Captain
# 41
03-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Have you ever...er...watched Star Trek in any of its various forms...?

Have you never...er...noticed the KDF mission to kill 10 KDF ships (or the ground one)...?

Er...did you totally skip the initial story arc between House of Martok and House of Torg...?

Have you not played through any of the KDF Fleet Defense...where you defend against Rival KDF...?

The Klingons are far from one big happy family.
Nope, not one big happy family, and never were-but...

But. the ques don't roll on KvK, they DO roll on FvK (at least, at level cap they do.)

If I want to fight other Klinks, I can go to N'Vak for that, and NOT have to wait hours for a que to pop.

It's just it's kind of "Why bother?" on that score.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Captain
# 42
03-28-2013, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
Nope, not one big happy family, and never were-but...

But. the ques don't roll on KvK, they DO roll on FvK (at least, at level cap they do.)

If I want to fight other Klinks, I can go to N'Vak for that, and NOT have to wait hours for a que to pop.

But have you ever wondered why noone queues for KvK? After all klingons moan about the low quality of F Pugs, F OP ships and F whatever. So why K do not fight K ? Should be better gamplay experience for them or ? RP factor is not excuse, because most Klingons are actually aliens flying alien ships...

So perhaps there is problem somewhere else.....and the grass is not greener over the fence.....
Empire Veteran
# 43
03-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janewaywarrior View Post
Klingon ships on average seem to be more powerful then Federation vessels on both turning speed and general damage. Obviously, not discounting that there are some very skilled PvPers on the Klingon side that use their ships well but this is not to point fingers but to address some of the problems with Klingon PvP so that hopefully this will encourage more people to do it.
I think there are only 2 things overpowered in the klingon faction:

1) pet spamming: if you can spam a lot of pet, you have dome at lesta the 50% of the work.

2) aceton assimilators: them help a lot draining your energy and turn off you systems... no matter if you have 55+ and skilled a bit (at least 3 point) power insulator.
Empire Veteran
# 44
03-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
Best power drain :here it is again the comparison between siphon drones and danubes.Which are worse ? Hard to tell.Both will stop you and wreck your play.
they are both bad... I think pet spam has ruined the game (at least pvp).

about energy drain: how can you resist against a team that drain your energy using drones, ability, aceton beam and consoles? I think is too much. We can have all of those items, but they should not stack (if someone can drain 55-60 from my energy, something stack).
Captain
# 45
03-28-2013, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
But have you ever wondered why noone queues for KvK? After all klingons moan about the low quality of F Pugs, F OP ships and F whatever. So why K do not fight K ? Should be better gamplay experience for them or ? RP factor is not excuse, because most Klingons are actually aliens flying alien ships...

So perhaps there is problem somewhere else.....and the grass is not greener over the fence.....
Well, I don't know how it is for you guys, but I queue both, but just never stay in the queue long enough for it to pop - the FvK queue is way faster. And I think that is partly due to the small number of active KDF PvP players online simultaneously. It's generally sort of enough to pop one arena queue and one or two CapNSplode vs the Feds, but enough to fill both teams? Hardly ever... I've seen the KvK queus go up to 5 or 6 people, until the KvF queue pops and there's just one left.

When queues pop regularly, I still end up being teamed with the same people again and again, facing different Feds, mostly. That sure doesn't hint at an overwhelming amount of KDF players hitting the queues. I think that's a large part of the problem, really.

I'd love to fight KvK every once in a while, but there's just not enough people pvp-ing when I am. Whether I'm on at my morning, afternoon or night.

I'd love to see the metrics on pvp, tbh.
Captain
# 46
03-28-2013, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post

It is a better game play experience in almost every KvK I have played... yes the games are better. Drainers are easily countered with dps and a klink team that doesn't have that even a pug on is hard to come by... things like aceton are countered my most bops cause well they have torps. Yes I have been in pug KvK games that have been very entertaining.

Proiblem isn't that klinks don't que problem... is there is rarely 10 klinks qued overall. lol

When we Pvp K side... we always que both... but the ques always look like this

8 7

With 5-7 Qued for KvK... so guess what never pops.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 47
03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post

Well, yes.

That's entirely the point.

Why doesn't the KvK queue pop?

I'm not buying the "low population" line, it only takes 10 players to fill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Proiblem isn't that klinks don't que problem... is there is rarely 10 klinks qued overall. lol

Plenty of nights recently with FvK and 16+ klinks queued. Yet the KvK queues are still mysteriously dead.

Keep in mind, this isn't you personally we're talking about, this is the average player.

Captain
# 48
03-28-2013, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Plenty of nights recently with FvK and 16+ klinks queued. Yet the KvK queues are still mysteriously dead.

Keep in mind, this isn't you personally we're talking about, this is the average player.
It doesn't fill up some nights honestly... because there are a ton of Nooby klinks that only seem to find there Klingon toons when something is broken.

When the the brel boff issue is resolved I bet those odd 16s drop back down to 8. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 49
03-28-2013, 06:04 AM
There are timezone things to account for at times. Depending on when you're playing, you may or may not see that many KDF. So during those times, it can be a population thing. Don't forget to check what events are taking place - the pop might be there, but there may be something else that they're grinding at that moment.

Who hasn't had to glitch Ker'rat to get the Kill10KDF, eh?

At other times, though - lol - yes, you'll see the 12-15+ KDF sitting in the FvK Arena/CnH queues with 0 KDF in the KvK queues.

Even there, though - ahem - there can be different things going on. If there are Feds in the FvK queues - those folks are probably having a blast in some good ol' FvK PVP. If there are no Feds in the FvK queues - well, then the KDF in the queues are probably that small group of KDF responsible for the majority of the complaints about the KDF in the FvK queues...meh.
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Career Officer
# 50
03-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
It doesn't fill up some nights honestly... because there are a ton of Nooby klinks that only seem to find there Klingon toons when something is broken.

When the the brel boff issue is resolved I bet those odd 16s drop back down to 8. lol
That's the truth of the issue really, and obviously noobs are noobs regardless of the color they're flying that night.

Although there are a few teams KDF side (and Fed side) that seem dedicated to bringing as much unfun heavy cheese as possible.