Captain
# 11
03-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Yup, a 20 level tutorial broken up by the Romulan introduction to the game.

Is a good day to be Klingon.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Didn?t want to waste a new thread on this question:
Is it possible for the average forum user to make a poll?
Career Officer
# 13
03-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Let's try to keep the positive mood in this one, like the OP wished for, shall we?
Thanks... It is a game after all, a common place we all come and try to gather to have fun. If this is not fun, this is not worth spending time/money on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechserpackung View Post
Didn?t want to waste a new thread on this question:
Is it possible for the average forum user to make a poll?
No

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 14
03-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I honestly think that the KDF will be better off with the improvements after 21st of May.
Empire Veteran
# 15
03-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Only time will tell with less than a two month wait, it will come quickly. We have a new movie and a new Star Trek game for the Xbox 360 so it will pass fast even for the most dedicated trek fan.

I am cautious like most here, keeping my hopes low as I'd rather eat my words and be surprised than disappointed like I have so many times.

Here is finally to faction equality. *Raises bloodwine to my fellow warriors*
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 16
03-25-2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Where are the fixes to critical KDF gameplay bugs that for 2 years have plagued the faction? Ah..right.. they NEVER came. However it is important to note the instant the Federation received access to KDF equipment the bugs that were tied to same equipment were magically fixed.

(yes, we are still very bitter of the decloak-for-comms bug. Grow some balls and admit it is a bug not a feature and fix the gdamn thing).

and now, the romulan faction will simply bury the KDF due to all efforts going into them as the soon to be most popular/populous faction. I would like to say that any work that was scheduled for KDF would not happen now.

...but I know it simply was never scheduled in the first place.
Well if Roms and KDF both complain about the cloaking bug, together they will probably make 1/3 to 1/2 of the playerbase. That bug will get fixed at least. There will be some bright side to splitting the Fed fanbase.
Empire Veteran
# 17
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
Well if Roms and KDF both complain about the cloaking bug, together they will probably make 1/3 to 1/2 of the playerbase. That bug will get fixed at least. There will be some bright side to splitting the Fed fanbase.
A lot of Federation only players have admit they play it because there isn't a Romulan faction so the Federation player base I think will loose a lot of their player base to the Romulan faction.

To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction, I play both while I prefer the KDF all I am after is having all factions equal in content and development with no bias on any single faction. More content on the KDF will just bring more players and more money will come out of the faction. While they will never meet the Federation popularity ignoring a portion of your player base and customers isn't a good business strategy. I am hoping PWE and Cryptic have finally realized this. We will find out in May.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 18
03-25-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
A lot of Federation only players have admit they play it because there isn't a Romulan faction so the Federation player base I think will loose a lot of their player base to the Romulan faction.

To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction, I play both while I prefer the KDF all I am after is having all factions equal in content and development with no bias on any single faction. More content on the KDF will just bring more players and more money will come out of the faction. While they will never meet the Federation popularity ignoring a portion of your player base and customers isn't a good business strategy. I am hoping PWE and Cryptic have finally realized this. We will find out in May.
While you are right, some people may have an excuse. Like a science character on KDF side does not have a dedicated sci ship, and a Fed side a dedicated carrier unless you buy zen.

But yeah. Most people I think would try all sides out. With 10 level 50 chars, half of them Fed, half KDF, I can say that both side has its appeals and weaknesses trek wise and gameplay wise.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
03-25-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post

You know, it probably comes down to time & preferences. There are many players that can only spare so much time playing STO to support one char, especially with all the reputation leveling implemented in Season 7. Also there are people that just wan't to play as the Federation captains they saw in the shows and don't overally care about other factions.

But even people that have chars. on both sides, tend to have a primary faction of choice. That would be the faction their main char. is in, the one they like playing with the most. They go through content with that char. first, they level rep. with that char primarily, that char is the first to get new ship/equipment when they have zen supplied, so they grow close to the faction that char. belongs to and care about it's development.
Take me for example, my main is KDF, I have Fed. chars but when I communicate to Cryptic or anyone else on these forums, altough I actually care for STO as a whole, I'm primarily concerned about what goes on with the KDF.

Also, when the Romulan faction hits release there will be a ton of players from both factions swarming it. By the time the summer is over, and the feeling of fresh & new lays down things will probably get back in it's place. Eventually, the Fed. will lose a nice portion of it's player base to the RSE and so will the KDF but to much smaller proportions. Hopefully, having the KDF as a full faction will atract more newcomers that it had so far, so it will fill that hole and maybe increase a bit. Finally the game will end up with increased balance and although the Fed. will be the dominant faction it would't go as far as the suposed 85% it has now.
Empire Veteran
# 20
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
While you are right, some people may have an excuse. Like a science character on KDF side does not have a dedicated sci ship, and a Fed side a dedicated carrier unless you buy zen.
Yes that is a good point. I hope they fix this with the expansion, while the carrier I don't see as a huge issue, probably my own opinion of not fitting in with my play style I do think the lack of a free science vessel on the KDF is a huge blow to science Captains. My KDF science officer uses the 1000 Day Vet Destroyer due to the lack of a proper science ship. She is also my most under developer character for both factions due to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
But yeah. Most people I think would try all sides out. With 10 level 50 chars, half of them Fed, half KDF, I can say that both side has its appeals and weaknesses trek wise and gameplay wise.
I agree and I feel playing both sides really gives you a good feel of this game, restricting yourself to one side is like trying to walk with one leg. Each to their own I guess.

Quote:
You know, it probably comes down to time & preferences. There are many players that can only spare so much time playing STO to support one char, especially with all the reputation leveling implemented in Season 7. Also there are people that just wan't to play as the Federation captains they saw in the shows and don't overally care about other factions.
I agree, the rep system really has made it hard to roll multiple characters, fleet ships also have made this overall expensive if you want to get the most out of your character. I myself have actually been in the process of removing older characters as I no longer use them, all of these are pre-season 6. I am cutting back to 3 Fed (lvl 50) and 4 KDF (lvl 50). Reason I have four KDF is my second character while done wrong I can't delete, I don't have the heart and hoping a re-trait token will appear sometime down the road so I can fix him.

Quote:
But even people that have chars. on both sides, tend to have a primary faction of choice. That would be the faction their main char. is in, the one they like playing with the most. They go through content with that char. first, they level rep. with that char primarily, that char is the first to get new ship/equipment when they have zen supplied, so they grow close to the faction that char. belongs to and care about it's development.
Take me for example, my main is KDF, I have Fed. chars but when I communicate to Cryptic or anyone else on these forums, altough I actually care for STO as a whole, I'm primarily concerned about what goes on with the KDF.
I totally agree. I am the same as my main is a KDF. I am rather fond of my Fed main as she is done very well IMO and has a Lockbox ship on her. My KDF does too and he is done very well just set up to play differently.

Quote:
Also, when the Romulan faction hits release there will be a ton of players from both factions swarming it. By the time the summer is over, and the feeling of fresh & new lays down things will probably get back in it's place. Eventually, the Fed. will lose a nice portion of it's player base to the RSE and so will the KDF but to much smaller proportions. Hopefully, having the KDF as a full faction will atract more newcomers that it had so far, so it will fill that hole and maybe increase a bit. Finally the game will end up with increased balance and although the Fed. will be the dominant faction it would't go as far as the suposed 85% it has now.
Yes I am predicting (hoping too) the end result will be something like:
Fed - 40-50%
KDF and Romulan - 50-60% (25-30% each)
Quote:
Quote: