Career Officer
# 11
03-28-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Sure like I said it requires an investment.

You need 5 doff's at 1.2 a pop and be ready to fabrication 20 powered ones @ 1 million.

Obviously you don't sit around waiting for the chain to give you a non powered and go collect the samples.

This risk is during a circle, getting 1/4 purples you might have to fabricate say 10 or 20 or even 30 AND risk the purple ones you get are of low vaule.

Then comes the day where you get a 30 or 60 million one.
So it's a lottery.
Like we're all saying.
We don't like lotteries.
Commander
# 12
03-28-2013, 09:00 AM
/signed

I really like this idea actually. Crafting is useless right now and it would be fantastic to be able to craft something you can actually use or other people desire. Yeah, DOFFing those consoles costs a small fortune and 99.999% of the time ends in disappointment/uselessness, so not worth the investment. This is a great idea to make crafting viable!
Captain
# 13
03-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
So it's a lottery.
Like we're all saying.
We don't like lotteries.
Then dont do it

I just started with Fabricating and made 70mio within two days. If you dont get something, then dont do it, if you dont like it, dont do it.

Its not like you have to do it. You can, but you need not to.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Career Officer
# 14
03-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
To me, it's just a big lottery with those consoles. You're going to get a lot of crap, but after dozens of attempts, you're bound to get something useful.

I think Bort made a post about this awhile back and went into detail about fabricating these consoles.
With the Introduction of Fleet Science consoles, approximately one third of the crafted consoles are useless. They should hurry up and offer Engineering and Tactical Fleet consoles and change the current crafting job into a specific job for each type of console (Craft Phaser Relay, Craft Flow Capacitor, etc).
Captain
# 15
03-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Nah it's not a lottery. It's more like poker - you risk getting bought out before you can take the pot.
In this case buying yourself out.

In the lottery you have below 0 % of winning, like 0.00^11 of 1 %, so many zeros behing the 0 percent your calulator can't show it in the display

Here, you will get 1/4 purple, it's always I think exactly 24 % chance - however it's not going to be 1/4.. it can't be 2/10 or 4/20 or 6/30.

Meaning you might have to craft 20 to get any purples or even 30. The last ones you fab then all comes out purple.

Of course the opposite can also happen. The first do you fabricate will be purple then the next 8 won't be.

True enough, you might get all crappy purples for a while but it's by the same math. Over a long enough period you will get the good stuff - only problem is if you have the EC to keep going.

I made 200 million EC my first week easy but you have to have some resources initially.
Just to play a hand is over 7 million...

You can't just be some homeless off the street with 500 EC expecting to get rich by tomorrow.

I got lucky on a clothing item that exploded in price off the exchange and it was a gamble but the first millions I made I had to grind hardcore.

The best thing you can for yourself is learning exactly what is worth anything including consoles - some don't have to be purple to be worth some.

Once you go up the ranks you start taking chances if a guy is undercutting items you gamle you can sell them higher and honestly it can be fun.

I have nothing but waiting on bugged items left in the game for me so I envy you for your position staying hungry.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
03-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl View Post
To me, the problem in the current mk xii process isn't so much the random nature of the quality or console type, it?s the terribly inconsistent rate the ?Negotiate Additional Deliveries doff mission shows up. We?ve been told the CD on this mission I believe is 5 days to a week or so. Why then, has it been over 2 weeks since I last saw this mission? At one point around the holidays, it was one solid month before I saw it again. It is an Uncommon mission, nog Rare or Very Rare, so it should be more frequent. It?s also been quite some time since I got a Strange Alien Artifact as a Crit on one of the Sector Artifact missions.

I think if the Strange Alien artifacts dropped more, it would lessen the rub of getting a green sci console. Just try again next week. Perfect world (pun intended), they would add a vendor to DS9 (maybe a shady Ferengi in Quark?s) where you could pick up the ?Negotiate? doff mission on a set CD (kind of like the doff cadres w/ the personnel officer @ the academies), or even buy the alien artifacts out right for dil.
The cooldown for NADORC is 72 hours from when the mission completes, or 76 from when you pick it up.

It sounds to me like you need to join DOFFJOBS and DOFFCALLS chat channels, and look at the spreadsheet more often! http://bit.ly/doffs

Yes it's a reasonably rare mission, but it's generally up at least once a day - I can normally find it on the day my cooldowns finish
Career Officer
# 17
03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwhity View Post
Then dont do it
Give me an alternative.

Quote:
I just started with Fabricating and made 70mio within two days. If you dont get something, then dont do it, if you dont like it, dont do it.

Its not like you have to do it. You can, but you need not to.
Translation: "I got lucky, therefore it's okay!"
Your post demonstrates exactly why the system is deeply flawed.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
03-28-2013, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizwei View Post
Give me an alternative.

How about selling the artifacts to some poor schmuck to craft into a worthless green XII?
Captain
# 19
03-28-2013, 10:09 AM
It's not about luck.

It's about having a large enough sum to go the long stretch.

And I doubt anyone is going to give you any of their secrets. In my case I know of an item that people pay millions for you can find for as low as 500.

The best I can tell you is find out what items cost and work your way up.

That's going to take work same as everything else. And it's dynamic so you have to know what's going on in the game from week to week. Just like you have to have EC you are ready to part with without a profit.

Honestly though it's fun taking a risk, it's sort of the one thing in the game that's actually player controlled so don't shy away from it.
Career Officer
# 20
03-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
How about selling the artifacts to some poor schmuck to craft into a worthless green XII?
1 million a pop isn't exactly going to make me rich when the in demand very rare mk XIIs are going for 50 mil+.
I'm speaking of a way to craft these items reliably. Why do we even have a crafting system that only lets us craft obsolete items?