Captain
# 51
03-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
I have found a very interesting workaround. If you ever hit the building limit on a map (it's rather high, around 100 or so) and desperately need an additional platform, you may use the "mech" one. It's tagged as a prop and not a building so it doesn't add to the building count. It's a very convenient asset with an ok size.
That could be handy with my aerial city map. Just cant get enough buildings in it. All the building block assets are also listed under details too.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 52
03-17-2013, 07:12 PM
I'm building a campaign series. You all really inspired me. I'm planning the series (some solo, some group) all centered around a common set of NPC characters and a battle ground between the KDF and UPF forces. I've launched the solo mission (it's probably way too big to appeal to most players) but it's all about setting the tone and story background. So I figure it's optional anyway and was a great learning exercise. It's dialogue heavy (with plenty of it being optional) and I used a few maps just as good story interludes.

It's called "SKCS01: Ambit of the Kirstelar" if anyone has the patience to go through it -- I would welcome some constructive criticism.

My goal is to build a few effective group missions around the story without bogging them down too much with heavy dialogue. I'm about 60% through with the next one which will just about REQUIRE at least a two ship squadron to win the group battles. Got some good tactical challenges up my sleeves -- the latest set of foundry tools has really made some interesting things possible.

Also, I'd like to build some missions about the same system from the KDF point of view so KDF players could get in on the same battles from the other direction. Since I made up the world they're fighting over I can let either side win and it won't feel "off-canon".

I'm pondering the idea of a dialogue only bureaucratic red-tape type mission... but I think I'll wait until they enhance the dialogue controls a little more.

Cheers!
Stradius
Captain
# 53
03-18-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm currently handling two major Foundry projects;

One of them is the Darkfrontiers Persistent Foundry Project (PFP), Dominion entry, entitled "Tragoedia Praecursator". This is taking up most of my time.

The other is a mission whose storyline I have been editing and revising over the past three months. Hopefully I can complete it relatively soon.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Lieutenant
# 54
03-20-2013, 10:52 AM
I'm working on the Klingon counterpart mission to 404 Error: Admiral Not Found. The events in it will run concurrently.
Survivor of Romulus
# 55
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougglendower View Post
I'm working on the Klingon counterpart mission to 404 Error: Admiral Not Found. The events in it will run concurrently.
I'm also doing this at the moment. I'm curious, are you going to have it where if you play through the KDF side you see the Fed "player's" ship running around? Cause in mine, some of runs concurrently, so there are times when the Federation and Klingon player ships would be in the same area at the same time, so I put in a Fed cruiser mob and picked a random ship.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Lieutenant
# 56
03-20-2013, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
I'm also doing this at the moment. I'm curious, are you going to have it where if you play through the KDF side you see the Fed "player's" ship running around? Cause in mine, some of runs concurrently, so there are times when the Federation and Klingon player ships would be in the same area at the same time, so I put in a Fed cruiser mob and picked a random ship.
No. The events in mine are directed more at the backstory involving the Rho Geminorum III incident and the arrival of Captain Krenn. At no time should you encounter a Federation's player ship.
Rihannsu
# 57
03-20-2013, 11:20 AM
My challenge mission would need more than a few tweaks to make a KDF version of it. Certain aspects of the story are dependant on the Federation's lack of aggresiveness. Basically, whenever the Boslics encounter you, unlike the Tholians, they sit back and watch you instead of trying to fight. Their reason for this wouldn't make as much sense for the KDF. Or I could just throw in a blurb about how a trade agreement made by the High Council carries the stipulation that the KDF won't ever attack them unless fired on first....
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 58
03-24-2013, 05:04 PM
I'm taking a short break from Foundry authoring right now. After publishing "Ghosts of War, Part VI" I tweaked that mission based on the feedback I've gotten, and also went back and made a few minor changes to the previous missions in the series - mostly to give them a look and feel that's consistent both internally and, as closely as possible, with Cryptic missions.

I also made a couple of team-based space missions meant mainly for my Fed and KDF fleets (both are still awaiting their 5th review). I've started on team-based ground missions for both fleets, which I will probably finish in April. I had a few ideas for more story-driven Fed and KDF missions in mind, but with the Romulan expansion coming up I may put them on the back burner and do a Romulan episode or even a Romulan trilogy next instead.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-25-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm slowly building an episode series surrounding the Undine in absolute detail.

Taking word to word notes of Species 8472's actions in the Star Trek: Voyager series,
utilizing known facts about them and information gathered/established in Star Trek Online-
To otherwise build an arc of stories which go into more detail about our fluidic neighbours.

While I cannot fully inform others publicly about my development, due to fears
of copycaitian authors swiping my ideas as their own, I would say that it the first mission
is going well. Quite some progress has been made and the story is well laid out.

As long as I can keep my interest levels high, I should have no problem getting it done.
Starfleet Veteran
# 60
03-25-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm bouncing ideas around this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A1aRnHGHXo

but I want to be able to pull off an ending as dramatic as the one in the episode, so it is still in the blackboard stage.

Last edited by gammadelta2; 03-25-2013 at 10:51 PM.