Lt. Commander
# 1 stacking consoles
03-25-2013, 10:35 AM
what tactical and engineering consoles stack to get a better benefit from them?

Thanks.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
All non-unique consoles stack. Nearly all do so linearly from a weapon or skill's base stats - if you have 1000 base dps on a weapon (before skills or passives are accounted for), every 10% console will give you 100 dps, whether you have one or five.

The exception are all armor consoles. They do have diminishing returns such that the effective HP is mostly linear, up to a point.

Hopefully I can get this one in the thread before some of the silly misconceptions like "percents diminish flat values don't."
Career Officer
# 3
03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
This is something I've been looking for a clear resource on.

Actually, its stacking in general I haven't been able to find enough on.

Can anyone point me at a clear guide to stacking consoles or doffs?

Are there dimishing returns or are they additive?

If it varies, what are the parameters?
Rihannsu
# 4
03-25-2013, 12:55 PM
As Hevach says, all non-unique consoles stack directly (so two +10 consoles = +20 effect), the exception being the Engineering resistance consoles. The are affected by a diminishing returns, though I don't remember the exact formula at the moment. The purpose being to prevent anyone from getting a 100% Resistance (and therefore invulnerability).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 5
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
As Hevach says, all non-unique consoles stack directly (so two +10 consoles = +20 effect), the exception being the Engineering resistance consoles. The are affected by a diminishing returns, though I don't remember the exact formula at the moment. The purpose being to prevent anyone from getting a 100% Resistance (and therefore invulnerability).
Ah, thank you.......so three AP tac consoles with a 24.4% buff a piece add up to 73.2% extra damage as well?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Ah, thank you.......so three AP tac consoles with a 24.4% buff a piece add up to 73.2% extra damage as well?
Yes, but that adds to the base damage, not your displayed damage.
Career Officer
# 7
03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbp101287 View Post
Yes, but that adds to the base damage, not your displayed damage.
Ah, thank you for the succinct clarification.

Displayed damage is, of course, the running total of all applicable bonuses.

These consoles would add to the base damage, as you say.

I assume the same principle applies to other consoles that increase things by percentages.

Thus, some thing that improves shield emitters +12% applies to the base shields, not a percentage of the final bonus amount.

Leading to a somewhat lower than as expected bump, if you didnt know what was happening.

Thank you all for the help in understanding this.