Captain
# 31
03-27-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I think you are missing the point of my post. I'm not saying someone is better/worse or OP/not OP. Just that FvK matches are unfun, compared to what they have been 2 years ago. And when I blame P2W consoles, I generally blame both sides.
Most P2W stuff doesn't show up until you hit Level 50-i.e. level-cap, funny enough, Feds don't que before L50, and how do I know this?

I've spent the last two months trying to 'old school' (level through PvP and the actual, faction-specific, FEs for the KDF) a Ferasan toon. Average calculated wait time according to the que for a match below level 50? (even on WEEKENDS??) 29 minutes (averaged across the board, at some hours even longer) and that's the ADVERTISED wait period. ACTUAL wait period is measurable in HOURS.

The major obstacle at LOW LEVEL (where the console powers mostly don't appear unless you've bought ships in the C-store before, aka an environment IDENTICAL to what it was 2 years ago) being that with 3-5 KDF waiting in the que, there was 0 to 1 Fed.

Even on GROUND.

I even tried Ker'rat...and guess what? DAYS to find an instance with a Fed in it, much less to fill the 10-kills dilithium mission or 25 deaths. (still haven't filled the deaths, and toon's now L49.)

On the RARE occasions that the ques DID pop, teamwork on the Fedside was negligible when it was there-this goes for C&H and Arenas, (except when V'Lol was queing-that player seems to have a gift for getting their team to ACT like a team!) and for Ker'rat at lower levels.

Seems to me that there's a lot of qq'ing over how the KDF are "op" from people whose PvP begins, middles, and ends at level cap, long into the period of time where the goofy powers and rep passives reside, most of the time from people who, if htey bothered to learn how to manage their builds, and work together, would DOMINATE (like most organized FEDDIE TEAMS DO) the Ques when they came on.

As for the "emptiness" of KvK-why would we fight each other? The storyline's a war between the Federation and the Empire, after all. It's not like we have to hide in our own little ghetto and participate in fratricide because we're scared of people who run inferior ships in a superior way...
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 32
03-27-2013, 12:32 PM
fvk= sometimes
fvf= usually
kvk= never

now add rommies

fvr=sometimes
fvf=usually
rvr= never

kvk = never
rvr = never
rvk= never

never = prolly because people dont want to fight another team of cloakers if they are themselves a team of cloakers
<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Career Officer
# 33
03-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
As for the "emptiness" of KvK-why would we fight each other? The storyline's a war between the Federation and the Empire, after all. It's not like we have to hide in our own little ghetto and participate in fratricide because we're scared of people who run inferior ships in a superior way...

Ah, the Roleplayer's defense

1) Have you actually done the first KDF mission arc that has KDF fighting KDF? There are plenty of reasons for Klingons to fight other Klingons and in fact it makes more sense for them to be fighting each other than for Feds to have all those wargames against Feds.

Sorry, but the KDF houses are not all shiny happy ridgeheads holding hands.

2) Funny how that roleplay defense gets thrown out the window in Kerrat. How many players actually try to finish that "storyline mission" and not use it as a free for all shooting gallery? Or does storyline only matter when players are trying to justify why they don't KvK?

Again, players gloss over it, pretend it's not true, make up excuses > there is a reason that KvK is the most dead of any PvP queue and it's not a roleplay issue.

[This wasn't just aimed at your comments by the way, every time I see kvk get brought up, I hear some version of the roleplayer's defense.]

Last edited by ussultimatum; 03-27-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Captain
# 34
03-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Have you ever...er...watched Star Trek in any of its various forms...?

Have you never...er...noticed the KDF mission to kill 10 KDF ships (or the ground one)...?

Er...did you totally skip the initial story arc between House of Martok and House of Torg...?

Have you not played through any of the KDF Fleet Defense...where you defend against Rival KDF...?

The Klingons are far from one big happy family.
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Career Officer
# 35
03-27-2013, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Have you ever...er...watched Star Trek in any of its various forms...?

Have you never...er...noticed the KDF mission to kill 10 KDF ships (or the ground one)...?

Er...did you totally skip the initial story arc between House of Martok and House of Torg...?

Have you not played through any of the KDF Fleet Defense...where you defend against Rival KDF...?

The Klingons are far from one big happy family.

Virusdancer and I are in alignment on two separate issues in one day....

Surely this is borderline dividing by zero?
Captain
# 36
03-27-2013, 01:42 PM
Okay here are some things I noticed, as someone who does a lot of FvF as a Fed and FvK as a Klink.

1 - FvK feds tend to be very new - Most of the Feds in FvK don't even have basic tanking down, not even using tactical team. I was "fighting" a Fed cruiser in C&H yesterday and the only tanking power he used was RSP. The rest of his side weren't much better, popping more easily than NPCs on normal difficulty.

One guy in that match, in a Breen warship with full health, attacked me. I was so bored at this point I just sat there and let him fire on me without shooting back. Imagine my face when he actually killed himself with his own splash damage, almost insta popping himself.

That whole match was one giant facepalm. Sadly it's not exactly a one off. It's like elite STFs, where newbies and noobs throw themselves in at the deepend.

The level of challenge is so low, I'm actually getting bored of playing my Klink.

FvF on the otherhand has feds of a much more diverse skill level.

2 - KDF ships are largely superior - Sorry, but this is the truth. KDF battlecruisers ARE effective DPS cruisers, being like the Gal-X but with a much better turnrate. B'rel ships can tric bomb and sci-spam with impunity, KDF elite weapons are more useful than Fed elite weapons, power siphon drones render ships defenseless.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Ensign
# 37
03-27-2013, 08:03 PM
A large number of Feds in FvK are willing to charge in over and over again to take on the whole Klingon team solo.

This never ends well for some reason.
Captain
# 38
03-27-2013, 08:45 PM
It's one of those things, where for the most part - FvK can be just as much fun as FvF can be. Win or lose. Hell, even lose bad - I mean where you get so slaughtered you wonder if you're out there in a banana hammock and flip flops instead of a ship. But you still had fun even in losing. You could run into a KDF premade that's so coordinated that you think they're reading your mind. You might stay out of the FvK queue for a couple of hours hoping they go away, just like you would a premade in the FvF - but you're still ready to get back in there and have some fun.

But then...well...there's just those matches where you probably don't queue FvK again for 2-3 weeks or more. Hell, you might not even PvP again for a few days. It's just that bad...

...only happens FvK.

Doesn't happen that often - but it's bad enough that it's pretty easy to forget all the fun you had otherwise...
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder
Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethaen, M.Qin - Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba
Captain
# 39
03-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It's one of those things, where for the most part - FvK can be just as much fun as FvF can be. Win or lose. Hell, even lose bad - I mean where you get so slaughtered you wonder if you're out there in a banana hammock and flip flops instead of a ship. But you still had fun even in losing. You could run into a KDF premade that's so coordinated that you think they're reading your mind. You might stay out of the FvK queue for a couple of hours hoping they go away, just like you would a premade in the FvF - but you're still ready to get back in there and have some fun.

But then...well...there's just those matches where you probably don't queue FvK again for 2-3 weeks or more. Hell, you might not even PvP again for a few days. It's just that bad...

...only happens FvK.

Doesn't happen that often - but it's bad enough that it's pretty easy to forget all the fun you had otherwise...
As for me, though, I face such horrible matches in both FvF and FvK with fairly equal probability. Both sides can be equally bad, TBH.
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!
Rihannsu
# 40
03-27-2013, 11:14 PM
I'm kinda curious as to how this thread is actually still running successfully...

It looks to me like nothing more then another "KDF is OP and here's why.." Threadnought with "Sci is OP too and here's why" thrown in on the side..
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku