Captain
# 51
03-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
That's the truth of the issue really, and obviously noobs are noobs regardless of the color they're flying that night.

Although there are a few teams KDF side (and Fed side) that seem dedicated to bringing as much unfun heavy cheese as possible.
Agreed most teams have toons both sides at this point 3+ years after launch.

The really terrible ones... tend to gravitate to which ever side has the most broken cheese that night.

Right now ya... lets face it brels you can never see. (at least if you don't bring proper anti klink sci... which no pug does)... do spell unfun in bold 36pt Time New Roman. (lets hope they fix that one soon... so those goofs can all go back to there time stepping aoe slowing bug running cheese ball fed teams) lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 52
03-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
It is a better game play experience in almost every KvK I have played... yes the games are better. Drainers are easily countered with dps and a klink team that doesn't have that even a pug on is hard to come by... things like aceton are countered my most bops cause well they have torps. Yes I have been in pug KvK games that have been very entertaining.

Proiblem isn't that klinks don't que problem... is there is rarely 10 klinks qued overall. lol

When we Pvp K side... we always que both... but the ques always look like this

8 7

With 5-7 Qued for KvK... so guess what never pops.
But if its truly better gameplay experience, and Fs are full of cheese/fail/the usual whatever, why does the FvK queue pop more than KvK ? One would think, the "dedicated" pvpers would queue for KvK more than FvK....for the obvious "better gameplay" reasons. So something is not right here....

Either K players like to queue against those OP / imba/ fail / whatever feds....or they are just afraid to fight competent enemy. But that is hardly the attitude of a player in the "dedicated pvp" faction, as someone called it before

Seems like it is one of the unsolved mysteries of STO.
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
03-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Wanna know the real truth? The truth is...
All the evul Klinguns are noobs piloting OP ships with toy consoles and broken abilities...
The KvK queues never pop because the evul Klinguns don't want being ganked by themselves...
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

Adm. Marcus orders: Punish the evul Klinguns! Punish the evul HOBOs! And nuclearize Qo'nos once and for all!
Empire Veteran
# 54
03-28-2013, 07:32 AM
FvK ques pop more than the KvK because most KDF fans are dedicated to fighting feds. And while we do not have many numbers those numbers work quicker on the FvK ques than KvK.

I really dont see the issue and feel the "reasoning" being given as to why KvK ques pop less is faulty.
I play what I wish and the FvK is my first choice, then CnHs and then KvK. I do not see why there should be a conspiracy involved.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 55
03-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
FvK ques pop more than the KvK because most KDF fans are dedicated to fighting feds.

I would say that those KDF fans don't really know much about Klingons in (TV/Movies) cannon, have skipped the entire first arc, the ground missions and space repeatables where you fight other/rival Klingons, etc.

House vs. House intrigue is one of the coolest things about Klingons.

Sorry roach, but the roleplayer's excuse completely fails time and time again.

Captain
# 56
03-28-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
FvK ques pop more than the KvK because most KDF fans are dedicated to fighting feds. And while we do not have many numbers those numbers work quicker on the FvK ques than KvK.

I really dont see the issue and feel the "reasoning" being given as to why KvK ques pop less is faulty.
I play what I wish and the FvK is my first choice, then CnHs and then KvK. I do not see why there should be a conspiracy involved.
Hmm to fight "feds" ? RP reason ? but queues are full of bugs,galors,ferengi ships,breen ships and yes couple of fed ships.

So you are telling me, the dedicated klingon fans, that roll an ugly looking alien flying one of the lockbox alien ships like bug like to queue in FvK to fight against Feds ? For the classic FvK experience ? Oh Roach, you can do better than that.

If klingons can field 16 people for FvK CaH, they surely can field KvK arena on regular basis....

Beside, Klingon culture is feudal, full of house vs house battles for power. It's not Game of Thrones with all that backstabbing and ass kissing, but the Game of Battle. SO really, KvK does make sense...RP wise.
Ensign
Simply put, almost all you said is not true. Learn to play, study, go to bootcamp (which is an excellent initiative), ask for a friend's help in challenges, practice. Become better.

1) KDF ships are not OP. KDF tactic of "cloak and alpha strike" is a no brainer, they should do that. I never get alpha shut down by klings in pvp. Keep shields up, pay attention to the specific sounds of the game when they decloak and launch torps or prepare an alpha strike, BFI, EM and so on. Slot some engineer consoles for defense. Get healed by team mates.

2) Whining about "sci spam" is flat lame. Science has already seen the most nerfs in the game and is becoming more and more the less effective of all classes. SBN is actually THE only sci skill worthy and it does exactly what it is supposed to do. People get sci captains in their teams almost only for this skill, which is quite relevant in terms of this class present lack of usability.

Advice:

1) practice a lot and learn from the guys better than you;
2) fight against better opponents;
3) don't leave/afk a game. also, dont suicide by warping alone in the first 5 seconds to reach the enemy spawn area (suiciders are even worse than afk.leavers);
4) learn to play in a team. Actually, as someone said, teamplay is the best skill you can get and develop. Communicate, cross heal, wait for the target to be called, follow the squad leader's orders.
Empire Veteran
# 58
03-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwrathforever View Post
Wanna know the real truth? The truth is...
All the evul Klinguns are noobs piloting OP ships with toy consoles and broken abilities...
The KvK queues never pop because the evul Klinguns don't want being ganked by themselves...
Why? Being ganked by a decloaking defiant is no different than a decloaking BoP.
Circling focus firing cruisers is little different than circling focus firing BCs.
The same tactics we tend to use in fighting feds is what we used to fight each other.
Someone plays bait until everyone decloaks and the match ends eventually. KvK plays just fine when it pops and is usaully over fairly quick.
It seems to me only the feds have issues fighting the KDF.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Career Officer
# 59
03-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
It seems to me only the feds have issues fighting the KDF.
You mean except for those utterly dead KvK queues right?

Captain
# 60
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
KDF don't do KvK for the same reason a lot of experienced Feds don't do FvK - they don't like the hideous amounts of cheese.

Even when the feds aren't queuing for FvK, you'll hardly see the KvK queue twitch.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai