Lieutenant
# 1 Dreadnought Cruiser
03-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Anyone know if in the May update, it the Dreadnought will have saucer separation?
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)
Empire Veteran
# 2
03-24-2013, 06:39 PM
They said it would have saucer separation before the may update so idk.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Lieutenant
# 3
03-24-2013, 06:41 PM
Because it makes sense for a saucer to separate from the hull when a spinal phaser lance is joining the two together right?

That ship needs more than a saucer Sep. It need lt com tac boff and a 4th tac console as well not to mention at least a 7 base turn rate.
Lieutenant
# 4
03-24-2013, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transam83 View Post
Because it makes sense for a saucer to separate from the hull when a spinal phaser lance is joining the two together right?

That ship needs more than a saucer Sep. It need lt com tac boff and a 4th tac console as well
Yea I agree since in STNG with one phaser hit it burned through the Klingon ship.
U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC 1701-Z
Malivistitisa Class (39-century Federation Class)
Empire Veteran
# 5
03-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson2014 View Post
Yea I agree since in STNG with one phaser hit it burned through the Klingon ship.
It was like that originally but of course people started crying out for the nerf cannon cause they didn't like its awesome power.
The Emperor

Do not presume to have the capability to understand me for you see, I simply am.
Captain
# 6
03-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Quote:

That ship needs more than a saucer Sep. It need lt com tac boff and a 4th tac console as well not to mention at least a 7 base turn rate.
the barrel disengages from the firing chamber. makes sense was always suppose to if you noticed the ribbed detail on lance of the model that detailing was a retractable coupling for the separation
Lieutenant
# 7
03-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpgtx View Post
the barrel disengages from the firing chamber. makes sense was always suppose to if you noticed the ribbed detail on lance of the model that detailing was a retractable coupling for the separation
AH, thanks for that info. However, I still believe it needs more than just a saucer sep to be a viable "battleship" cruiser again.
Lieutenant
# 8
03-25-2013, 03:48 PM
The only major issue I could see in integrating the saucer sep into the galaxy x, is that the power systems running to the lance weapon could run through the sections of the ship that would be disconnected during the seperation sequence, so fesability on that isn't very good to say the least. But a better turn rate addition and another tac console would be sweet. My odyssey tac is pretty slow to maneuver, and these beasts are too.
Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
Captain
# 9
03-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Quote:
AH, thanks for that info. However, I still believe it needs more than just a saucer sep to be a viable "battleship" cruiser again.
Well there's the supposed upcoming fleet dreadnought, which could have more useful boff stations.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Republic Veteran
# 10
03-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Considering the current Gal-X has only 8 consoles (the fleet standard is 10), there is plenty of room for improvement.