Empire Veteran
# 31
03-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Of course they'll be new content to fill the gaps. heck. We might even get a new sector block to play in for some of the new content. Maybe we'll finally get a bunch of system patrol missions to fill in around the needed storyline content.

We won't get quite everything we would like, but we are going to get quite a bit... for those of firmly into end game though it won't be that noticable..

What we will get though is more players flying KDF and that will make a big difference..

downside.. Lag like ESD when at Qo'nos.

Next up on the hit parade should be new PvP content starting in the third quarter.
"I mean to misbehave" -Malcolm Reynolds
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Starting at level 1 is good for the faction as a whole.

For me? Not to much, I have 9 KDF characters at the end of the Omega Rep System, I don't care about level 1 because I'm not going to invest anymore time or energy into a new character. I joined last February and the Kingon faction sucked me in by the end of last April.
Since then I've seen two KDF store releases.....the Bortas pack and the environmental suit. I sit $50 aside everyone month just for video games, and these guys can't even release something to take that $50.

I guess the May changes will improve the "metrics" but I don't feel like waiting around for those to improve so we can have some new endgame content around this time next year. If we don't see at least an effort at endgame content in May Cryptic can subtract me from their metrics because I'll be playing something else.
Captain
# 33
03-21-2013, 09:17 PM
The Klingon Defense Forces

Providing Starfleet saucer separation services since the 23rd century. We do it right!

... and now announcing our new branch offices in Romulan space! Nobody will declaw those birds like us!

Last edited by warmaker001b; 03-21-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Captain
# 34
03-22-2013, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan78 View Post
If you look at the link, you would see that you can start ANY of the three factions from lvl 1. It will be much clearer once the English site is updated.

That's irrelevant to the point that the game doesn't support 2 factions as is, much less 3. Not that it couldn't... but as long as pure finances (and not game health) are the driving force behind the content additions...

Last edited by xantris; 03-22-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Captain
# 35
03-22-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
Of course they'll be new content to fill the gaps. heck. We might even get a new sector block to play in for some of the new content. Maybe we'll finally get a bunch of system patrol missions to fill in around the needed storyline content.

We won't get quite everything we would like, but we are going to get quite a bit... for those of firmly into end game though it won't be that noticable..

What we will get though is more players flying KDF and that will make a big difference..

downside.. Lag like ESD when at Qo'nos.

Next up on the hit parade should be new PvP content starting in the third quarter.

I don't see that happening. We'll lose pilots to the Romulans who will be getting the shiny new toys. It's not like the Romulan faction will bring in a ton of new players that actually want to play Klingon, it will be new players who want to play Romulans... and Feds/KDF who want Romulan alts. At very best, we maybe break even on the handful of people we lose that don't play Klingon because of the level restriction... but this far into the games life cycle, the damage is already done and we just aren't going to see a lot of new players.

The KDF population will decline, not the other way around.
Career Officer
# 36
03-22-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwedisplayname View Post
Details? OK... Let me get out my DevSpy.

"Let's take, I dunno, the top 25 player written missions and convert them. BOOM!"

Huh. I wasn't expecting that.
I'd be shocked if they did that frankly. I'm sure we'd have heard a peep from the authors before this if it were the case (despite them in theory being asked to keep things quiet).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 37
03-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
The Klingon Defense Forces

Providing Starfleet saucer separation services since the 23rd century. We do it right!

... and now announcing our new branch offices in Romulan space! Nobody will declaw those birds like us!
That made me laugh, nice one for a sig...

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Commander
# 38
03-22-2013, 04:30 AM
I think that next logical step it would be some new kdf design ship's comparable to what federation already has and what new romulan faction must have on design table in this moment.
In this way kdf will continue to grow more as the new movie will be launched in may and new players will be able to make a klingon char from begining.
My guess is that romulan ships will be OP compared to federation (in the begining ) so that is why i think now it would be a good time for new powerfull kdf ships too.
"There already is a Borg faction, its called the Federation. They assimilate everyone else's technology and remove any biological or technical distinctiveness and add it to their own."
I refuse to be content https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwI0u9L4R8U
Career Officer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
At this point we really should let bygones be bygones.......

At this moment, we have no proof that they wont deliver.
"I've never trusted Cryptic, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the death of my Fleet."

Have you seen the "Track Record" on KDF improvements from Cryptic?

Having been here since launch I watched the first 2 years first hand, not a very happy Era for the KDF.

If they make the KDF a Full Faction I'll be happy, I'm just doubting their ability to hold to what they've announced. I've seen "more kdf is coming" sooo many times now, I don't even care when I see it now.

That said, this time seems more like they might be working, instead of waiting on Cups to be delivered to the Office. (Cheers to anyone who remembers the Cup incident)

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
Survivor of Romulus
# 40
03-27-2013, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krell83sto View Post
"I've never trusted Cryptic, and I never will. I could never forgive them for the death of my Fleet."

Have you seen the "Track Record" on KDF improvements from Cryptic?

Having been here since launch I watched the first 2 years first hand, not a very happy Era for the KDF.

If they make the KDF a Full Faction I'll be happy, I'm just doubting their ability to hold to what they've announced. I've seen "more kdf is coming" sooo many times now, I don't even care when I see it now.

That said, this time seems more like they might be working, instead of waiting on Cups to be delivered to the Office. (Cheers to anyone who remembers the Cup incident)
Yup, I know all about the track record of the development of the KDF.
And I can't really blame the people who have their doubts or don't believe that anything good will come from this for the KDF.

What I'm saying is - Cryptic has a new landlord and regardless of what individuals think of PWE, the truth is that they helped and invested in the Cryptic team. The game is obviosely doing very good according to what many devs. have stated and also by having a big expansion with a whole new faction added. Their staff has grown double in numbers.
This is what makes me believe that it is possible for them to keep their word and deliver this time.

P.S. This is actually the first time we have visualy seen a confirmation that the KDF will start at lvl 1. I don't think that's something they'd do if there was the possibility to walk away from it. Also, the lack of leveling content was pointed out as the main reason for the KDF to start at lvl 20 on many ocassions by the devs. It would be reasonable to conclude that since they decided to give the opportunity to the KDF to start at the begining, they'll give the content that was missing.
STO has been around for 3 years now. I really don't think the devs. are just making the KDF start at lvl 1 without any content after what they stated before. I can't see them saying "Well whataya know, us wuz joking before!"
Because true Starfleet Captains command Exploration Cruisers!
Thank you Cryptic for finally giving me MY SHIP!!!

Last edited by shpoks; 03-27-2013 at 05:40 AM.