Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Starfleet Veteran
I want to have an objective on my Story line be linked with the completion of a pop-up dialog on a certain map.

So I start like this:

(1) (Story) Player enters map.
(2) (Story) Player interacts with an object.
(3) (Map) When: Component Complete of (2) fires, then start a Pop-Up Dialog.

What I really want to do is:

(4) (Story) When: Component Complete of (3) fires, then exit the Map and go to a different Map.

This sounds simple but it's not possible. So I tried a different approach:

(4) (Map) When: Component Complete of (3) fires, a hidden "Invisible Object" becomes visible.
(5) (Story) When: Component Complete of (4) fires, then start a Pop-Up Dialog in the Story line.
(6) (Story) Go to the next map.

This is also not possible however, because oddly, even though I first set the Invisible Object to become visible based on the Component Complete of the Map's Pop-up Dialog in (3), later when I added the Component Complete of the Invisible Object to the requirements for the Pop-Up Dialog in the storyline in step (5), the Invisible Object's state transition condition resets to "Immediately" and the option to specify a "Component Complete" as an option is no longer visible! WTH?!

So... how exactly do you make something in your story dependent upon the completion of a component that's in your map, if the option is hidden?! I'm becoming very frustrated with this... please help thanks.