Career Officer
# 1 Star Trek Voyager
03-25-2013, 10:54 AM
I have so far watched every episode of every Star Trek show including the animated show. The only exception is Voyager. I am right in the middle of season 4. I want to say that Voyager is by far my favorite Star Trek show. DS9 comes second for me then TNG, Enterprise and TOS after that. I am writing this here because I remember in the past I have noticed alot or just a good amount of people criticize Voyager and Captain Janeway. Will Weaton even made a negative comment about her character on a past Talking Dead episode he was on. I honestly don't know why. With Species 4782, The Borg, and dealing with the emergeance of 7 of 9's human side Janeway is amazing and so is the show. Not since DS9 and Sisko dealing with the wraiths and Gul Dukat have I ever felt more excited. I can't wait to finish the show because I actually cheated on Netflix and skimmed through the last one and saw the borg and an old Janeway. I have never seen past 7 of 9's first appearance or two so if anyone responds please no spoilers.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-25-2013, 11:02 AM
I recently just finished watching Voyager and DS9 for the first time. At first I thought that both were going to be boring. Voyager was awesome, the only episode that dragged for me was the first one with the Caretaker. DS9, I always thought it would be boring mainly because everything takes place on a space station, but I ended up enjoying it alot.
Captain
# 3
03-25-2013, 04:01 PM
Out of DS9 and Voyager having seen finally both of them all the way through without forgetting..

DS9 I enjoy more.. Less iratating moments in DS9 than Voyager as they had potnetial but never did all that much to it.. Kim nothing happened with him aside from dying... Tom got a little annoying, but I could go on.. Neelix I honestly did not hate him.. I hated Kes. Like I hated Wesley Crusher
Republic Veteran
# 4
03-25-2013, 04:12 PM
At least Kim got some, unlike Geordi.
Lieutenant
# 5
03-25-2013, 04:37 PM
I like the voyager series the most. They are just trying to get home. Enterprise is great too, because we discover new world.
And i hate DS9. The space, species are good, but the federation there is really bad. They still talk about peace, democracy and everything good, but they do everything to overpower others. Hypocrites, dissemblers. Other fractions are often more "good" than federation there and so you can see how scenarists are just forcing them to be bad (and they are not good at it, it happens to be so obvious), like hortas or guls. And Sisko is bigheaded blockhead without any heart. He will lie, cheat and use force to get rid of ppl who don't agree with him or make them obey. And scenarists still "talk" about him as he was great. It is nonsense.
Career Officer
# 6
03-25-2013, 04:41 PM
I couldn't stand Kes either. By far my least favorite on the show. I only really got interested in her when she left and 7 took her place. And I will forget I read that someone dies. What the heck, I asked for no spoilers.
Career Officer
# 7
03-25-2013, 05:04 PM
Hey I have some bootleg copies of "The lone gunmen" I've been trying to give away for the last 10 years.Any of you "Voyager rules" fans want them? It was sooo much better than the Xfiles...
300 seconds and counting.
Ensign
# 8
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM
I love Janeway. She's my favorite villain.

Hey I get it some people like Voyager but I rarely do. They never took any risks and always with the magic reset button. You look at the best episode of the series, Scorpion and the reason it works is because it was what the show was suppose to be about in the first place, stranded on the other side of the galaxy with two crews fused together but with friction suppose to be between them because of fundamentally different ideologies. And thats almost never a factor. It got so side lined that the only way they could explore the conflict between Marquis and Starfleet was through Tuvoks fan fiction. DS9 did more with the Marquis and the Marquis wasn't even envisioned as been a part of DS9, they were specifically created for Voyager.
I don't hate Voyager by any means. I'm just disappointed in it. It could of been SO much better than what it was but it never lived up to it's potential. Although I'm not sure I can ever completely forgive them for Neelix.

Hey at least it isn't Enterprise. The show were our "hero" committed genocide and then tried to act like it was the "moral" thing to do. oh and he's racist too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaeply View Post
snip
I just think you couldn't be more wrong. But since I don't think English is your first language I'll keep it simple, While Sisko is a flawed man at least he feels bad when he's forced to do bad things. I agree that show is dark but thats the point, its a show about frontier life and later all out war. Not all the problems are solved.

Also I don't think Sisko ever lied, cheated or used force to get rid of people who disagreed with him. Except in "In the pale moonlight" but that was to get the Romulans into the war and is just another form of the idea of the path to hell been paved with good intentions.

Hey I might as well also do a plug for SFdebris. Great reviewer of Trek and science fiction in general. Far more eloquent and open mined in how he makes his points then I am. http://www.sfdebris.com/
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
03-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Nice to know im not the only one who preferred Voyager
Career Officer
# 10
03-25-2013, 06:21 PM
I think each series has its place. I didnt like most of TNG, they were too snobby,they didnt seem to get dirty, but there were a few episodes that were good stories. DS9 I really tried to get into but it didnt click for me, but as a trek fan there were a few good episodes. Voyager I watched every episode a few times and liked it. Being more of an action fan i didnt like the holodeck episodes(didnt spoil it!) and since i cant spoil any more there were a few other themed episodes i didnt like. But I liked 90% of series. Enterprise I liked the best of them all. I know many didnt like Archer but he was on his own out there making the best of what he had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trimenranger1 View Post
the freighter can't even fight a cold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
Yes it can, medical supplies and antigens are sold on-board cheaply.