Captain
# 21
03-27-2013, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
Redshirt is for the stuff going live to holodeck right away, tribble will be for any stuff coming to game in May

where was it said that a third sever would be used?

I did not say there was one, but if they are not using Redshirt, nor Tribble... but they do plan to test the expansion...
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Lieutenant
# 22
03-27-2013, 07:14 AM
I have a feeling it might be to field test all the new KDF add-ons they are going to be adding before May's Romluan Blitz.

This way they keep the possible KDF blowup from being a supernova blast to maybe a 500Megaton blast.
Career Officer
# 23
03-27-2013, 07:23 AM
My feelings on which code they would be testing is that it will be Neverwinters code and not STO's. Neverwinter will need to be shoved out the door pretty soon so chances are that is the current demand for increased hardware. Who knows maybe Neverwinter is out in a week or three and the server is going to be a 'stabilising' server to cover the initial load that the servers will endure at launch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Rihannsu
# 24
03-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
When Tribble does become available again, it will not be to test Romulan gameplay.
All the other "May" features then? ;>
Commander
# 25
03-27-2013, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirlettia View Post
My feelings on which code they would be testing is that it will be Neverwinters code and not STO's. Neverwinter will need to be shoved out the door pretty soon so chances are that is the current demand for increased hardware. Who knows maybe Neverwinter is out in a week or three and the server is going to be a 'stabilising' server to cover the initial load that the servers will endure at launch.
If that were the case, then they would have just kept using Tribble and given Redshirt over to that activity.
Career Officer
# 26
03-27-2013, 07:10 PM
As it seems there is a decent amount of mis-information present in this thread I figured something needed to be said.

Ok so here is goes, when ever a major patch such as a new season is to be tested. The Tribble test server is used for testing that new major update content. As they can not, and do not want to put the live game on hold since there are still going to be minor changes that need to be made, The Red Shirt test server is used for this. This is how they have done it for every major patch to date and this how they are doing it this time around. If anyone doubts this go and read the following post in the Red Shirt forums which states exactly what is happening.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=597051
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
03-27-2013, 09:11 PM
again redshirt i didnt see that server for long time
OLD > JHAS - Battle Bug [Fed]
Captain
# 28
03-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Is it the Konami Code? Is that the Code that's going up on Tribble?

Is there any word you can give us before it goes back up what the new test might be or if and when we might be able to test LOR?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 29
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraithshadow13 View Post
Is there any word you can give us before it goes back up what the new test might be or if and when we might be able to test LOR?
We'll post Tribble patch notes that explains what is available to test.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 30
03-28-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We'll post Tribble patch notes that explains what is available to test.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
good ty and your team but when next week in some weeks ... 2 weeks before Romulan Faction goes live and (Cryptic Style)" Buggy" to Holodeck ? Or when ?
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
Closed Thread