particular member probably needs to find a new 20th century art movement to emulate. I'd suggest surrealism or possibly dadaism.

They can then impose their own win conditions on group activities, secure in the knowledge that they will merely be attempting to subvert the form in the name of art.
maybe they should have named themselves, "The Baroque Squad" because of how ugly their precious ships are.

Actually that's not a bad idea. Somebody should make a fleet named that way, and just use ugly ships which they consider pcrecious.... you know the non-canon vesta; Exeter; federation dreadnought cruiser from that, now defunct alternate-timeline; Karfi, et cetera. And then have an opposite fleet named the Glam Squad lol (i'm finding this truly hilarious. Don't kind me XD
Career Officer
# 1835
03-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
maybe they should have named themselves, "The Baroque Squad" because of how ugly their precious ships are.

Actually that's not a bad idea. Somebody should make a fleet named that way, and just use ugly ships which they consider pcrecious.... you know the non-canon vesta; Exeter; federation dreadnought cruiser from that, now defunct alternate-timeline; Karfi, et cetera. And then have an opposite fleet named the Glam Squad lol (i'm finding this truly hilarious. Don't kind me XD
I like it.

Maybe an all-pink fleet, called the Barbie Task Force

There may be a niche for this kind of thing......and, in PVP, getting pwned by the Barbies could represent a new low.
Career Officer
# 1836
03-25-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
I like it.

There may be a niche for this kind of thing......and, in PVP, getting pwned by the Barbies could represent a new low.
Though it subsequently strikes me that getting pulled up by the Baroques may be even worse, and rather painful.

My 100th post btw, pity me
Career Officer
# 1837
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
I like it.

LMAO....XD

The Barbie Task Force, bringing polaron weapons to the fore!

And yes, we could have a wider group known as the Raindow Fleet (or something along those lines), composed of smaller fleets like the Barbie Squad, et.c.
Career Officer
# 1838
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
There'd have to be a Ken team too......far fewer of them and often completely forgotten about.

Also, very few accessories.

Come to think of it, haven't i just described the Klingons?
Career Officer
# 1839
03-26-2013, 04:45 AM
Ok, you know, I thought I had a couple of pretty bad ones to post about people not keeping with groups, lagging behind, popping in and out etc but this one takes the cake:

I figured that I would run Manus on elite, I don't usually do elite but I know where I stand with manus and i know what I'm doing, so I figured, why not? Well we start and the first bad signs appear right out of the gate; one of my team talks to the officer before the rest have even finished spawning in to the map. I figured, well not everyone plays it the same way and I moved on, waiting to see if it really was as bad as i thought, the answer came to me almost immediately as the same guy (I think) charged into the first room alone, I followed and was stuck defending the crew member by myself as the guy responsible had gone back out of the room. So, I'm standing there with a shocked expression whilst blasting away at borg, get KO'd and the optional is blown.

By the time we get to the doorway of the second room, the whole group (mostly good players) has been wiped out about 5 times, myself included, one guy quit, not helpful. Every time we've gone down in under ten seconds of firing the first shots so we're starting the second room (yet again) and we get curb checked (yet again) in about four seconds (yet again), the respawn timer is already up around 80 seconds and we've only just started, under 5 mins... I'm left with a leaver penalty and no one to choke...

Tell me people, should I laugh or cry because I'm not sure.

Last edited by mushariagain; 03-26-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Captain
# 1840
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
Lol in many infected ground runs, people cross the trigger line without a clue which is especially annoying because I always make sure to tell them about it before we start. What is 10k times more annoying is that they will pass the trigger line everytime 0_0 though, risking optional fail. You would think it's a language problem, but nooooo . Now I know the trigger line is not a absolute rule, especially with a coordinated group, but some of these wannabe trolls should follow them for a chance at an optional. 22 omega points is a lot imho.

It's my fault I shouldn't go in public queues you say? Well find me people who wanna do infected ground anymore, hmm?
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.