Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 275
# 21
03-28-2013, 01:16 PM
Face rests in hands* I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,598
# 22
03-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
Face rests in hands* I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Well, if all you want is people to agree with you blindly, I can see how you'd get to that conclusion.

However, if you can actually come up with a cogent reason for your proposition then maybe, just maybe, people will agree with you.

Merely stating that something is so, is not an argument.

So, once again.........why do you want end game content to be less about the imaginative use and repurposing of existing equipment, and more about the ability to acquire kit that others can not get?
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 275
# 23 o.o
03-28-2013, 01:31 PM
For god sake just read the first few post or get on with your day!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,598
# 24
03-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
For god sake just read the first few post!
That was your thesis.

Since then you've been offered antithesis.

Time for your synthesis.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 518
# 25
03-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
For god sake just read the first few post or get on with your day!
In other words, you can't actually defend your argument so you think by making one line posts you might distract people from that fact.

Doesn't work, never has. Either answer the counter arguments or admit you can't actually defend your opinion. I suppose you could keep posting the type of mind numbing nonsense and ad hominemn you have already. But they aren't really doing anything to help your case.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 275
# 26
03-28-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm sure arguing with random, lonely nerds who are sending text from their parents basement will really make it happen...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 149
# 27
03-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
...the "End bad Guy" is the Borg Queen. <--- And this has been the only ST endgame for quite a while...
I am not wishing it to be more like WoW, Guild Wars, DC Universe, etc.. I guess I am like other players who want a story arc from A to Z. I was never into Star Trek the TV show or any of the movies. I initially came here to learn about the Foundry when I read about it being used in Cryptic games. I really applaud them for being very unique in that area. Please forgive my ignorance about the Borg Queen but I admit I spend more time with the Foundry than any other aspect.

I suppose my suggestion to the OP at this point. If you don't like the storyline, pickup the Foundry and write your own. LoL There is a lot of great content in the Foundry, they just need a better way to sort it all out.

Phasers on Caress!
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,598
# 28
03-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akurie666 View Post
I'm sure arguing with random, lonely nerds who are sending text from their parents basement will really make it happen...
Ad hominem and projection!

what next, I wonder?

and where is my DSM IV?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,525
# 29
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
While I'd love to see some more challenging content, I don't think the current game mechanics could handle anything we had/have in WoW (or games like it). There is far less control over the character, less complexity, cooldowns on abilities are to long, no real healing or tanking mechanics, current lack of "classic" healer/tank/dd setups, lag (which automatically happens when you got servers sitting on the other side of the globe), no item-progression or progression-reset etc...

They'd probably have to make some drastic changes to the game itself to make it possible to include anything harder than the hive or ground eSTFs, which would pose the question to them if it's worth it.

Would it make sense (a.k.a. be more profitable) for cryptic to put their limited rescources and money into a high-end raiding system, which might only be enjoyed by a fraction of their paying customer base? Or should they rather focus on some of the existing missing features, which probably appeal to a larger, more casual crowd? (e.g. finishing Klingon content, revamp the PvP-system, third faction etc...). My guess is that Cryptic has far to few rescources to be able to work on everything at the same time, unlike a behemoth like Blizzard.
Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 275
# 30
03-28-2013, 03:57 PM
Perhaps it does not have to be as grand in scale as a Wow raid but a challenging scenario with a boss who isn't a push over is called for. In Champions, during certain events, if the boss wipes your team it ends the event and you have to Q again.
What is there was a small colony that was under attack by the borg or w/e defending key points and protecting colonist would be the first objective. If you loose so many colonist the mission is falied, and if the boss manages to wipe out your team the mission is failed ala Champions. Make it very difficult and add a small chance for the boss to drop a unique item found no where else.
There are many creative paths that do not require a lot of dev time or effort that could be pursued to provide a unique challenge for the most skilled players.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 AM.