Captain
# 21
03-25-2013, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alopen View Post
Well if Roms and KDF both complain about the cloaking bug, together they will probably make 1/3 to 1/2 of the playerbase. That bug will get fixed at least. There will be some bright side to splitting the Fed fanbase.
Together they will total about 20% of the playerbase.

Thing is, the cloaking bug affects all the fed ships that cloak. And affects Mask Energy Signature.

It hasn't been fixed to date. And has affected potentially 100% of the population.

The only reason I see the bug can get fixed is, there's a chance that they're going to be working on all kinds of code since they're making a 1 to 50 levelling experience for the new faction, a faction that will have cloaks. So finally someone might actually be in that particular area of the code.

But there's a much better chance they'll just break something new about cloaks instead.
Captain
# 22
03-25-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
A lot of Federation only players have admit they play it because there isn't a Romulan faction so the Federation player base I think will loose a lot of their player base to the Romulan faction.
To paraphrase DStahl, no matter how mahy times you read that on the forums ... that's a very small fraction of the actual players.

Quote:
To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction,
Most people don't. But Cryptic's metrics say otherwise. The 80% Fed figure is not going to change.
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
03-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
Most people don't. But Cryptic's metrics say otherwise. The 80% Fed figure is not going to change.
Actually, if the KDF completion and the new Romulan faction are done properly, I can see it falling down in the range of 60-65%.
Yes, the Federation has absolutely the largest number of fans, but even now that number wouldn't be as high as it is if people had a choice availible rather than the obligatory start as a Fed.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Career Officer
# 24
03-26-2013, 03:43 AM
Only the future will tell really... I still have the descent amount of hope that all 3 factions will be somewhat balanced, not necessarily equal, but balanced. Over time numbers may fluctuate with Fed still leading, which is to be expected given the nature of the IP. However, it may take some time to show change, it's like trying to change the course of a tanker, it's slow...

I only hope that the TREND of the number change will be enough and in favor of KDF (and Rom) for PWE to see the need to keep supporting all of their factions.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Captain
# 25
03-26-2013, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Actually, if the KDF completion and the new Romulan faction are done properly, I can see it falling down in the range of 60-65%.
Yes, the Federation has absolutely the largest number of fans, but even now that number wouldn't be as high as it is if people had a choice availible rather than the obligatory start as a Fed.
Cryptic's number isn't going to change. It hasn't changed since they started telling us about their metrics.

What should change is how much you believe their figures.
Survivor of Remus
# 26
03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
All we can do is wait and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
No end game additions for KDF is the sole indicator that Cryptic just doesn't care about KDF no matter how much they promise and state they do. Words mean nothing, actions do. So far their actions prove only that they don't.
I would assume that Feature Episodes and Tholian Task Force Reputation are going to be open to kdf as well, so that is some endgame content. Also, fed (and KDF) might get access to the episodes surrounding the evil robot squid invasion. Or they may be similar to the Fel'khri episodes and be Rommie specific.

And there is going to be SOME change to pvp, though not necessarily for the better, in order to have a tripartide system.

Everyone complains, but the best possible thing that can happen to this game is more people joining. Period.
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
Sure, every faction will have access to the end-game content that is being added. Now if they could only fill out some gaps they left in the system, like making Starbase 24 opposite for the KDF and something similar for the Rommies as well, would be even better.

I don't get the complaints about the end-game content, that's being added on regular basis and it would be expected to be faction generic so every faction would have access to it, unless they're making a u-turn in their development policies. So, the lvl 50 chars. will have stuff to do as always, and filling up the lower level gap was much needed in this game and I wholeheartedly wellcome it.

And I wish the "evil robot squids" to turn out to be Hur'q, so we could have proper involvment for the KDF. The Empire owes the Hur'q a disruptor blast to the face for a long time now. And at the end of the Fek'Ihri story arc, the readings that your science officer takes from the Fek'Ihr, turn out to have the same pattern as the Hur'q. I would love it if we could pick up from there and face them in the next FEs. They need not be KDF exclusive, but faction generic - it will still be a nice follow up to the Fek'Ihr episodes.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 28
03-26-2013, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Sure, every faction will have access to the end-game content that is being added. Now if they could only fill out some gaps they left in the system, like making Starbase 24 opposite for the KDF and something similar for the Rommies as well, would be even better.

I don't get the complaints about the end-game content, that's being added on regular basis and it would be expected to be faction generic so every faction would have access to it, unless they're making a u-turn in their development policies. So, the lvl 50 chars. will have stuff to do as always, and filling up the lower level gap was much needed in this game and I wholeheartedly wellcome it.
I agree, end-game is always being developed. The next season will have more end-game as will the season after it. I am looking forward to the KDF early level content, and I won't see why one can't play it with their level 50 characters.

Quote:
And I wish the "evil robot squids" to turn out to be Hur'q, so we could have proper involvment for the KDF. The Empire owes the Hur'q a disruptor blast to the face for a long time now. And at the end of the Fek'Ihri story arc, the readings that your science officer takes from the Fek'Ihr, turn out to have the same pattern as the Hur'q. I would love it if we could pick up from there and face them in the next FEs. They need not be KDF exclusive, but faction generic - it will still be a nice follow up to the Fek'Ihr episodes.
I hope any Fek'Lhri and Hur'Q content will be KDF exclusive, there still needs to be a reason to play the KDF, same with the Fed and Romulans, they must have unique campaigns as well. I am for unique missions and campaign for all three factions, otherwise a lot of people won't bother with the other factions as it will all be the same just in a different colour.

They have already made nearly every console in this game cross-faction at least they could keep the campaigns unique to the faction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Career Officer
# 29
03-26-2013, 02:59 PM
So much anxiety about what we do not have, either have not had, will not have, or do not have yet.

I'm too focused on what I have now, and what I have to do today, to waste this much time on what I have not gotten yet, worry about what I will not get, or gnash my teeth about what I should have gotten.

All the time I could spend on that, I'd rather spend on life, work, and sleep (in varying degrees).

I'll worry about what's coming or not when it comes. For now, my game time is focused on serving the Fleet and finishing my Omega gear without grinding too much.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 03-26-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-26-2013, 04:06 PM
I personally have a good feeling about the upcoming season/update. It may not meet my or a lot of others expectations since we are all unique individuals and have different likes/dislikes. And it maybe true that we get sub-par missions from lvls 1-25. All we have to go on is what missions we have received in the past and those have been exceptional (Alpha for example). But being able to start as a Klingon at lvl 1 is a victory in my book and a big bonus to the KDF. Some say that the start at lvl 1 could be another renege but I seriously doubt they would post it on the web page if it wasn't in the plans. Sure we've been told before things were going to happen then didn't but we've never had a visual representation of their word before, or at least not that I can remember.

A lot of folks are worried too about the effect the Romulan faction will have on the KDF, the possibility of shrinking our numbers even more. But most folks I know who play the KDF are there because they like being there. These folks are intensly loyal to the red side, they'd have to be to stick it out throught the years of content drought so while they may make a Romulan toon I doubt they will setup shop over there. On the other had you have hords of Fed players who have been clamoring for a Romulan faction for a long time, most of those who want a Romulan faction seem to be from that side. The dissolution of the Fed side is a good thing since if there numbers drop down to where they aren't the biggest faction then they will no longer be able to dictate which direction the game goes. If that happens the tears of frustration and rage will be epic.

Also before launch and for awhile afterwards the STO webpage had several factions in addition to the KDF and Feds that would become playable at some point in time. If I remember right it had the Cardassians, Dominion, Ferengi, Romulans, and I believe the Borg listed. So I believe at the begining Cryptic intended to have more than one faction but for reasons I won't go into here didn't happen, or at least not happen right away. So that is something to consider.

So my advise is to go ahead and be hopeful but cautious as well.

Last edited by magnumstar; 03-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.