Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Ensign
# 11
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
[quote=valoreah;8807551]Orion women can, yes. That's canon to Trek. You didn't see Dr. Crusher, Troi, Janeway, Seven of Nine, T'Pol, Hoshi Sato, Ro Lauren, Tasha Yar etc. walking about the ship in a bikini every week, did you?

Eh, not every week, i'm not trying to be offensive to you. They did wear swimsuits and were even shirtless in the show. The mirror universe showed a lot of skin. I didn't say you had to wear them walking around on the ship Obviously you would wear them for recreational like holodeck or vacationing. Could even just have it so you have swim trunks and a white tank top or T-shirt. Maybe make it a holoemitter you could wear. Just would make the game more fun is all
Captain
# 12
03-25-2013, 07:51 PM
I would love a hood even more, like the vulcan monks have. It could go with off duty robes, and its already in game.
Career Officer
# 13
03-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
I would love a hood even more, like the vulcan monks have. It could go with off duty robes, and its already in game.
I think the hoods would be great.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Career Officer
# 14
03-25-2013, 09:05 PM
I'd love a set of Risa-only swimwear for a summer event or something. Just as long as it was limited to the planet.
Career Officer
# 15
03-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Too bad we aren't allowed to Mod the game a little bit...

I'm sure that somebody would have already made a 'client-side' swimsuit outfit available.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-25-2013, 09:17 PM
Costumes are organized by the type of costume they are (uniform, off duty, formal, MACO, Omega, etc.) which means it is possible to restrict what type of costumes players can wear in certain environments. If they create a new "swimwear" category, they can program it in so that you cannot choose costumes of the "swimwear" category while inside public areas such as ESD. If someone already has a "swimwear" costume on, then they can program it in so that the player automatically switches to the costume in their first slot, which must be a uniform costume anyway.
Captain
# 17
03-25-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancemeszaros View Post
Costumes are organized by the type of costume they are (uniform, off duty, formal, MACO, Omega, etc.) which means it is possible to restrict what type of costumes players can wear in certain environments. If they create a new "swimwear" category, they can program it in so that you cannot choose costumes of the "swimwear" category while inside public areas such as ESD. If someone already has a "swimwear" costume on, then they can program it in so that the player automatically switches to the costume in their first slot, which must be a uniform costume anyway.
Yes, they could totally do that. But it is easier said then done. it is going to take alot of coding to not only make a new "Swimwear" category, but have it restricted so that it only is available to Risa. And currently the later part is not in the game. There is no costume option that is restricted at this time. So you have to make up a whole new set of codes. That is what I meant when I said they don't have the tech. The coding to restrict Costumes is not in the game. it needs to be put there.

Now can they do this. In some part, I would argue yes. They did something similar with the Winter Event, where the snow guns were ineffective outside of the Winter area. But that was not a costume, and the weapon visuals were still there, they just didn't fire.

Now it is entirely possible that part of the Winter Wonderland was to test a way to restrict costume options so that at a later date they could do something like a swimwear option. There has certainly been some talk about a possible summer event.

But as to why swimwear isn't currently in the game, the reality is there are limitations from CBS and my guess is the amount of work required to overcome those limitations is not currently seen as worth the resources.
Career Officer
# 18
03-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just program it with an ON/OFF value?

That way the players can just check a box in options and either enjoy or ignore it.

(I'm not a programmer so I don't really know if this is easy or not)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 19
03-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
oh sure. then we can have Vulcan Crips running around living the thug life.
Captain
# 20
03-29-2013, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
oh sure. then we can have Vulcan Crips running around living the thug life.

The vulcan monk maffia is back again? We are doomed, I tell you, doooomed!
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.