Captain
# 191
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulfrustriple View Post
Are we are getting into the "dark shot zone" when the fix might start to show up on Tribble or be discussed further?
We're in Crystalline Time...Romulan Time... Spring Time. Though it's snowing.

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Career Officer
# 192
03-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Your forgot..., Daylight Savings Time.

(for Some of us)
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 193
03-25-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The bug we're fixing does not affect all powers, but we're still taking inventory on exactly how many it does affect.

In short, the type of power affected is of a type we call, internally, "Applied Powers." This refers to a situation where one entity tells another entity to do something, instead of doing it themself. This is usually done to circumvent targeting limitations: Every power can only have a single primary target type, and a single affected target type. If we need one step of an ability to target one thing, then the next to target something else, part of that power needs to be Applied.

In the case of Fire at Will, the Applied portion is in target selection. When you activate a Fire at Will attack, it is a self-targeting Cone-based AOE that can potentially hit everything within your weapon's firing arc. But in order to correctly limit its targets, and to play the point-to-point beam FX, it first forces everything within that firing arc to do something: Find me up to two valid targets. The chosen targets are forced to communicate back to the FAW-user that they are the ones that will be shot, which allows the shots to then fire.

Unfortunately, it was recently discovered that Applied Powers do not pass off enhancements that aren't inherent to the character. So, skill-based bonuses were passed through the combat evaluation process just fine, but anything that lived on a piece of equipment was not (unless it was applied to the character, instead of the item). This almost exclusively translates to Weapon Enhancements, but a few other abilities (Doff enhancements, e.g.) may have been affected in this manner as well.

The Applied functionality is also why we sometimes see strange power behavior when certain powers combine with one another, such as DEM + Point Defense System. I can't recall if this bug was fixed, but it used to be that firing these two in conjunction would actually deal the DEM damage to yourself. The cause of this was a disagreement between two Applied powers, both overriding different targeting parameters within the overall combat evaluation. It can get very complicated.

I wonder if this is whats causing boarding party to be insanely powerful?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 194
03-25-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
I wonder if this is whats causing boarding party to be insanely powerful?
Is BP really any more powerful then it used to be ?

I seem to remember BP always was powerful... it was just next to impossible to land.

Its still cleared by tac team.

I hear some of its effects last past respawn... frankly if that's all everyone is complaining about I still don't see the issue.

Tac team yourself. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Empire Veteran
# 195
03-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Well, i would consider cooldown times of over 1 hour that persists across respawns to be extremely powerfull/broken

-= ISE: 12:19 -=- CSE 12:41 -=- KASE 11:59 -=- HSe 8:06 total =-
-= KAGE 5:43 =-
[7:07] [Combat (Self)] Your Dual Disruptor Banks - Overload II deals 123086 (41096) Disruptor Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Empire Veteran
# 196
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
i wonder how QA is progressing with FAW, and the other undisclosed buged skills.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 197
03-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Is BP really any more powerful then it used to be ?

I seem to remember BP always was powerful... it was just next to impossible to land.

Its still cleared by tac team.

I hear some of its effects last past respawn... frankly if that's all everyone is complaining about I still don't see the issue.

Tac team yourself. lol
the problem i all it takes is ONE shuttle to land and the dominio effect starts.

it adds cooldown to your weapons so you cant shoot down incomming shuttles, any other power you have has a chance to go onto a cooldown too.

tac team stops more time from being added but it doesnt reverse the time thats already been added.
Quote:
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 198
03-25-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
the problem i all it takes is ONE shuttle to land and the dominio effect starts.

it adds cooldown to your weapons so you cant shoot down incomming shuttles, any other power you have has a chance to go onto a cooldown too.

tac team stops more time from being added but it doesnt reverse the time thats already been added.
Honestly... out side of the effects lasting past resapwn I don't see the problem.

Its a commander level skill to screw you over that hard... don't let the first one land.

I find it funny that every one seems to be wining about a skill we used to a laugh about.

Fix the lasts past death thing and I don't see the issue.

Yes it effects weapon timing which is annoying but so does subnuke... and I think the stupid SS doffs do that now to. (at least if you run torps).

Or wait I know how to protect aginst BP... run GW.... lol I know it doesn't pull so it sucks right.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.

Last edited by antoniosalieri; 03-25-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Captain
# 199
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Honestly... out side of the effects lasting past resapwn I don't see the problem.

Its a commander level skill to screw you over that hard... don't let the first one land.

I find it funny that every one seems to be wining about a skill we used to a laugh about.

Fix the lasts past death thing and I don't see the issue.

Yes it effects weapon timing which is annoying but so does subnuke... and I think the stupid SS doffs do that now to. (at least if you run torps).

Or wait I know how to protect aginst BP... run GW.... lol I know it doesn't pull so it sucks right.
It can happen with any of the boarding parties, they all have ability cooldown.

All I'm wondering with my original post was if the weapons being cooldown were an unintended side effect of the general power cooldown.

All I think that would need to be done to fix boarding parties if that is intended is have tac team reversed the extra cooldown time added.

When you clear snb the timers go back to what they were before, so why shouldn't boarding parties?
Quote:
Do you even Science Bro?
Empire Veteran
# 200
03-25-2013, 04:54 PM
when BP lands, you have about 1 second before it does... something, per shuttle. 1 of those things can be adding cooldowns to weapons and abilities. think most i have seen is 7 minutes on stuff, pretty insane. these cooldowns linger after death, if your weapons are offline for 7 minutes, it will be 7 minutes before you fire again, no mater what. but, since TT is immunity from them for 10 seconds, and they can be shot down, its nearly impossible to get them to land and have an effect. proboly the most critical success/critical failure thing in the game.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus