Career Officer
# 111
03-27-2013, 06:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
i can see you are fine with tacs doing sci's job better than scientists, causing the nerf of science skills
Why do you think Sci's job is damage?

What about the design of the Sci captain indicates to you that the Sci captain's "job" is damage?

It isn't.

The Sci captain's job is force multiplication and kill set ups.

There is no career that does this better.

Quote:
and it's amazing how you didn't speak about fbp
Why would I?

When someone uses FBP...stop shooting them,

Quote:
they should only boost weapons and projectile trainning, all kind of consoles work better on tacs
Then when a Sci captain uses SNB (removes protection) or SS (debuffs resistance) they should not be able to use any weapons or tactical skills or skills like Warp Plasma correct?

Quote:
and AGAIN, how can tacs boost the incoming damage, making a fbp2 without prtg to reach 1.3 reflection ? i can't reach 0.9 in my fbp3 with prtg maxed and 125 aux
You, are quite clearly, focusing on the wrong aspects of what a Sci captain should be doing.

Quote:
sensor scan is cleared by science team, just like fire on my mark is by tac team
No.

Sensor scan is an AoE. It can require up to FIVE SCIENCE TEAMS to clear.

It's also needed to clear that other important debuff we keep discussing, SNB.

Quote:
that synergy you talk is wrong, its very easy to counter a subnuke and a sensor scan combo, you just need a science team, and a rsp waiting

dont tell me a science strike is better than a tac's just because you saw your rsp3 or whatever taken away
There is nothing you can do to counter the buff strip aside from hope you have more buffs.

Stripping defensive buffs are the key to kills.

Understanding howto use Subnuc is critical.

You're still, erroneously, thinking about "science strike" and a Sci captain functioning like a Tac captain.

You need to spend some more time thinking about what a Science captain is designed to do.

Last edited by ussultimatum; 03-27-2013 at 06:08 AM.
Captain
# 112
03-27-2013, 06:21 AM
Once again, it comes down to the role that Sci plays in PvP vs. the role in PvE (and what is required in PvE)...which is why I still feel that the thread is not going to get the same response here in the PvP forums that it would elsewhere.

If PvE were more like PvP, then there would be less discussion - eh? It's not though...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Career Officer
# 113
03-27-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Once again, it comes down to the role that Sci plays in PvP vs. the role in PvE (and what is required in PvE)...which is why I still feel that the thread is not going to get the same response here in the PvP forums that it would elsewhere.

If PvE were more like PvP, then there would be less discussion - eh? It's not though...

borgresearcher stated directly in his first post in the thread that these are his concerns regarding PvP.

It's a PvP conversation in the PvP forum, because it is about a PvP concern.

The responses he is getting are based on PvP.

Empire Veteran
# 114
03-27-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:

but tactical not boosting 4 sci skills inst going to make sci captains deal more damage in pve. but thats par for the course of pve'er logic
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 115
03-27-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
but tactical not boosting 4 sci skills inst going to make sci captains deal more damage in pve. but thats par for the course of pve'er logic
Based on the thought process expressed in similar threads not in the PvP forums - they're talking about the following two things happening:

Remove Tac ability to boost damage for those abilities.
Boost the damage of those abilities.

So it would result in an increased amount of damage on their part in PvE.

My KDF Sci runs a no-Tac Heght'a (3 Sci/1 Eng) - he's there for debuff/control - tank busting, spam denial, movement control, heal interruption, etc, etc, etc.

My Fed Sci is there to detect cloakers - decloak them - tackle them/debuff them - toss a heal/help against alphas - etc, etc, etc.

They're both facilitators. They're not damage guys. They're all but useless in PvE because of that. Anything they do, a Tac could actually do better if it was even warranted doing...which in the majority of cases it is not.

So with borg talking about damage - I see it as a PvE discussion. There's just so much that a Sci can do other than damage when it comes to PvP...

"Wheeeee, this is kind of fun. Oopsie...my bad."
Fleet Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
Endless, Hazari Destroyer
Career Officer
# 116
03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
They're both facilitators. They're not damage guys. They're all but useless in PvE because of that. Anything they do, a Tac could actually do better if it was even warranted doing...which in the majority of cases it is not.

So with borg talking about damage - I see it as a PvE discussion. There's just so much that a Sci can do other than damage when it comes to PvP...

That's a PvE environment design issue and not an issue with Subnuc.

It's also not really relevant to this discussion.