Career Officer
# 1841
03-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Another complete waste of time HOSE earlier - It's very rare that I bother to queue for it and I nearly always regret bothering with it; it's a catastrophic bore - and what I hate most about it is the way that your team can appear to be doing well up until a certain point. Had this again today.

All went well until we reduced the first B'ger ship to 15%, at which point both B'ger ships vomited Tractor/Regn spheres and probes all over the place. Subsequently found myself the only ship left fighting all this, the shields on my Rhode Island having held up better than those of my team-mates, but soon found myself in respawn oblivion too. Rejoined just in time to see those who had been killed, and therefore rejoined the mission, before me get taken down again. Attempted to fight on but again, the typical crappy zerg rush won again.

By this point the B'ger ship that we'd earlier reduced to 15% had it's health restored quite considerably, and two of the team quit. The rest of us followed shortly afterward. And I find that HOSE usually ends that way.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 1842
03-26-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushariagain View Post
Ok, you know, I thought I had a couple of pretty bad ones to post about people not keeping with groups, lagging behind, popping in and out etc but this one takes the cake:

I figured that I would run Manus on elite, I don't usually do elite but I know where I stand with manus and i know what I'm doing, so I figured, why not? Well we start and the first bad signs appear right out of the gate; one of my team talks to the officer before the rest have even finished spawning in to the map. I figured, well not everyone plays it the same way and I moved on, waiting to see if it really was as bad as i thought, the answer came to me almost immediately as the same guy (I think) charged into the first room alone, I followed and was stuck defending the crew member by myself as the guy responsible had gone back out of the room. So, I'm standing there with a shocked expression whilst blasting away at borg, get KO'd and the optional is blown.

By the time we get to the doorway of the second room, the whole group (mostly good players) has been wiped out about 5 times, myself included, one guy quit, not helpful. Every time we've gone down in under ten seconds of firing the first shots so we're starting the second room (yet again) and we get curb checked (yet again) in about four seconds (yet again), the respawn timer is already up around 80 seconds and we've only just started, under 5 mins... I'm left with a leaver penalty and no one to choke...

Tell me people, should I laugh or cry because I'm not sure.
have you tried stress balls? Throwing a cathode-ray monitor out the window always helps
Starfleet Veteran
# 1843
03-27-2013, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
have you tried stress balls? Throwing a cathode-ray monitor out the window always helps
I tried punching a CRT once. Only once. It won.
Commander
# 1844
03-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Not "the worst experience", but certainly worth mentioning.

ISE. After a decent beginning we rush to the left side. Suddenly I notice that only a KDF guy and me are shooting at the cube. Then I notice a BoP shooting one of the generators. Kinda panicked I ask, not very politely, "X, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?". His answer:

"what do you want from me man, im bringing them to 10%"
"i cant fight the cube i ahve to much dps it targets me almost instaly"
"i have almost 5k dps per shot"

Needless to say, I laughed so hard I lost control of my ship and the cube blasted me to pieces. Fast respawn, I rush to the cube and see that one of the gens has been already killed and the awesome BoP's pilot is dead. Usual thing happens - spheres spawn at the gate, I glance at them and I notice that optional is already blown despite the fact that they are still very close to the gate.
Turns out that when the amazing BoP, some other guy and me moved to left cube, other 2 guys rushed right and killed a generator there.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Ensign
# 1845
03-27-2013, 12:40 PM
I don't get the joke?
Career Officer
# 1846
03-27-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhomaios View Post
I don't get the joke...
(I corrected your syntax because what you wrote wasn't a question.) Anyway, he laughed because the bop is a small ship, so he wasn't used to hearing that those ships have too much fire-power. (Of course with the right weapons and enough buffs you can take out even a cruiser with 2-3 hits. for example Space PVP Star Trek Online with Thissler
Commander
# 1847
03-27-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
he laughed because the bop is a small ship, so he wasn't used to hearing that those ships have too much fire-power
Actually on KDF I use a decently set up Hegh'ta (when I don't use other ships, that is). What almost killed me was "I can't shoot it because I deal too much damage". "5k DPS per shot" was also good.
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
Career Officer
# 1848
03-27-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoryczny View Post
Actually on KDF I use a decently set up Hegh'ta (when I don't use other ships, that is). What almost killed me was "I can't shoot it because I deal too much damage". "5k DPS per shot" was also good.
oh ok LMAO... i can see why that's funny.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1849
03-28-2013, 04:32 AM
I think my worst STF experience was using the PublicEliteSTF channel. At first it was good because I was able to get into groups that knew what they were doing but for the past couple of months there has been a bug in the STF queue and apparently everyone in the channel thought it was my privacy settings and was practically calling me a liar. I even tripled checked my privacy settings just to make sure that my settings were where it was suppose to be at but I still was being called a lair. Thankfully I am now in a fleet that actually does weekly runs of STF's and was able to complete the necessary projects for the omega reputation.
Career Officer
# 1850
03-28-2013, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
However, today, in Azure Rescue a certain member of said fleet started in on me for the terrible crime of trying to free a scimitar while the tarantula was otherwise engaged.

"Keep doing that and I'll go AFK" was their plaintive cry, "the games not meant to be played like that"
Wait, he complained because you were freeing ships instead of wasting time shooting? What da faq?

Usually when I'm in Azure Rescue somebody will be berating the group for blasting Tholians instead of freeing ships...

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk