Rihannsu
# 11
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Yes they can. Those Boff Candidates are unbound. You probably never noticed them since they tend to start at 10 Million EC and only skyrocket up from there.
people have reported that at least some of them are bound, and recently at that
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Rihannsu
# 12
03-26-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah, old ones weren't bound but any new ones are. Whatever is on the exchange now is gone once it's all bought and used.
Career Officer
# 13
03-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Well, there's certainly a "can use"/"can't use" flag of some sort, can't they just give us a filter like that? Doesn't matter if it affects everything either, it could be a universal button for all things on the exchange.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 14
03-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Call me overly simplistic, but wouldn't all the headaches related to the absurdity of the exchange disappear by making Doffs (and Boffs) faction neutral?

I can see rank and title being a bit of an annoyance, but if that display is modified to show from the perspective of the player (IE: Klingon players would see Klingon ranks, Fed players would see Fed ranks, etc.) that wouldn't necessarily be an obstacle.
Captain
# 15
03-27-2013, 09:40 AM
not looking forward to this in the least.
adding a faction filter for doffs would help, but the entire issue could be eliminated by having non-faction DOFFs jot show up in searches in the first place
as it turns out, an intrepid would lose a fight with a connie.
and thats canon.
! the power of plot compels you.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
03-27-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Rihannsu
# 17
03-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I'm told that our Engineers are working on a fix for this, so that if an item (such as a Doff) is faction-restricted, it will no longer appear on the Exchange for a player that doesn't meet the item's requirements.
YAY!!! that'll make finding the right doff for any situation much quicker now that i won't have to be looking at backgrounds

good job engineers
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
Quote:
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 18
03-27-2013, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
About-friggin time!!!

Was searching for an appropriate Bridge Officer Candidate on the Exchange (as FED) yesterday. First 3 pages (on Very Rare quality) were nothing BUT KDF officers. All for the low-low price of 10-20 Energy Credits each.

While your working on fixes for the Exchange, can you please make it so you can't post an item at a lower cost than "vendor value" ?
Rihannsu
# 19
03-27-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
While your working on fixes for the Exchange, can you please make it so you can't post an item at a lower cost than "vendor value" ?
BOFFs don't have an EC vendor value though, same with tons of other sellable items

it's still an interesting idea though
Quote:
Quote:
Captain
# 20
03-27-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
BOFFs don't have an EC vendor value though, same with tons of other sellable items
Then the solution is to ADD an EC value to BOffs. I've noticed they do have a Dilithium value thou, but I have no idea how to sell them for Dilithium.