Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 72
# 41
03-28-2013, 03:39 AM
YESSS!!!!! And he can come to STO too
I thought I took the Blue Pill.......
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 496
# 42
03-28-2013, 04:01 AM
My niece would DEFINITELY watch it. Then again she's a big Christopher Pine fan...

As for me, I'd watch it. But only if it was about a battle cruiser protecting a rag tag fugitive fleet as it runs from a hostile organic hating synthetic species...

Just kidding. I'd watch it just to see where JJ takes his new series.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 43
03-28-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
All you guys who say you wouldn't watch it are lying. How do I know? Because you're all here playing a game that is just as much non-canon as JJ's Trek. If you're willing to put up with STO you're willing to put up with a JJ series.
I play STO.
I can't stand Lost.
The very concept of Revolution makes me want to call up JJ Abrams and yell "Y U NO UNDERSTAND SCIENCE!?"

Two JJ series I refuse to put up with. Your point is disproven.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,309
# 44
03-28-2013, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
I play STO.
I can't stand Lost.
The very concept of Revolution makes me want to call up JJ Abrams and yell "Y U NO UNDERSTAND SCIENCE!?"

Two JJ series I refuse to put up with. Your point is disproven.
You need to get a sense of humor. I foresee a very frustrating life in your future without it.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 579
# 45
03-28-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
You need to get a sense of humor. I foresee a very frustrating life in your future without it.
I laugh only when jokes are funny.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 238
# 46
03-28-2013, 08:25 AM
No. I only intend to watch the new movie to laugh at the neverending amount of plotholes again too.
That would get boring for a whole series though.
JJTrek just doesn't do it for me as real entertainment compared to the old Star Trek.

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 79
# 47
03-28-2013, 08:28 AM
id just love to watch trek i havent seen a million times b4
Ensign
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8
# 48
03-28-2013, 08:32 AM
No. I have tried and tried and tried to make peace with this new Trek universe, and as hard as I tried, I couldn't do it... 50 years of continuity flushed down the crapper because they had an IP they weren't making enough money off. I can't and won't bring myself to say that this is Trek now. This is not the Trek that I grew up with... It is, as so many other things have been, a repacking of my childhood that just fails to live up to it's original. It lacks story, it lacks heart, and it's just a big Hollywood action movie that spent more money on special effects and actors than hiring a team of writers that could do justice to the legacy that Roddenberry left them. Abrams is a charlatan. He has to ride the coat tails of men greater than him, and destroy everything that he lays his hands on, and I find it EXTREMELY disturbing that the future of the two flagship IPs of Sci-Fi now now rest squarely within his sticky-fingered grasp.

Last edited by mattfive; 03-28-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,727
# 49
03-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dossw780 View Post
Would i watch yes just to nit pick his mistakes like in the movie i watched and the one up coming. Don't get me wrong i love jj abrams shows just not trek and as a Fan of trek i'm worried about the Star Wars fans. My reason is he seems to be trying to erase some of Rodenberry's Trek and yes i know this is a alternate universe but as me and a few other trek fans thought this was posed to be a prequel to Rodenberrys Trek and to me as I write fan fiction and love it the way I do i'm sorry JJ i vote Rodenberry verse because i am trying to write a new fan fiction in the delta quadrant based on after Voyager and Nemesis and i have major stumps let alone the fact that I cant exist because he is re-writing history.

wdd
That is one incoherent paragraph...
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,727
# 50
03-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenight00 View Post
I probably would watch it to be honest. I play STO which stretches canon so far they might as well just toss it out the window.

That being said though I doubt a trek series based on JJ's universe would be any good. These new trek movies are like the Michael Bay films, they capitalize on nostalgia to fill a movie studios coffers. They rewrite the story of whatever subject matter they are ripping off, so the movie could be repackaged in a way to guarantee more ticket sales. ie Special Effects, sex, and bad drama with little story.

If you take out the special effects of these nostalgia exploitation films you'd see there is very little story actually holding the movie together. A tv show doesn't have the special effects budget like a movie studio does, so all we'd be left with is bad story telling during the series. I'd probably still watch though. I watched the train wreck that was Voyager out of fan loyalty.
Agreed, the JJ movies wouldn't translate well to television, they are just popcorn flicks with nonstop action and momentum.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:04 AM.