Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,720
# 1 3-pack Upgrade Interest Survey
03-25-2013, 01:08 PM
Just a simple question to measure interest in a potential feature.

For those that purchased just one ship that is available as part of a 3-pack (just the Charal instead of the full Andorian set for example), if Cryptic made it so you could go back and pay $25 more to upgrade to the full set instead of having to buy the other ships individually, would you do so?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,813
# 2
03-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Wouldn't that kinda-sorta defeat the purpose of Cryptic having a discount for All Three to begin with?
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,720
# 3
03-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
Wouldn't that kinda-sorta defeat the purpose of Cryptic having a discount for All Three to begin with?
Or make it so you spend $25 to try it out, find you like it, then spend $25 more. Easier to get into than the risk of dropping $50 on something only to find it just annoys you (how many frustrated Bortasqu-set owners out there?).
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 686
# 4
03-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Or make it so you spend $25 to try it out, find you like it, then spend $25 more. Easier to get into than the risk of dropping $50 on something only to find it just annoys you (how many frustrated Bortasqu-set owners out there?).
Do you ever find yourself asking the following question:

"Why can't I test all ship types out on Tribble?"

I find myself asking that very question "allllll" the time as currently the only ship you can test on the test server is the Odyssey pack and the character transfer doesn't copy over zen.

Last edited by projectfrontier; 03-30-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 284
# 5 Good idea
04-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me. Even if it were slightly more (say, $30) to get the other two ships, it would certainly beat dropping another $50 to complete the three-ship set.

With that said, I don't know if there's any mechanism in the C-Store which would allow them to adjust prices based on items you've previously bought.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.
Captain
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 686
# 6
04-06-2013, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bberge1701 View Post
Sounds like a good idea to me. Even if it were slightly more (say, $30) to get the other two ships, it would certainly beat dropping another $50 to complete the three-ship set.

With that said, I don't know if there's any mechanism in the C-Store which would allow them to adjust prices based on items you've previously bought.


There is something in the C-store already. It is a tried and true mechanism.

It is called "Basic Arithmetic."
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 AM.