Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,934
# 21
03-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Blah blah blah blah blah blahhhhh.

Use an unpowered melee weapon, problem solved.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 22
03-26-2013, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
I'm sorry, who was the one who brought source material into the argument? You don't get to raise a point, screw up the point, and then dismiss the fact that you screwed up the point as irrelevant.

Also, you're ******** about fleet holdings too? Got any other complaints you want to throw in?
you are the one that dragged the source material up with your 'first contact' tangent.
and boo hoo for getting a name wrong


Quote:
And we're back to First Contact. Remember that scene with Lily, Picard, Melville references and a bunch of broken little ships? What was Picard doing through most of that?

Using a handheld tool (aka, primitive remodulator device) to tweak his rifle.

The basic device you have in STO is already an improvement over that method. You don't need to field strip your weapon anymore to remodulate it.
yea, he was doing gods knows what with a sonic screwdriver that looks like the flashy light tools used to change fix systems all the way thourgh startrek.
but nice job contradicting yourself.
first it was redshirt 59203 getting over-run while tapping away at the weapon to remodulate it...
only for you to now claim that picard had to take it apart to do the job of remodulating?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 23
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
you are the one that dragged the source material up with your 'first contact' tangent.
and boo hoo for getting a name wrong
Translation: I got my information wrong, and must now attack anyone who calls me on it.

If you can't get something as simple as which ship appeared in which story right, why should anyone trust in anything you have to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
yea, he was doing gods knows what with a sonic screwdriver that looks like the flashy light tools used to change fix systems all the way thourgh startrek.
but nice job contradicting yourself.
first it was redshirt 59203 getting over-run while tapping away at the weapon to remodulate it...
only for you to now claim that picard had to take it apart to do the job of remodulating?
So it does potentially take another tool to remodulate a weapon, but you're going to ignore that fact because it contradicts your argument. Good to know.

Also did you see the entirety of redshirt 59203s remodulation process? No, you didn't. You saw the end result of a failed remodulation attempt. Most notably a non-functional weapon, and an assimilated redshirt.

If such a thing (remodulation) were as simple as pushing a button, why do other members of the security detail go hand to hand? Why does Worf repeatedly go for his mek'leth rather than taking the two seconds to push the "I Win" button?

In addition, if you're going to accuse someone of contradicting themselves, it typically doesn't help to cite a situation where they're clearly not making two different statements about the same thing.

But hey, you've never let contradictory facts get in the way of your ramblings before. Why start now?

Last edited by stirling191; 03-26-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 24
03-26-2013, 09:48 AM
who needs a translation to see that you are the one that brought up first contact?

and no, you havnt managed to support your claim that the Ahab scene was picard doing something other than fixing a malfunction.

you are the one making flippant attacks
based on your own tangent about 'first contact', that you yourself brought up.

only to then change your claim from one about
a redshirt getting over run while trying to tap in a new setting,
to
picard having to use a tool to remodulate said weapon.

take your dissonance and go for a walk long enough to cool off and realise it is your own tangent about source material that you brought up, that you are contradicting yourself with.

while making pointless attacks against me based on my getting a name wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 25
03-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
and no, you havnt managed to support your claim that the Ahab scene was picard doing something other than fixing a malfunction.
And I suppose you have something to back that up other than the fact that Picard remodulating the weapon shoots your entire argument to hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
you are the one making flippant attacks
based on your own tangent about 'first contact', that you yourself brought up.

only to then change your claim from one about
a redshirt getting over run while trying to tap in a new setting,
to
picard having to use a tool to remodulate said weapon.
Here's exactly what I wrote in regards to First Contact:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Watch First Contact. At least one (probably more than one) redshirt bites it while trying to remodulate his rifle before a Drone gets close.

If it were simply a button press how exactly would any ship ever get overrun by the Borg?

Bottom line: either accept the fact that source material puts manual remodulation as a slow, clunky process, or simply get one of the anti-borg sets and have the magical one-button press remod that you're looking for.
Where in there do I say anything about the tapping being the sole means to remodulate a weapon? Nowhere. In fact, I explicitly state that remodulation is a lot more involved than tapping.

So please, for your own sake, stop making yourself look even more uninformed.

And this is now the third subsequent post where you repeatedly bring up how you screwed up a source detail. Perhaps if you don't want people to consider your lack of knowledge of the source, you should stop mentioning how you don't actually know the source?


Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
take your dissonance and go for a walk long enough to cool off and realise it is your own tangent about source material that you brought up, that you are contradicting yourself with.

while making pointless attacks against me based on my getting a name wrong.
Provide for me exact quotes of me contradicting myself in this thread. You can't because I haven't.

You on the other hand have gone from "it's a button push" to "it takes tools" back to "oh it doesn't take either, but I want it to be exactly how I want it to be".

So please, get your facts right, or stop making inane arguments based solely on your unwillingness to deal with in-game mechanics.

Last edited by stirling191; 03-26-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 26
03-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Provide for me exact quotes of me contradicting myself in this thread. You can't because I haven't.
easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
Watch First Contact. At least one (probably more than one) redshirt bites it while trying to remodulate his rifle before a Drone gets close.

If it were simply a button press how exactly would any ship ever get overrun by the Borg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
And we're back to First Contact. Remember that scene with Lily, Picard, Melville references and a bunch of broken little ships? What was Picard doing through most of that?

Using a handheld tool (aka, primitive remodulator device) to tweak his rifle.
your comment about redshirts being over-run
followed by
your comment about picard doing something to his weapon.

now kindly take your nerd rage over the name of a ship, likely fuelled by that mistake crossing the jj universe with that of the tng movies, and go for a walk.

your own unfuonded assertions have dragged this thread derailing troll tangent out.
but gg on derailing a thread aimed at improving ground play just because you want to force your point about how canon remodulation speed is & how it may have worked 36 years earlier in the timeline than the game is set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,477
# 27
03-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
easy.


your comment about redshirts being over-run
followed by
your comment about picard doing something to his weapon.
And I'll again say what I said before:

Did you see the entire sequence the redshirt ran through to remodulate his weapon? No you did not. Did you see Piacrd finishing the remodulation of his weapon? No you did not.

Contradiction requires two things to invalidate one another. The above two scenes in no way do that, no matter how much you want them to.

A for effort though. Next time try to remember that you need to actually have facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
now kindly take your nerd rage over the name of a ship, likely fuelled by that mistake crossing the jj universe with that of the tng movies, and go for a walk.

your own unfuonded assertions have dragged this thread derailing troll tangent out.
but gg on derailing a thread aimed at improving ground play just because you want to force your point about how canon remodulation speed is & how it may have worked 36 years earlier in the timeline than the game is set.
Let's review: you've gone from raging over remodulation to raging over fleet holdings, to managing to get both JJ trek and TNG era movie information wrong, to claiming events are occuring that absolutely did not, and back to yelling at anyone who disagrees with you .

Whereas all I've done is consistently point out that remodulation is not an instant "I win vs. Borg" button on a phaser, and provided multiple examples of that fact.

Who's the one who needs to stop nerd raging?

Last edited by stirling191; 03-26-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 28
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
you dragged up the tangent, for the sake of nothing but argument, and derailing the thread for your trolling.
only 'mistake' i made was mixing up the name of the nerada & scimitar, and falling for your trolling.

that you have now misconstrued as my wanting an ''"I win vs. Borg" button''.

needless to say, i will be ignoring your trolling from now on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 117
# 29
03-26-2013, 12:33 PM
To get to T1 rep takes 2 days. It costs something like 3 normal stfs (about an hour of your time) and the hypos and whatever else costs about 50k EC (discarding 3 Mk X-XI ship shields). No work at all. Easy. A Mk X Borg set isn't really that expensive in marks or ec either and if it's the idea of not being able to use your favourite weapon, well, you have two slots and the Omega/MACO set allows you to remodulate that too so to be perfectly blunt, I really don't see your problem. Lots of threads about remodulation. It's the Borg. Get over it. Remodulation is so just NOT the biggest problem you will encounter while doing STF's.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,119
# 30
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
im sitting on enough bnp's for that.

the ability to acquire the maco gear doesnt change the clunky mechanics of the current remodulators.

any more than maco gear has anything to do how the rifle butt melee attacks root your character due to the way the animations & mechanics work for that.

its a system ingame that could do with being smoothed out & refined.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by baelogventure View Post
Considering Ryan broke 25k in a NX, I expect he could easily pull 10k in an Escape Pod with a Hand Phaser.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:42 PM.