Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 21
03-27-2013, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Carry some torpedos and stop complaining...

Cryptic should take 1 forward wepaons slot on every ship and turn it into a dedicated torpedo slot. lol

Seriously the lack of torps fed side is a joke... I hope the aceton ends up in the next lockbox to wake you silly people up.
This. The AA is easy to counter.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 22
03-27-2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post

Yeah, I'm sure KDF players love countering it in the ever hopping kvk queues.

Spammy console + Multiple Carrier teams (fairly rare, fedside) = Fighting pets and not fighting the enemy.

Or ignore them and have your UI drowned in garbage.

Captain
# 23
03-27-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustafatennick View Post
Get a new team?
I actually tend to pug in PvP. Premades are alright once and a while, but it tends to ruin the fun of the match. I enjoy random pairings with other players. For me, it's part of the challenge of PvP.
Empire Veteran
# 24
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

Spammy console + Multiple Carrier teams (fairly rare, fedside) = Fighting pets and not fighting the enemy.

Yeah we do.
If one gets dropped we move. The enemy will follow you.
They drop another, move again.
If really needed, torp them.
So yeah, we KDF do find them easy to remove or ignore.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Commander
# 25
03-27-2013, 02:14 PM
Quote:
How many torpedoes does it normally take for you to kill one? Alternatively, how much time on cooldown do you sacrifice for it?
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Career Officer
# 26
03-27-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Yeah we do.
If one gets dropped we move. The enemy will follow you.
They drop another, move again.
If really needed, torp them.
So yeah, we KDF do find them easy to remove or ignore.

Translation:

1 console lets 1 team dictate the zone of play.

or

1 console lets 1 team force the other team to waste their time firing at a spam-item.

= Win for the console user

Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynder2012 View Post
so unless stats were changed recently this is the page

http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Uni...on_Assimilator

easily destroyed by torpedoes or the Omega Weapon Amplifier passive (if chosen) when it procs

edit: oh..now i see what you mean...i would rather see the CD on turret devices reduced to 2 mins per rather than 5 mins due to how quickly they are destroyed.
You say "easily destroyed by torpedoes" but the fact is, it's not easily destroyed by torpedoes. With a High Yield 2, even with a critical hit, I was not destroying this stationary target. Running FAW 3 with DEM 3 I was not really harming it. Granted I'm not specced into torpedoes, but still, I just think it has way too much hull HP for something that you can make at no cost every 45 seconds. It's far better than a torpedo or mine platform that costs actual materials and time to craft, and basically is useless in actual combat.

If it's going to be impervious to energy weapons it should die in 1 hit to a torpedo, not require two high yield salvos. General wisdom is don't get Omega Weapon Amp on a beam boat, which is likely to be a cruiser that wants to tank, and would get the shields booster. Now they have to not only put in a torpedo launcher to deal with this uber-spam but also have torp doffs and slot High Yield to have a hope to knock it out before the next 45 seconds. It's really stupid.

I'm not one to whine about unbalanced aspects but this is pretty beyond the pale. Can you think of another console that has a 45-second cool-down and does anything remotely this powerful?
Captain
# 28
03-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post

Ya I don't know when the last time you fvfed was... but I seem to remember Danoobs all over the damn place.

Tholian carriers catboxes... enough vesta spam to chock the sky.

Sorry but klink = more spam simply isn't true anymore.

Any time I take one of my torp sci ships into FvK its funny how 100% ineffective all that klink spam is.

Sorry Fed pugs in general have been duped by the "Elite" Fed players that convince them that 4 dhc and 8 beams are the highest form of game play.

Fed pugs fail because 1) they are way to defensive... gain you can thank the Fed Premade heros for teaching them terrible habbits. 2) they have ineffective dps builds... loading all energy is NOT a good idea. I can't even count the number of fed pugs I have seen where not one player has even one kinetic weapon. Considering that I say they completely deserve it when they know they are Queing FvK with those builds... I mean bops die all the time to a torp that hits while there cloaking... torp spreads hose all but 1-2 of the highest hit point carrier pets. 3) Thank the Fed Premade captains again for teaching the pugs that Gravity well is terrible... and CPB doesn't do enough dmg. (Thanks fed premades you make the pugs a push over... thanks for leading the way there)
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Starfleet Veteran
# 29
03-27-2013, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
[snip]
AA's are powerful but vulnerable systems, akin to mines in that they're area-denial systems, but unlike Minefields, they can't chase a target once they have 'locked it', meaning that they ONLY deny the area they're in, and only if their targets aren't specced into insulators and lack kinetic weapons.

They don't NEED TO BE NERFED. geez...
I'm normally very anti-nerd, let me start with that. But I am a proponent of balance, and having a faction-specific thing like this is very unbalanced.

And you say they are vulnerable but they have quite a bit of hull to them. Read my post above -- it shouldn't take more than a single torp to kill them. Also I don't think the Particle Gen. skill of the captain should improve them. Why should it, logically? The ship has a particle generator on board and particle generation might affect Warp Plasma or possibly ship-board energy weapons but how would it impact something you launch from your ship then you fly away? Just illogical.
Captain
# 30
03-27-2013, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Speak for yourself, you have never seen a noob JHAS all cannon build attempt to alpha strike an AA when you are in range of the backblast. He almost killed the entire team before my Quantum High Yield III could reach it.
LOL! Just LOL!!! I would have loved to see that