Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 307
# 31
03-26-2013, 07:46 PM
Quote:
speculation and wrist cutting posts do nothing..
by the same token, so does assuming the KDF is going to get anything. history speaks for itself. it also tends to repeat itself

Quote:
So, I am cautiously optimistic, so you all should be
the same people say that with every update, with very little to show for it. there comes a time when 'cautiously optimistic' becomes gullible. the fact is we have been told 'the next update' is 'the big klingon update' more times than I care to count, and have been lied to each and every single time - and thats when they were saying there was stuff coming. so now you expect anyone to believe anything is coming when they have said nothing about any content? think about that

Quote:
That said, it MIGHT be that, with the influx of money from PWE and the hard-core fundraising of the last three seasons, that they (Cryptic) finally have the BUDGET to start filling in those old promises.
given a budget is one thing, doing anything with it is another. if there was anything big in the works, common sense says it wouldn't be possible to complete it at the same time they are developing a new faction. the resources just aren't there to do both. to say nothing of the fact that they still claim they don't do anything for the KDF because 'nobody plays them' and that hasn't changed. why spend money on it now?

Quote:
I am happy for these positive signals we got so far
name one. 1-50 certainly isn't. thats only 5 more levels than the KDF started with. a tutorial? does nothing for anyone unless there is something to do afterwards. all we did get was romulan related info. how many months does it take to make a 5 mission featured episode again...? think about that

Quote:
So I'll believe in khemaraa and his hints there's more coming than just the tutorial.
anyone foolish enough to buy into some random person on a message board saying 'I know a guy that knows a guy...honest!' is going to get disappointed

Quote:
Also, checking the posting history of a particular individual who's become active suddenly reveals he's been using his accound for less than a week at this point and has been doing nothing but complain with it, no matter about what.

It's what I'd like to call a "Class A Troll" account.
in other words belittling said person to try to discredit anything they say. by the way, calling someone a troll is prohibited. its also ignorant

Quote:
That was OP's point with starting thist thread in the first place. To share a positive vibe amongst all the gloomy threads around, that IMHO are based on pure speculation so far.
in other words to try to get people to ignore anyone who states what has actually gone on around here for the last 3 years. its the 'positive' threads that are based on nothing but speculation. those that are not are based on the history of cryptics development of the KDF. the history speaks for itself. did you know that the most accurate way to predict future behavior is to look at past behavior? I don't see you going into the posts you're referring to and telling people to stop telling people to 'stop posting doom and gloom'

Quote:
I'm not saying that you're wrong in what you said. Considering the past experiences, noone can blame you for having the opinion you stated. But, if you had to share it, why not on one of the fine selection of gloom & doom threads that emerged lately?
in other words 'we want to happily make excuses, assumptions and go 'yay cryptic' based on absolutely nothing'

Quote:
Let's try to keep the positive mood in this one, like the OP wished for, shall we?
how about we stick to reality instead of blind assumptions. the fact is that anyone believing that the factions are going to be brought up to anything remotely resembling completion are living in a fantasy world. its not in the slightest bit realistic

Quote:
To be totally honest I never understood why someone would only ever play one faction
because alot of people don't like playing a buggy, barely built faction with 9 missions and alot of grinding
Career Officer
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 387
# 32
03-27-2013, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
I don't see you going into the posts you're referring to and telling people to stop telling people to 'stop posting doom and gloom
Pretty simple, why would I feed threads I do not necessarily support? Like a community mod said in the (im)famous "bye bye" threads, if you don't like it, don't post and let it die and turn zombie.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)

Last edited by redshirtthefirst; 03-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,167
# 33
03-27-2013, 03:11 AM
Starbase 24, gorn minefield, and the KDF scout fleet should have a romulan and KDF set of equivalents, that is true.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,495
# 34
03-27-2013, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
by the same token, so does assuming the KDF is going to get anything. history speaks for itself. it also tends to repeat itself
Aham....sooo...I'll be waiting for Alexander The Great to establish the Great Macedonian Empire once more and chase those pesky Persians back to where they belong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
the same people say that with every update, with very little to show for it. there comes a time when 'cautiously optimistic' becomes gullible. the fact is we have been told 'the next update' is 'the big klingon update' more times than I care to count, and have been lied to each and every single time - and thats when they were saying there was stuff coming. so now you expect anyone to believe anything is coming when they have said nothing about any content? think about that
Gullible? Have you considered that there are people that enjoy playing the KDF even as it is now? Asking for proportional treatment does not mean that we don't enjoy what we have. Everything that they'd add is a gain. That's why we're 'cautiously optimistic'. At least this time they're not pullung out 15 levels from beneath our feet, but rather adding 20 and fixing the UI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
given a budget is one thing, doing anything with it is another. if there was anything big in the works, common sense says it wouldn't be possible to complete it at the same time they are developing a new faction. the resources just aren't there to do both. to say nothing of the fact that they still claim they don't do anything for the KDF because 'nobody plays them' and that hasn't changed. why spend money on it now?
So, you work for Cryptic now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
name one. 1-50 certainly isn't. thats only 5 more levels than the KDF started with. a tutorial? does nothing for anyone unless there is something to do afterwards. all we did get was romulan related info. how many months does it take to make a 5 mission featured episode again...? think about that
You can always pack your bags and waltz into your Oddy. or whatever, plenty to do on the blue side. Leave the KDF to the ones that can live with it without being dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
anyone foolish enough to buy into some random person on a message board saying 'I know a guy that knows a guy...honest!' is going to get disappointed
Nice going there bashing a fellow player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
in other words belittling said person to try to discredit anything they say. by the way, calling someone a troll is prohibited. its also ignorant
So is bashing another player without any reason to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
in other words to try to get people to ignore anyone who states what has actually gone on around here for the last 3 years. its the 'positive' threads that are based on nothing but speculation. those that are not are based on the history of cryptics development of the KDF. the history speaks for itself. did you know that the most accurate way to predict future behavior is to look at past behavior? I don't see you going into the posts you're referring to and telling people to stop telling people to 'stop posting doom and gloom'
I literally LMFAO on this one! You don't see me posting in the "doom" threads to try to get people a bit more positive? I'm sorry, but I guess you need glasses then.
If you actually went through those threads, you would have noticed that in those I usually post 1 reply, in which I try to explain to ppl why I don't believe it's all that bad and in which I also state that I won't be making any more posts because I don't feel the need to feed a negative thread.

Also.....still waiting for Alexander The Great to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
in other words 'we want to happily make excuses, assumptions and go 'yay cryptic' based on absolutely nothing'
No, in other words the OP started the thread for the people who believe that making the KDF start at lvl 1 and enhancing the UI is positive for the faction and believe there will be few more nice things thrown our way.
Why would I go on and discuss about BMX bikes in a thread with the title "What is your favourite kind of pizza?".

Do you really find it strange that there are people that feel positive about it and would rather feel happy with what they already got rather than dismissing anything over past experiences and feeling depressed about what they might not get??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
how about we stick to reality instead of blind assumptions. the fact is that anyone believing that the factions are going to be brought up to anything remotely resembling completion are living in a fantasy world. its not in the slightest bit realistic
I feel bad for you. The reality you obviosely live in sounds so depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus51166 View Post
because alot of people don't like playing a buggy, barely built faction with 9 missions and alot of grinding
Like I already said, Sol is that way --------------->
Plenty to do on the blue side!

I find it rather amusing that amongst dozens of threads depicting the lousy state the KDF is in and the non-existant future of the faction, filled with people who share your opinions on the subject - you still managed to find this one and just had to share your gloomy perspective here.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-27-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,313
# 35
03-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Wait and see.
If May rolls around and we get nothing then nothing has changed for the KDF.
If we do get something in May then thats more than we had the month before.

I do hope Cryptic put as much effort into creating the KDF content as others have been putting effort into saying we should not trust them.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.
Commander
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 336
# 36
03-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Wait and see.
If May rolls around and we get nothing then nothing has changed for the KDF.
If we do get something in May then thats more than we had the month before.

I do hope Cryptic put as much effort into creating the KDF content as others have been putting effort into saying we should not trust them.
Question for you: other than saying that they've got exciting new content or whatnot lined up, have they mentioned anything about recognizing the deficiencies of their game, how they're working on correcting some long-standing problems, or how things have changed in the way they will personally handle the game?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 858
# 37
03-27-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
Question for you: other than saying that they've got exciting new content or whatnot lined up, have they mentioned anything about recognizing the deficiencies of their game, how they're working on correcting some long-standing problems, or how things have changed in the way they will personally handle the game?
i asked in this mths ask cryptic if there going to make a real effort fixing the 100s of bugs in the game bet there dont answer it tho. maybe if more people asked devs in ask cryptic when there going to get around to fixing bugs then there might make a real effort. but people all ways ask the same sort of questions when this ship coming out when are we getting this unforms.

or one last thing why will feds never win the war?
because there spend all there time making new unforms
with a heavy heart i quit on the 27/4/2014 because there dont fix things and are stealing my rep powers that ive worked hard for game uninstalled
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,167
# 38
03-27-2013, 10:16 AM
There are only 3 bugs that are bad and I heard of.

1st : cloak and interactions...not really a but still annoying,

2nd : Some kdf chars can't get the optional mark XII honour guard looks.

3rd : Sometimes the game does not recognise you did all the optionals, and it does not give you the accolade that lets you get the type 3 looks!
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,251
# 39
03-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
There are only 3 bugs that are bad and I heard of.

1st : cloak and interactions...not really a but still annoying,

2nd : Some kdf chars can't get the optional mark XII honour guard looks.

3rd : Sometimes the game does not recognise you did all the optionals, and it does not give you the accolade that lets you get the type 3 looks!

4th: KDF transport bug on the First City/Shipyard/Academy

5th: Unable to edit Maraudering/Cross Faction Officer (Rank 4 reward), KDF version of the Fed Diplomatic reward officer. I still have a Trill I haven't activated. Awaiting for this to be fixed.

6th: Expanding the range for the pop up for the bank and exchange for the KDF side, everyone has to be on top of one another to use it currently.

7th: Server unreliability including the elastic banding, general lag and the server not responding errors. This one is the biggest of them all.

Plenty more as well, all have been report yet nothing has happened.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"

Last edited by majesticmsfc; 03-27-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 88
# 40
03-29-2013, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Aham....sooo...I'll be waiting for Alexander The Great to establish the Great Macedonian Empire once more and chase those pesky Persians back to where they belong.
Since you obviously have not read the History of the KDF and Cryptic You need to educate your self. If You have read it, you'd know what History he was referencing to.

Cryptics "Track Record" on making improvements for the KDF speaks volumes. Granted the volumes are filled with push-backs and delays and flat out lies, but it's still volumes.

As for Earths Repeating History, you can take that as literal as you want. The USA is the new Roman Empire, not literally like you'd Assume but figuratively like the saying is meant to be.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:15 AM.