Career Officer
# 11
03-27-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Bug. Not WAD.

As for why exactly it's happening, I can't say that I immediately know by just looking at the symptoms.

It's on our radar to review and find a fix for. Until then, beware of Boarding Parties. (Honestly never thought I'd say that...)

That's good news Bort because people in PvP today were talking about not bothering anymore and calling this guy names I can't repeat. i apologised to him for accusing him of hacking but it seemed so extreme and was very like the ET bug recently fixed that put all your timers on CD for 2 min IIRC. Sooner it's sorted the better, or at least make TT available and able to clear it.

Thanks

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 12
03-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Ren, I meant in conjunction with... as in somebody getting hit by DOFF'd BPs and Bio-SS/SNB.

Somebody gets hit by X1 number of BPs.
They then get hit by SNB.
They get hit by X2 additional number of BPs.
They then get hit by Bio-SS.
They finally get hit by X3 additional number of BPs.

Does the system correctly handle the SNB and Bio-SS debuffs dropping off?
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Commander
# 13
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
You know, this is probably what Boarding Party should be like. Difficult to pull off, but awesome if you get it right. Like a BO3 that crits for over 100k damage.

On that note here's a suggestion for a new Explosives Expert DOff:

A big explosion that causes direct hull damage 5 seconds after the Boarding Parties hit the ship.
Career Officer
# 14
03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserfish View Post
You know, this is probably what Boarding Party should be like. Difficult to pull off, but awesome if you get it right. Like a BO3 that crits for over 100k damage.

On that note here's a suggestion for a new Explosives Expert DOff:

A big explosion that causes direct hull damage 5 seconds after the Boarding Parties hit the ship.
It wasn't difficult to pull off. This guy was doing it to everyone all the time. He even got me inside my own cloud of warp plasma so tell me how the BPs got through that?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
03-27-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
So I was told this guy was hacking, able toput your tray powers on CD for 8 min. I went to fight him to see as I didn't believe it and it seemed to be true. Took screenshots and then questioned him, he claims it is Boarding party with 2 doffs. If this is legitimate then it is totally and massively OP, there is nothing you can do, you can't even fire back. If it's a hack then I have his details and the screenshots for Cryptic to take action.

Here is a screenshot, look at the tray powers.

Comments?

http://i.imgur.com/KGGaOjD.jpg

I see you have Tac Team and didn't use it... are you also saying that no longer Clears Boarding Parties
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
03-27-2013, 02:22 PM
I want to thank everyone that sent us steps to attempt to reproduce this effect. Thanks to your assistance, we were able to track down one of the strangest power interactions I've yet seen since coming to work on STO.

And we just checked in a fix for it.

Boarding parties are still capable, on their own, of putting one or more category of power into cooldown for upwards of 45sec or so. But the interaction of this debuff, coupled with abilities like Subnucleonic Beam and the Bio-SS Doff, will no longer send the cooldown debuff's magnitudes hurdling off into the stratosphere. The effects of each will be applied, and stack in an additive manner, instead of multiplying one another.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 17
03-27-2013, 02:27 PM
That's good news!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Empire Veteran
# 18
03-27-2013, 02:44 PM
them multipliers makes things get out of hand dont they!

speeking of which, something else needs to go back on your radar. brels with those rom doffs still can be completely invisible, removing the multiplier and changing it to be additive was not enough to fix that.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 19
03-27-2013, 02:53 PM
Don't mess with the Saxcellent bp pwn technique.

Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Career Officer
# 20
03-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I want to thank everyone that sent us steps to attempt to reproduce this effect. Thanks to your assistance, we were able to track down one of the strangest power interactions I've yet seen since coming to work on STO.

And we just checked in a fix for it.

Boarding parties are still capable, on their own, of putting one or more category of power into cooldown for upwards of 45sec or so. But the interaction of this debuff, coupled with abilities like Subnucleonic Beam and the Bio-SS Doff, will no longer send the cooldown debuff's magnitudes hurdling off into the stratosphere. The effects of each will be applied, and stack in an additive manner, instead of multiplying one another.

Not only do we get a fix, this is one of the funniest posts I've read all week!

Zing!