Republic Veteran
# 11
03-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Yes, I am pretty sure you guys didn't bring Redshirt back because you are not going to be season testing soon ...
Redshirt is brought up when ever tribble isn't being used for live testing. A tribble patch hit yesterday which still needs to be tested, since tribble is down, they brought Redshirt up to do that.

Doesn't necessary means season testing.

I'm thinking next weeks patch will be for systems testing that doesn't have to do with the Romulans and what not.

Last edited by tuskin67; 03-26-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Career Officer
# 12
03-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
Personally I doubt it'd include the new aliens as they seem to be more connected to the new Romulan gameplay.

Wouldn't be surprised if the new UI was up for testing.
New enemies almost certainly means new NPC powers that could range anywhere from way under powered to balanced to way overpowered. Only real testing on actual players would reveal that.
Career Officer
# 13
03-26-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hello Captains,

We have temporarily brought Tribble down as we prepare it to be used for testing new code. We expect Tribble to be brought back up with a new build in around one week or so from this post.

When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Romulan gameplay. We do have a testing plan for the content in the Legacy of Romulus expansion and will provide more updates on it as it becomes available. In the meantime, the upcoming patch notes for Tribble will include further details on what will be available for testing.

Thanks,

The Star Trek Online Team
gearing up testing
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
03-26-2013, 08:58 PM
This is what we asked for an ask cryptic or two and one or two riots ago.

Now they are beefing up testing and getting redshirt ready to handle normal testing of the tweaks made between now and LoR.

So Tribble can be readied to test realy advanced changes.

I For one am proud to see alot of these things come to fruition.

Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009! :smile:
Rihannsu
# 15
03-26-2013, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjewkes View Post
So Tribble can be readied to test realy advanced changes.
We are not getting 2 test shards permanently.

Redshirt exists when Tribble is in season testing not because of the so called "advanced things" but because Tribble is being used to test the season things but of course this happens about a month before it hits Holodeck so for weeks they need a testing shard FOR Holodeck changes.

Today is the 26/27 so we have about 2 months before the expansion hits, now thing is with season-7 we had a lot of things locked off and we need to proper test things of the expansion and its not "advanced" things we need to test, we need to test level progression for starters, we have less that 2 months for that.
Captain
# 16
03-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Well downloaded the patch for red-shirt and it didn't work? It loaded ok, then when it gets to the character selection screen its just a black screen with the mouse pointer! Holodeck and tribble load fine.
Captain
# 17
03-27-2013, 03:02 AM
While I'm happy to see more testing, I think a third test server for the romulans would be a bit excessive.
Why not use Tribble or Redshirt to test the Romulans?
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
03-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
While I'm happy to see more testing, I think a third test server for the romulans would be a bit excessive.
Why not use Tribble or Redshirt to test the Romulans?
Redshirt is for the stuff going live to holodeck right away, tribble will be for any stuff coming to game in May

where was it said that a third sever would be used?
Career Officer
# 19
03-27-2013, 03:39 AM
like the big Patches before Tribble or Redshirt will become earlyer or later Romulan Faction Testing

maybe 2 weeks before it goes to Holodock or 4 or 6 weeks like i hope

worst whould be that we cant play in May because to mutch players for servers or to many bugs so give us enough testting or test it intern more then enough
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Commander
# 20
03-27-2013, 05:01 AM
I imagine that they will hold off testing the "story content" of LoR as late as possible. And I won't be surprised if it doesn't appear on Tribble until after the release. They won't want spoilers as to who the new enemy is until the actual launch.

But I expect we will get to see the improved UI, trait changes and Tholian Repulatition systems (plus Tholian STF) first.

When the testing / release plan to Tribble is posted, it will probably be a good idea to list what won't be appearing on Tribble before the launch date. Because if the new / converted from Fed / updated KDF story missions aren't going to appear until after the launch, the forums will once again be full of posts of KDF hyper-rage.
Closed Thread