Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Captain
# 11
03-27-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think you are missing the point of my post. I'm not saying someone is better/worse or OP/not OP. Just that FvK matches are unfun, compared to what they have been 2 years ago. And when I blame P2W consoles, I generally blame both sides.
Most P2W stuff doesn't show up until you hit Level 50-i.e. level-cap, funny enough, Feds don't que before L50, and how do I know this?

I've spent the last two months trying to 'old school' (level through PvP and the actual, faction-specific, FEs for the KDF) a Ferasan toon. Average calculated wait time according to the que for a match below level 50? (even on WEEKENDS??) 29 minutes (averaged across the board, at some hours even longer) and that's the ADVERTISED wait period. ACTUAL wait period is measurable in HOURS.

The major obstacle at LOW LEVEL (where the console powers mostly don't appear unless you've bought ships in the C-store before, aka an environment IDENTICAL to what it was 2 years ago) being that with 3-5 KDF waiting in the que, there was 0 to 1 Fed.

Even on GROUND.

I even tried Ker'rat...and guess what? DAYS to find an instance with a Fed in it, much less to fill the 10-kills dilithium mission or 25 deaths. (still haven't filled the deaths, and toon's now L49.)

On the RARE occasions that the ques DID pop, teamwork on the Fedside was negligible when it was there-this goes for C&H and Arenas, (except when V'Lol was queing-that player seems to have a gift for getting their team to ACT like a team!) and for Ker'rat at lower levels.

Seems to me that there's a lot of qq'ing over how the KDF are "op" from people whose PvP begins, middles, and ends at level cap, long into the period of time where the goofy powers and rep passives reside, most of the time from people who, if htey bothered to learn how to manage their builds, and work together, would DOMINATE (like most organized FEDDIE TEAMS DO) the Ques when they came on.

As for the "emptiness" of KvK-why would we fight each other? The storyline's a war between the Federation and the Empire, after all. It's not like we have to hide in our own little ghetto and participate in fratricide because we're scared of people who run inferior ships in a superior way...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.