Ensign
# 31
02-28-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
I have put in a request for Foundry authors to be able to get credit for playing their own missions. It is currently under consideration. I ask that you please try to be patient.
Saddly, 10 days and two patches later, and still no word on giving us back our rewards. I have been trying to be patient, and feel I have been more than patient. This is something that must be fixed. It will not be long before more people realize that the authors are being treated as free, expendable, labor. I am not a waitress here to work for less than minimum wage, and limited gratuity. (standard Dil reward = minimum wage in STO, and limiting the tip is limited gratuity)

There is absloutly no advantage for an author to play their own mission; therefore, there is no reason to take away our rewards for doing our own missions. We got rewarded before and there is no reason for this to be taken away from us intentionally. The author's time to complete their own missions was never factored into the average completion time for qualification and should not be, but this never stopped us from gaining equal rewards for playing our own missions in the past.

If this is any indication of how the authors will be treated in Neverwinter, I for one, and many others, will not play it. I have played both former Neverwinter titles for years as a custom content creator. I stayed with STO because of the foundry and my MMO loyalty has been with PW/Cryptic because of this and the release of Neverwinter. I am very worried about this action taken by PW. This is going to have long term effects that many of you may not see clearly right now. This is big time, not some small bug that you have time to waste correcting.

When the servers go back up today, I will be taking all of my foundry missions down. I will be encouraging other authors to do the same. I will be actively talking with many people, players and authors about this. I have 2 very active fleets that I lead and we all have been patient. It has been a bad feeling to log into this game since the patch that "ninjaed" our rewards away. Nothing was ever mentioned in the origional patch notes, which made me feel this was just an oversight in the code. After seeing PWs responses on this thread and the lack of correcting this, I am becoming convinced that this is intended and that worries me a lot.

I really hope you all take this seriously, as players, authors, developers and marketers. This is a HUGE mistake for this game, this company, and the future of community authored things in both STO and Neverwinter. If you all need help with your code, Cryptic, let me know. I am sure many of us in the community, including myself have the skills and degrees to make your code work properly.

EDIT: Some changes can take more time to investigate, consider and decide on a course of action, then implement it if it is decided on. Frost mentioned he has passed along the request, and he has, and it's being considered by the decision makers. If more information is available, he will post about it, but in the meantime, please be patient Thanks for understanding! ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 02-28-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Ensign
# 32
02-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitybound View Post
EDIT: Some changes can take more time to investigate, consider and decide on a course of action, then implement it if it is decided on. Frost mentioned he has passed along the request, and he has, and it's being considered by the decision makers. If more information is available, he will post about it, but in the meantime, please be patient Thanks for understanding! ~BranFlakes
Thank you Brandon. Every little bit of communication on this topic helps. I am going to be a good little girl and be patient. *hugs*

Search for Lumani for my missions. Have Fun, and may the loots be with you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33 To be fair...
03-01-2013, 09:32 PM
This is not working as intended. I have two missions out there for folks to play (and both are well past the review phase.)

One gives the rewards as intended, even to me (the author). The other, as mentioned above, does not. This lack of consistancy tells me its a glitch and not a deliberate intended function of the system as designed.
Ensign
# 34 Authors/Rewards
03-12-2013, 02:44 PM
I understand the revoking of the IOR repeatable but there's something you've missed. The time-system you use, however it's calculated... Is so freken BROKE it's not even funny! I'm a mini-max tac captain rocking the charal. I have no problem obliterating missions that would take most others 20-30 mins + in 8-10 mins. Mirror universe for example, a pure f2p player with a good team get it done in 7-10 mins. I can complete it in 5.

I have built my ship for immense power and enough tank to not die at all in pve, does that mean since I've put more effort into my ship to make it more powerful, I must revoke that in order to keep balance for people's foundry's? Pft. If it does, you'll be losing over a dozen paying players one of which being myself. I enjoy foundry missions as a way to "free roam" around the game so to speak as players tend to include FAR more variety in their foundry missions than exist in the other elements of the game. I have made my own and love playing it, it's a solid challenge it even takes me about 20 minutes to complete and aside from that it gives loot which is of course a nice perk but still 200-300k in replicator scrap is not as useful as 800 or so dilithium that it easily deserves.

Another flaw in this current design, is that you've neglected to include PLAYERS. Into your equations. Bare in mind, the people that play this game are REAL they do actually exist. As such, most humans will bypass something if they're getting very little or nothing for their time, thus the tremendous issue with foundry missions which go above and beyond this "minimum time" is created. I've had real trouble convincing even fleet members to try it out because it's got a big red flag at the top saying "not eligible for rewards" or whatever, when I know one person in my fleet took over 40 minutes to complete it (sci captain in case you're wondering).

Lastly I completely support the author rewards argument here. The decision makers I suspect will either ignore this completely or fob us off with "it's too much trouble to change the mechanics of the foundry" or some lame excuse to that effect. I still think, regardless of whatever con you might possibly think up against an author playing their own mission, with the current pathetic system they can't alter the rewards much anyway and think about this for a minute. If they try, they'll have to be on their account. Doing nothing else, at that particular time. ERGO... WHAT POSSIBLE PROBLEM COULD THERE BE WITH IT? Besides... Missions like mine can't be afk'd at all lmao. Either way, don't charge 10k dilithium to an author to make foundry missions for every body else EXCEPT they who made it. That's pure unadulterated filth if you ask me. Had I known that before I purchased my slots, I would never have bothered, it's quite literally sickening and I think they should properly consider trying to implement either a new system with a quest-based reward, or mend the current one and add rewards for authors.

P.S. I don't care about the fleet marks if it'll make you bring back the old 960 reward for foundry's and allow authors to use it, that'd be Brilliant. As a fleet We run regular No-wins, starbase defense, mine trap etc anyway and I'd suggest to people wanted fm's for their fleets try them instead of the more lame instances.

Regards,
Thegh0ster.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
03-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
I have put in a request for Foundry authors to be able to get credit for playing their own missions. It is currently under consideration. I ask that you please try to be patient.
It is a month later after this request was put in, so whats going on?
I am not happy at all about the fact I cant earn any dilithium rewards from playing my own mission!
Authors dont make these huge dillithium tip numbers people think they do.
So whats the hold up? This is a common sense decision and needs to be fixed ASAP!

Last edited by chitowngrizz420; 03-25-2013 at 03:31 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 36
03-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowngrizz420 View Post
It is a month later after this request was put in, so whats going on?
I am not happy at all about the fact I cant earn any dilithium rewards from playing my own mission!
Authors dont make these huge dillithium tip numbers people think they do.
So whats the hold up? This is a common sense decision and needs to be fixed ASAP!
By now, you've probably seen the announcement about the new expansion. The work on that is and has been taking up pretty much all of our resources.
Captain
# 37
03-26-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
By now, you've probably seen the announcement about the new expansion. The work on that is and has been taking up pretty much all of our resources.
In other words, no time for fixing old problems. Busy creating new ones
Rihannsu
# 38
03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Frost, thanks for responding. I'm sad to hear that this is on the back burner, but if that's the price to pay to have the Foundry ready to roll with Romulan content as soon after Legacy releases as possible... I'm willing to bear with you for a bit

Of course, if you happen to stumble upon an easy solution to the problem with my mission, don't hold back on my account
Starfleet Veteran
# 39
03-28-2013, 08:17 PM
I understand the dillema. Thank you, Crypticfrost, for the response.
Commander
# 40
04-12-2013, 12:32 PM
I know it's been busy. Just wanted to say again that I hope foundry authors will be able to receive credit for completing their own qualifying missions. Thanks.