Empire Veteran
# 81
03-25-2013, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Other than their massive size, the STO Gorn look more or less like the ones we saw on TOS and Enterprise.
The appearance of the Gorn in STO is the only thing I like about them, Cryptic did good on that one. It seems writers and developers these days think the Gorn should be blood thirsty dinosaurs, other than being a peaceful but territorial species they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 82
03-25-2013, 07:22 PM
The revamp of the Gorn was one of the best things they did, before they looked like a dinosaur sized human pretty much and were not exactly something that would pose much of a challenge to a human.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Empire Veteran
# 83
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipagat View Post
The revamp of the Gorn was one of the best things they did, before they looked like a dinosaur sized human pretty much and were not exactly something that would pose much of a challenge to a human.
I do think the Gorn are a tad too big, but it's something I can easily ignore. I do agree the older Gorn are too small and frail. Perhaps the Gorn grow backwards, the older they get the smaller they become.
Quote:
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Empire Veteran
# 84
03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Maybe the really big ones are just the females in disguise ;p After all they are supposed to be even bigger than the males by quite a margin.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Republic Veteran
# 85 +10
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well they already do NOT look like Gorn, so why not go all he way?
I laughed at this! I totally agree that they are no longer Gorn. TOS = true Gorn and always will!!!
Cross at the center of M51--The Whirlpool Galaxy
Noah Bartholomew Jothan,
Member of the "Christian Fleet Alliance"
Proclaimers of The Way, The Truth, and The Life
John 14:6
Career Officer
# 86
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I do think the Gorn are a tad too big, but it's something I can easily ignore. I do agree the older Gorn are too small and frail. Perhaps the Gorn grow backwards, the older they get the smaller they become.
Actually, the TOS Gorn were supposed to be anything but small and frail. They were supposed to be cold blooded and slow, but extremely muscular and very strong.
Empire Veteran
# 87
03-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Actually, the TOS Gorn were supposed to be anything but small and frail. They were supposed to be cold blooded and slow, but extremely muscular and very strong.
I mean the older STO Gorn not the TOS Gorn.

Lol STO and TOS have the same letters just mixed up.

Maths time, TOS carry the S and that equals STO
Quote:
Quote:
Empire Veteran
# 88
03-25-2013, 09:49 PM
The way I see it the gorn are like the locust. All sorts of different varieties but their females are monters compared to the normal ones. Female locust are known as berzerkers if you didn't know.
The Emperor

Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose... against statistically long odds.
Survivor of Romulus
# 89
03-25-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Well they already do NOT look like Gorn, so why not go all he way?
well..now we know where the Raptors went..they weren't nuked by a massive asteroid...they went back to their homeworld and evolved.....very very very slowly lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 90
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird001 View Post
Look at these bad-bois!

http://www.startrek.com/article/happy-gorn-day-yall

Enough said why this game isn't doing so well...
I've said this before...

While I'm not what one would call a Trek Purist by any means...

The Gorn in that new game don't appeal to me at all.

Too Different and too Dinosaur looking.

I'm not crazy about the 'Nu-Godzilla' look that we currently have in STO, but I'd take it over the 'Veloci-Gorn'-look being introduced in that game any day.

I probably won't be playing it unless I find it in the $9.00 dollar bin at Wally-World at some point.
DaveyNY - STO Forum Minion since February - 2009
................Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just Minions who have Played the Game for the last 4.75 years.