Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 11
03-28-2013, 01:21 AM
If they did another EnTR season - it should only be done if:

1) They can get Manny Coto back producing and running the story room

2) Berman and Braga are kept as FAR AWAY from the production as possible.

(Of course who are we kidding? This could neverhappen in a million years. Braga must be smoking dope or something.)
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says: "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 12 hmmm
03-28-2013, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by opheliadraegonne View Post
I only really want more episodes of Enterprise, since it didn't really have an end. I actually really enjoyed Enterprise. If this is true, though I think I have seen this same post in some other forum about some other show, also mentioning Arrested Development and with the same ? instead of apostrophes. >.>

However; if this is legit and not some sort of spam/bot or whatever, I would rather have new Trek. Which I think will happen after the JJverse trilogy.
I liked both of those shows and firefly. It often seems things i like get cancelled when shows i cant watch because they hurt my head get renewed...

I wonder why they could not make a few episodes of a show each time they come up with a new star trek film?
Captain
# 13
03-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Oh hell yes! I don't have netflix (don't even know if you can get it in the UK) but I hope, hope HOPE we get new seasons. And Manny Coto is back in charge. So we get the awesomeness of season 4 (and the show doing what it was meant to do) carry on. And it carries from from the Terra Nova episodes, compeltely ignoring EVERYTHING that was said to have happened in the past 10 years from These Are the Voyagers.
We can get netflix in the UK but for some silly reason we can watch and star trek or starwars films! Which I do want to watch! Bring back enterprise and make a new series!
Captain
# 14
03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
*Resetting Universal Translator to Braganese*

"I'm desperate for work, and sick of holding a sign which says 'will drop pants for cash' on Hollywood Boulevard! Help me get back into showbiz!"

Last edited by marcusdkane; 03-28-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
03-28-2013, 09:53 AM
Doubt it will happen.
Career Officer
# 16
03-28-2013, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Netflix has brought a new season of Arrested Development, but honestly, I think he's overestimating what Netflix can actually do. Arrested Development is the end product of Netflix's entire existence - ever since they launched their streaming service they've been trying to get an original show, or a cancelled show to continue, so they could say they were a real content producer and not just a reseller.

Sarah Conner Chronicles, Terra Nova, Farscape, dozens of one or two season sitcoms with promise but no follow through, a few longer running sitcoms that went downhill after a couple bad seasons (they'd supposedly looked at Scrubs after it changed networks and had that awful last season) at one point they were even trying to get a second chance for Seaquest DSV, because I guess the license is dirt cheap at this point and there's still two or three people in the world who care what happened after the aliens abducted the ship.

Their success rate for years or trying is one season of one show, and even that one only got made because a movie was already in production and the episodes are being filmed on the movie's budget and released for publicity.
Netflix is on the rise. Lilyhammer, House of Cards, and now Arrested Development? They should look at two more shows with 100 percent seriousness, Seaquest DSV and Alien Nation.
Captain
# 17
03-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Well sounds like Netflix is doing a few more 1st run shows, they have an order on deck for a new scifi show.

J. Michael Straczynski (Babylon 5) has partnered with the Wachowskis (The Matrix trilogy) to create the new Netflix sci-fi series Sense8, which is described as ?a gripping global tale of minds linked and souls hunted.?

So while we sit and hope shows like Enterprise and Terra Nova get reborn on companies like Netflix, for those of us that can get it, we will have a couple of new scifi shows to checkout. Without any ADs to boot.
Captain
# 18
03-28-2013, 12:06 PM
As I said in the other thread, Enterprise has been off the air for 8 years. It's dead Jim. Scott has moved on to other things - and was never happy having to deal with the bytchy Trek fanbase. I'm sure most of the other actors would jump at the chance, though. Like most Trek actors they end up doing bit-parts to survive after their Trek series ends.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 19
03-28-2013, 12:35 PM
It is about time we have a new decent science fiction series that is set in space. I think Stargate Universe was the last one and it seems to be the Enterprise of the Stargate universe.
Career Officer
# 20
03-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
It is about time we have a new decent science fiction series that is set in space. I think Stargate Universe was the last one and it seems to be the Enterprise of the Stargate universe.
I didn't like SGU in the beginning and when I started to do so, the show was cancelled. I am the curse of good shows. It happens all the time.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !