Career Officer
# 1851
03-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Wait, he complained because you were freeing ships instead of wasting time shooting? What da faq?

Usually when I'm in Azure Rescue somebody will be berating the group for blasting Tholians instead of freeing ships...
Yup, thats exactly what the poor unfortunate wight was complaining about.

I surmise they'd never shot a tarantula down and were missing the experience.
Career Officer
# 1852
03-31-2013, 05:25 PM
I've detected some strange new development over the last few days. At least, it's new for me.

A few times during Infected Space Elite. We take down the transformer on the left side, go to the right side, do the same thing there. Then we start firing at the nanite and normal spheres. The tactical cube gets too close, the spheres are around it, some players go down. When they respawn, they simply fly to a totally different target (the gate, they approach it from the other side) and start shooting there.

The result: I'm alone, or with only one other player, surrounded by spheres, chased by a tactical cube (while trying to get close enough to the spheres, but not too close to that cube) and eventually I go down as well.

Whenever I go down, I can't wait to get back and support my team again. But for some reason other people seem to think that after they are destroyed, the can choose whatever target they like and don't have to care about the fact that there are still players who are still firing at the targets that killed you. Suddenly, no one seemed to care about concentrating fire on the same target anymore. (Now that I'm speaking of selecting targets, isn't it a little illogical to target the gate first when there are still moving targets on the map?)

I don't know what others are thinking about it, but I may get somewhat frustrated whenever I am destroyed because the larger part of my team doesn't come back after they are destroyed but simply leave you there to be destroyed as well.
Starfleet Veteran
# 1853
03-31-2013, 07:24 PM
I don't know if it is just me or something but I have noticed that doing groups in the PublicEliteSTF channel was the worst experience for me. Don't get me wrong when I joined the channel it was very useful considering I was able to complete all the optionals and such by using the channel but afterwards it just didn't feel right. Noticed I was getting put into groups that had no clue on what they were doing and such. Eventually I left the channel because apparently there was some issues with the invite queue's and everyone thought it was me even though I had my settings properly set.
Career Officer
# 1854
03-31-2013, 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by risian5 View Post
I've detected some strange new development over the last few days. At least, it's new for me.

A few times during Infected Space Elite. We take down the transformer on the left side, go to the right side, do the same thing there. Then we start firing at the nanite and normal spheres. The tactical cube gets too close, the spheres are around it, some players go down. When they respawn, they simply fly to a totally different target (the gate, they approach it from the other side) and start shooting there.

The result: I'm alone, or with only one other player, surrounded by spheres, chased by a tactical cube (while trying to get close enough to the spheres, but not too close to that cube) and eventually I go down as well.

Whenever I go down, I can't wait to get back and support my team again. But for some reason other people seem to think that after they are destroyed, the can choose whatever target they like and don't have to care about the fact that there are still players who are still firing at the targets that killed you. Suddenly, no one seemed to care about concentrating fire on the same target anymore. (Now that I'm speaking of selecting targets, isn't it a little illogical to target the gate first when there are still moving targets on the map?)

I don't know what others are thinking about it, but I may get somewhat frustrated whenever I am destroyed because the larger part of my team doesn't come back after they are destroyed but simply leave you there to be destroyed as well.
they need to learn not to aggravate the cube...
Rihannsu
# 1855
03-31-2013, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicninja2 View Post
I don't know if it is just me or something but I have noticed that doing groups in the PublicEliteSTF channel was the worst experience for me. Don't get me wrong when I joined the channel it was very useful considering I was able to complete all the optionals and such by using the channel but afterwards it just didn't feel right. Noticed I was getting put into groups that had no clue on what they were doing and such. Eventually I left the channel because apparently there was some issues with the invite queue's and everyone thought it was me even though I had my settings properly set.
well it seems some days publicelitestf is full of idiots that have not done elite stfs before and its very fustrating, it feels like ur pugging it lol
Career Officer
# 1856
03-31-2013, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
well it seems some days publicelitestf is full of idiots that have not done elite stfs before and its very fustrating, it feels like ur pugging it lol
I think at the very least, players should be penalized for closing their chat window during an stf. That way they'll learn their lesson and listen to instructions instead of blowing the missions to hell.
Commander
# 1857
04-01-2013, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
I think at the very least, players should be penalized for closing their chat window during an stf. That way they'll learn their lesson and listen to instructions instead of blowing the missions to hell.
I know what I'm doing in Elite STFs and often have my chat window closed, or at least zone and team turned off so I can banter with some friends during downtime (autofire, waiting for events to happen, etc). Why should I be penalized for not wanting to be bothered by some uninformed joe-schmoe telling me how swords are the worst STF weapon and that his minigun is better, or how I should be using emergency power to weapons instead of emergency power to shields? The same joe-schmoe who dies about a dozen times during the STF and then blames others for his stupidity?

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
# 1858
04-01-2013, 03:17 AM
[quote=risian5;8950051A few times during Infected Space Elite. We take down the transformer on the left side, go to the right side, do the same thing there. Then we start firing at the nanite and normal spheres. The tactical cube gets too close, the spheres are around it, some players go down. When they respawn, they simply fly to a totally different target (the gate, they approach it from the other side) and start shooting there.

The result: I'm alone, or with only one other player, surrounded by spheres, chased by a tactical cube (while trying to get close enough to the spheres, but not too close to that cube) and eventually I go down as well.[/QUOTE]
Not a new trend I'm afraid to say. The weaker players find the gate easier to deal with than something with shields that can chase them

What I've seen recently is when a weak player is killed by the left-side spheres spawn, they trot over to the right to take on the cube or worse one of the generators while the rest of us are still working the spheres. The're either ineffective against the cube's shields and only succeed in dying, or blow a generator while the cube is still up.
Career Officer
# 1859
04-01-2013, 04:46 AM
Just had one of my top contenders for 'worst STF'.

HOSE - an instance that lasted all of five minutes, for me anyway. It was fail from the start - some idiot in a Prometheus got stomped almost as soon as he opened fire, was sent to respawn oblivion and then quit. Then another idiot, in a Sovereign, aggro'ed everything. We wound up surrounded and pretty much everyone got taken out. The idiot in the Sovvie aggro'ed everything again and we wound up with the Borg crawling all over the respawn point, killing everyone as soon as they respawned. Another player quit, as did I as there is NO point in trying to play a mission where the enemy sits at the respawn point.

I really do hate HOSE - I occasionally join an instance, hoping that it'll be different to the last, and it almost never is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 1860 How stupid can pugs be?
04-01-2013, 11:02 AM
I had a howler earlier on, it cost me my near perfect khitomer record. In this case it was 3 bad pugs. only two of us was actually getting anywhere though we ended up being bogged down in probes, one fool was parked up spamming auto fire at a gate whilst a transformer and the generators were intact, completely ignoring me telling him to hit the generators, the others were in cloud cuckoo land by the looks of it, not surprisingly the whole STF was a dismal failure. 2 bad players is horrible but 3 bad players, well you do the maths, at least have a tutorial STF so this level of stupidity very rarely happens, 1 bad player can be carried,2 at a pinch but 3 forget it.

Mirror NX, you know you want it