Commander
# 11
03-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
60 Omega Marks awarded for doing 5 missions similar to the ones in the Tau Dewa sector would be perfect.
Implementing something like this for Gamma Orionis seems painfully obvious. I came into the game in S6, and I have only ever experienced GO sector as "the space I fly through to reach the B'Tran Cluster."
Career Officer
# 12
03-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theeishtmo View Post
Why? There are a ton of different ways to get Omega marks, from Defera Invasion zone to STFs. You can generate Omega marks much, MUCH faster than Romulan marks by far. Learn how to do elite STFs and you'll be ROLLING in Omega marks. Even just doing Infected and Khitomer space, you'll have plenty of marks for all your needs. Plus you need BNPs for the Mk 12 stuff anyway, so go do the elites and be done with it.

A daily for Omega is unnecessary.
While I agree that getting Omega Marks are really easy to get (500-600 minimum for the original 6 on Elite - which, incidentally, will also give 7k minimum Dil), for me the simple answer to the question 'why?' is simply that the sector block is 'there' and it's supposed to be the site of borg front line. In the old days, you had to go there to do STF's, now, that's not the case so I fully agree with the idea that it should be a place to get omega marks - if for no other reason than to decrease the number of people who have no idea what they're doing joing the Elite STF queues. It may also awaken people to the fact that Terradome even exists...

A patrol mission similar to the Tau Dewa sounds like a perfect solution and if they threw in an accolade or two and a small (480?) dilithium or Mk XII [Borg] gear reward, you would definately see me there.
Career Officer
# 13
03-26-2013, 11:51 AM
a small amount for re-playing the content missions would be more interesting.
the stfs are soooooo boring in the meantime.

other ways to get marks would make the grind festival less boring
"Be excellent to each other and Party on Dudes!"
Career Officer
# 14
03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devocut View Post
This may have been mentioned in the past but I would like to see a Borg Space daily, similar to the Romulan daily, that would award omega marks. The new daily wouldn't have to award as many marks as the Romulan one, which gives 60 marks I believe.

I would just like another way to grind Omega marks (in space) while avoiding STF?s. The Borg red alert is too infrequent, gives low omega marks and is failure prone.

Now, if things are working as intended, just ignore this post.

Thanks for listening.
That what the Sector space Borg Red Alerts are (each has a 20 hour cooldown and awards 10 OM and 480 Dil per successful completion.)

[Now if only they's fix the Red Alert system itself so you wouldn't end up warping into an empty instance 9 out of 10 times...]
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lieutenant
# 15
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Why not make it a daily where if you complete ALL 6 of the originals (maybe Hive as well), you get the wrapper reward? This would presumably include Omega Marks, Dil, and maybe Fleet marks too (maybe not).

This might encourage more people to do the more unpopular/ground missions more regularly, especially if there is an accolade for doing the wrapper 15/35/70 times.
Captain
# 16
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devocut View Post
This may have been mentioned in the past but I would like to see a Borg Space daily, similar to the Romulan daily, that would award omega marks. The new daily wouldn't have to award as many marks as the Romulan one, which gives 60 marks I believe.

I would just like another way to grind Omega marks (in space) while avoiding STF?s. The Borg red alert is too infrequent, gives low omega marks and is failure prone.

Now, if things are working as intended, just ignore this post.

Thanks for listening.
Let's face reality: Omega marks come from deferi and STF.

Asking for daily space missions simply because you're too lazy for a 15-20 minutes STF that is just plain wrong.

Perform well in elite and you get 90-100 Omega. Unnecessary to add more Omega space missions.
Captain
# 17
03-26-2013, 01:00 PM
With all of the problems of AFkers, early leavers, incompetents and arrogant leets hassling people, STFs are not really that attractive, a 5 or 6 system patrol daily would be a big plus.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Let's face reality: Omega marks come from deferi and STF.

Asking for daily space missions simply because you're too lazy for a 15-20 minutes STF that is just plain wrong.

Perform well in elite and you get 90-100 Omega. Unnecessary to add more Omega space missions.
A Deferi mission also rewards a anti Borg or Borg Prosthesis weapon. Mostly a hard mission.
Captain
# 19
03-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glados122 View Post
A Deferi mission also rewards a anti Borg or Borg Prosthesis weapon. Mostly a hard mission.
That's a nice goodie too. Only used one though on my Borg Boff.
Plasma weapon, not the best but fun.
Career Officer
# 20
03-27-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
60 Omega Marks awarded for doing 5 missions similar to the ones in the Tau Dewa sector would be perfect.
Seconded. It would be nice to earn them from replaying the Borg episodes as well.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?